Just encountered Junith Perandus... well done GGG!  Who is she?

Running a tier 6 Strand +17% quality map and encountered her guarding the coin chest:

It took 2 trips back to town for my fire of death Templar Hierophant (3 fire totems + GMP Magma Orb) before I vanquished her:

First of all a big WELL DONE to GGG for her level of difficulty. Some may die to her and some may 2 shot her but she was in the "goldilocks" zone perfectly for my build. I had to play her carefully to not die, exactly as it should be. My 3 fire totems were a super big help in blocking out a ton of her ground slam shocks (so to all that will troll post that "Ascendancy subclasses are optional" please shut up. I love to lay down my wall of magma from behind my barrier of 3 fire totems and needed them to keep the ground shocks on my exile to a minimum).

You just made my day GGG. Thank you.

Can't find any backstory info on Junith Perandus? Is she Cadiro's sister or daughter? What's her bio?

Edit: The Strand map end boss dropped:
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on May 27, 2016, 5:36:20 AM
Last bumped on May 27, 2016, 5:58:02 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Hm. Those are two trash-tier uniques, aren't they?

Besides, I've encountered Junith before. Seems to be just insanely rare. Didn't exactly impress me to be honest. The only memorable thing of the fight was the tips I got from people I invited to the map once I saw her.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
ehh i killed her. she was weak to my trapper
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
I don't think they have released any back story for any of the chest guardians. Maybe in the future we will find out more about them.
"
joachimbond wrote:
ehh i killed her. she was weak to my trapper

Not hard to kill anything with a Trapper in the current state of the game.
Man's Hurbris is such a fickle thing.
Nice you liked it. It is really exciting some fights in this game. Made me remember the first time i fought the lightning strike perandus guy, i was hitting him fine, then i noticed it was actually hard, was in a 6 party people and around 3 died to it, lol. Then i just tried to kill it for a long time, i has leech and really high evasion, so i could stay all night long fighting. Just noticed who he was when i killed it, because was shown challenge complete. Still don't remember who was, but those kind of fights, holy shit, gz GGG, what a game.
Sometimes...
"
Char1983 wrote:
Hm. Those are two trash-tier uniques, aren't they?

Besides, I've encountered Junith before. Seems to be just insanely rare. Didn't exactly impress me to be honest. The only memorable thing of the fight was the tips I got from people I invited to the map once I saw her.

The Paula Amulet is good for a conjurer build:
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

"
Nice you liked it. It is really exciting some fights in this game. Made me remember the first time i fought the lightning strike perandus guy, i was hitting him fine, then i noticed it was actually hard, was in a 6 party people and around 3 died to it, lol. Then i just tried to kill it for a long time, i has leech and really high evasion, so i could stay all night long fighting. Just noticed who he was when i killed it, because was shown challenge complete. Still don't remember who was, but those kind of fights, holy shit, gz GGG, what a game.

Yes, playing PoE now is mostly about speed clearing maps and avoiding boss death traps. 99.9% of the time killing Perandus chest guardian master is just a yawner as he/she is lower challenge and it's just a matter of avoiding being mobbed and not get into a bad frame lag situation. I was initially thinking Junith was just another average master too but after a half dozen times being hit by 3 fire totems + umteen Magma Orbs and her health has only gone down a little I knew she was a tougher chest boss. Fortunately she wasn't a 2 shot death trap to my Hierophant so I just needed to be patient and keep the fire totems between my exile and her and keep hammering her with Magma Orbs plus FP when I could get close, kite back to get 100% health and attack again (rinse and repeat).

GGG needs to create a biography for her since she is of the Perandus family.  :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info