[2.3]PHC Zoomancer Weapon Animator - 200+ minions. Atziri/Uber Izaro viable Safe and Fast clearspeed

I have been playing quite a lot of different summoners since the last few years and I came across one build that I really enjoy.

The point of the build and the difference of this build comparing with the many other Animate weapon we've seen so far is the fact that I am playing with EB/MOM/ZO.
I use two auras, Anger/Wrath linked with generosity and empower in order to scale the elemental damage of my minions.

Note that I do not run any other minions. I play only with AW.
No zombies
No SRS
No spectres

Here is the passive tree :

I haven't done the uber lab yet as I am still trying to find the last trials but If I had the points I would be taking Beacon of Corruption.

Here is my gear :

Gear

I got pretty lucky by chancing the Jorrhast's in a tempest Zana mod - Managed to make it with 7 chanced orb...
Then I 6 linked it with 42 fusings. Never been so lucky!

link

Animate Weapon - WED - Elemental Focus - Minion Damage - Melee spash - SPELL TOTEM / Multistrike.

GMP - Freeze Pulse - Curse on hit - Elemental Weakness
CWDT - Increased duration - Immortal call
Vaal haste - Flesh offering/Bone offering - Increased duration
Anger - Wrath - Empower - Generosity in a +1 gem helm.

The reason why I play with spell totem is that since 2.3 the range of Animate Weapon spell got increased from 25 to 75 meaning that we can now animate from really farther.

"
Chris wrote:
Animate Weapon and Animate Guardian have had their range modified. Previously there was a bug where you could bypass the range. Now that this is fixed, the range has been tripled from 25 to 75 units.

The idea is to leave the totem around while we are spamming Freezing pulse which decrease the fire/lightning res while increasing their cold resistance - Thanks to Elemental Equilibrium keystone.

The build is fairly safe since I am running enough life - Got almost 6k now and 2k ES (as EB with MoM so that 30% is going to ES before life)
I am barely ever touched by any minion since I run around with so much animated weapons around me.

---
The build is still a work in progress and I would appreciate any feedback as I am trying to make it better.

IG: LastBOSSop
Last edited by Xadrim on Jun 26, 2016, 12:08:59 PM
Last bumped on Jun 29, 2016, 3:41:06 PM
Uber Izaro Done.
I added Beacon of corruption
What about Atziri/Uber?
Hey, i dont understand why you use curse on hit really. Since its only 1 curse.
Otherwise ty for the build - wanted to try animated weap for a long time!
video please this sounds fun
How do you "get this build started" in a new map / where do you get your first weapons from?
Just from killing mobs with unbuffed freezing pulse?
"
Rardq wrote:
What about Atziri/Uber?

I did Atziri 15 times since the beginning of the league- Uber I did not try since I believe that it would be too risky

"
Stigingvar wrote:
Hey, i dont understand why you use curse on hit really. Since its only 1 curse.
Otherwise ty for the build - wanted to try animated weap for a long time!

Curse on hit is indeed to apply the only curse that this build is running but we do use Elemental Equilibrium to reduce the fire/lightning res. Both together is pretty good because we cast Freezing pulse anyways.

"
travisiscool wrote:
video please this sounds fun

Honestly I would have made a video but I ripped at 91 because I was too greedy and I thought I could manage to do uber Izaro fully buffed with all phases.
He died, but me too... :) I played really badly and the mods were really rippy I just got cocky tbh.

"
Hausser_0815 wrote:
How do you "get this build started" in a new map / where do you get your first weapons from?
Just from killing mobs with unbuffed freezing pulse?

So, you have two solutions, or you bring with you 2-3 weapons from the previous map/area
Or you get a 5L bow with Mirror Arrow/Blink Arrow and you just pop them until you get your first weapons.
You don't need more than 2-3 weapons to make it rolling, then it just snowballs.
The game should be good after the level 50+ , the cruelly falls many weak items that toten summon easy, I will try and reissue here! ... sorry my bad english... use translate
I just wanna preface this saying I really like minion builds. I had a Mirror/Blink Arrow Trapper Necromancer, I've done SRS and all the other basic minion builds and I've always really wanted to try AW, and am really excited to see this build reach fruition.

However, I guess I've hit kind of a wall.

I'm level 52, at cruel Dried Lake, but I'm having a problem killing ANYTHING. Unbuffed Freezing Pulse can't kill anything, really. Also, it seems weapons are pretty scarce. Granted, I don't have a Jorhast (There's only one on poe.trade and it's listed at 1,555 exalts wtf), but even still I can only manage to really get like 4 or 5 weapons out, so upping that to 8 or 10 still wouldn't really solve my issue I don't think.

So I'm in a vicious cycle in where I can't kill anything because freezing pulse can't kill anything so I can't get weapons animated because freezing pulse can't kill anything so I can't get weapons animated, etc.

I guess my question is did you have this problem and what did you do to get over it? Even if you didn't, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Leveling this build now, currently lvl 55. I switch over to Jorrhast as soon as I was able to, not sure if it was a good idea. When you have 6 - 8 weapons out the damage is quite good. The problem is weapon drops are quite streaky, I know once I get into maps that won't be a problem anymore. I supplement AW with flameblast for those dry spells.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info