2.3 Lacerate Gladiator Tanky, high clear speed, Video Guide

Lacerate is a fun new skill that plays like a hybrid between melee and ranged. The gladiator ascendancy offers spell block, corpse explosion, and efficient charge generation. The high moment speed and aoe make the build fun to play.

Here are some details of the build:

Videos

Skill Tree
Spoiler
Gladiator Skill Tree

Jewels
Use life and physical dmg

Bandits
Help oak
Kill all (or help Kraityn)
Help Kraityn

Gear and Links
Spoiler
Main SKill

Auras

Supporting skills

Ancestral Protector Totem

Jewelry

Flasks

Leveling
Spoiler
Skill Tree
Try to rush to the Resolute Technique to get a big dmg buff. Unwavering Stance is very important too. Other then these two, get life nodes first if you are lacking life on gear and dmg if your weapons are not update. I like to get the long travel done at lower levels.
Example leveling Skill Tree
Gearing
Gearing is easy while leveling you can get evasion or armor. The main thing is life or resist on gear. To keep your weapons up to date you can buy a new weapon on poe.trade for very cheep if you cant find any. The endurance charges make up for lack of resists if you cant get cap on gear.
Links
Try to link Blood Magic and whirling blades early on for fast movement. While leveling you will have to use a mana pot and you can also use Blaspheme linked Warlords Mark to help with mana on bosses. Herald of ash is the only aura i was running at the lower levels until i was not using mana pot any more then can put on hatred too.

DPS
Spoiler
The dps is only for one slash so 2x the toll tip. This is how the difrent buffs effect your dps.

DPS with auras

DPS with charges

DPS with charges and totem

EVERYTHING (concentrated effect, Atziri's Promise, Totem, Charges, Auras :)
Last edited by Rumdum on Jun 30, 2016, 9:13:39 PM
Last bumped on Jul 17, 2016, 1:35:27 PM
edit 1: added a section for some quick leveling tips
edit 2: added a dps section showing off how the different buffs work on your dps
Last edited by Rumdum on Jun 30, 2016, 9:12:56 PM
What did you do for bandits? Any leveling advice?
The bandits are in the skill tree section help Oak, kill all, help Kraityn. I will be adding a section for lvling soon.
What are your thoughts about swapping out Added Fire for Fortify and taking the Rampart Cluster?
I don't think it would work because the rampart cluster is 6 points away giving 6 less life nodes which would add up to 30% less increase to life. Also added fire is a more dmg multiplier while the rampart cluster is only increased dmg so will give much less dps over all.
Nice guide, I'm making a new Gladiator following your build. I still don't use Lacerate yet since my Gladiator is only lv 50ish, cleave gives me better clearing speed as well as life/mana on hit with Blasphemy & Poacher's Mark.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info