Elementalist Question: Do Mastermind of Discord + Pendulum of Destruction affect minions?

Wondering if the elemental penetration, increased elemental damage, and increased AoE from those nodes benefit minions. Thanks!
Last bumped on Jun 3, 2016, 7:02:56 PM
No

The rule is that minions are not you and do not have your stats. So for a stat to affect a minion, it must either
1) specify minion,
2) be a Support, or
3) be an effect that affects Allies (i.e. auras)

The abilities you list do not meet that criteria.

Only exception I know of is magic find stats, which would just be cruel to treat the same way as offensive or defensive stats, so when you see an mf stat you can think, for example, "increased rarity of items found by slain (by you OR your minions) enemies"

EDIT: Now that I think about it there is one more kind of exception I've heard of. Apparently, Vaal Double Strike clone entity isn't a minion. Rather it is some strange totem like entity with no well defined (for us players) entity type. So it's not technically an exception (Vaal Double Strike has no Minion tag) but apparently uses your offensive stats
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Jun 3, 2016, 1:04:45 AM
Darn, well I guess this means Elemental Conflux won't work either. Beacon of Ruin, however, seems like it might proliferate elemental status effects caused by minions?
"
Darn, well I guess this means Elemental Conflux won't work either. Beacon of Ruin, however, seems like it might proliferate elemental status effects caused by minions?

I don't think so. Even though you made the minions THROUGH your skill, they are not, in and of themselves "your skill". Also getting them to inflict a significant amount of any ailment would be ridiculously hard to manage, so it's also not worth it, even if it does.

As to Vaal Double Strike, the best description I heard of it was as a Rogue Exile or Grandmaster, of your character. It is technically an ally, and you can support it to boost its damage, but it isn't a minion or totem. It's a copy of you, as if you were to be made into a Rogue Exile or a Grandmaster. That tends to help me keep track of it, personally.

- Sheepster
Lol so this pretty much means if I want to make a quad Summon Flame Golem build, Liege of the Primordial is pretty much all I need.
Last edited by mimivirus on Jun 3, 2016, 1:41:04 AM
"
Lol so this pretty much means if I want to make a quad Summon Flame Golem build, Liege of the Primordial is pretty much all I need.

AFAIK Liege doesn't stack up with multiples of the same golem. So you could use all four golems and get use from them, but running four flame golems would still only give you one copy of the flame golem buff, and one copy of the Liege buff.

You could maybe go with a weird, tri-element minion build using all four golems, but you couldn't really do crit, so the Ice buff would be a waste, and the phys reduction buff from Chaos would only affect you AFAIK, and you would be at range so it wouldn't do you a lot of good.

I am assuming you meant Liege and 2x Clayshaper, to get 4 Golems?

- Sheepster
Yeah I'm aware that some of the stats on Liege of the Primordial won't apply multiple times, which is fine as I really just need it for the +1 Golem. Immunity to elemental damage is also pretty significant.

Yeah I'd dual wield Clayshaper. Quad Flame Golems seems better than any other iteration of a golem build.
I wish you luck. If you manage to get such a thing working, I'd love to see it, and I'd be duly impressed. I have my doubts, but it'll be interesting to see.

- Sheepster
I have tested something similar and it actually is quite strong.

There is also another dude on this forum who has done fire golem build with videos and stuff and it's quite impressive.
Edit: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1579614

However it would still probably be better to go with necromancer and have 1 less golem and better minion nodes. Atleast in my opinion. =)

Last edited by Sippesan on Jun 3, 2016, 10:27:54 AM
If you really want to be primarily a summoner have you considered just going necromancer? 3 golems plus a bunch of awesome minion stats seems like more of what you want than 4 golems plus a bunch of wasted ascendancy points... plus you can get your big, tanky golems to spread huge chaos clouds when they die.
Last edited by codetaku on Jun 3, 2016, 10:29:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info