How rare is Void Battery?

I've just found my first one and I'm seeing less of them on the market than Kaom's/Shavs. I always knew they were valuable and pretty strong but I never looked into just how rare they are.
Last bumped on Feb 25, 2017, 4:04:19 PM
It's in the highest unique rarity tier and as far as I know it requires at least itemlevel 77 to drop, which limits its drop rate even further.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jul 4, 2016, 9:59:38 AM
Are they still GG with rare wands with ele damg? Not a math guy but I beat them with rare wands/daggers every time I tied. No never found one bought them like everything else.
Git R Dun!
"
80% reduced Spell Damage
(10 to 20)% increased Cast Speed
(50 to 65)% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
+(40 to 50) to maximum Mana
+1 to Maximum Power Charges
25% increased Spell Damage per Power Charge

They seem pretty strong. Didn't know they were so limited in level drop.
"
ToBeSomebody wrote:
"
80% reduced Spell Damage

Don't mind Aim_Deep, he's old money from standard league - his idea of 'rare wands/daggers' probably involves something almost mirror-worthy :P
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
ToBeSomebody wrote:
"
80% reduced Spell Damage

80% reduced damage. so i would need 4 power charges just to overcome the penalty and it does not have a crit multi. what is so good about this?
Last edited by kompaniet on Jul 4, 2016, 3:27:23 PM
^25% increased Spell Damage per Power Charge that is why this wand rocks; max out power charges and you're golden
POE is life. POE is ♥.
Last edited by KonaLuvsPOE on Jul 4, 2016, 3:43:05 PM
You'd have a base of five Power Charges (because you have two of 'em), three from the tree, and one from Alira, for a total of nine. You can get more than that if you want. Additionally, they have an implicit 36-40% Increased Spell Damage modifier too.

Each Void Battery, assuming average rolls, grants a total of...
9 * 25 + 38 - 80 = 183% Increased Spell Damage
(65 + 50) / 2 + 50 = 107.5% Increased Crit Chance (+50 for the Power Charge)
15% Cast Speed

The only thing it doesn't have is Crit Mult. That's what is so good about Void Battery.
Never found one, so yeah, it's rare all right.
Censored.
With dual VBs, you'd be getting 50% increased damage per p-charge, 160% reduced spell damage, and 72-80% increased spell damage. Total of 88-80% reduced spell damage.

In order to just break even, you need two p-charges. Each p-charge after that is beneficial. With nine p-charges (3 inherent, 3 from tree, 2 from wands, and 1 from Alira) you would be at 360% increased spell damage combined. Add in the 4% increased damage per p-charge from the Witch's p-charge passive and you get another 36%, giving you a total of 396% increased damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info