I'll be happy to hear comments and suggestions regarding my build

Hi everyone,

now that the Perandus league is about to end, i want to share with you the build i created and hear what you think in general, and how do you think i can improve it.

So first i must say that i try to invent my own builds and not to use other idea. i find it more fun although i know my character will be weaker than must of the build since i'm not a hardcore player and i do not spend enough time playing and studying the game to be able to max my character.

Anyway my build is a Shrapnel shot Deadeye. I know shrapnel is not a popular endgame skill, but i found that his 100% pierce together with drillneck do a nice work. in general i'm able to play until tier 15 white map and 13 on rare maps, although i systematically fail on atziri.

except to the shrapnel shot (linked to faster proj+phys projec+culling strike+phys to light+WED) i use on the gloves cast on hit +herald of lightnin+proj weakness, i use herald of ash linked to conc. effect, fire penetration and enhance on the boots and blink arrow, faster casting light golom and AA on the helmet, on the bow i have blood rage and place to other gems which i do not use right now.

The charterer is quick and fun to play and have a decent ev and life (14k and 4.7K, although i know some people will say it ain't enough) and can reach 36K dps (without counting the shock effect), yet as i mentioned i believe there is still much to achieve.

at lvl 89 my tree is
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAABeAO4FLQVmBbUGIwguCIkKmw2NEYET2hUgFUMZjhm0Gf4bASLqI_YlPypNLOktgy5TMHEwfDGeMgEylDWSOkI_J0MxSn1KyEt4TP9Nkk3jUUdTu1b6XWheRWOnZU1l02qTbqpvJ3FDcaF07XjrexR9dX8CfyuGs4d2jX2Nv49PkvOVBZpqmvGbJpuNplem4KfUqKKq-KvSr-uxAbEwshm1CLXyu-O9Nr6nv9XB2MSiyqnPXs9602_TftQj1ljWiti92cbajdrB3UbdqOCf45_nCujW6xTtg-4O73r2o_rr_MX-j_66_sg=

my gear is:

my flasks:

finally i wonder maybe to use those jewels

the jewels i currently use

So, as i said feel free to comment.

thanks in advance
Last edited by Odnight on May 29, 2016, 2:39:39 PM
Last bumped on Jun 2, 2016, 4:16:12 PM
P.S/

with my technical incapability i didn't succeed to upload my pic from imgur, anyone knows what i did wrong?
Last edited by Odnight on May 26, 2016, 12:29:59 PM
Up
up
On imgur, you must chose BB Code / Forum tag to display image. It looks like this (without the extra spaces): [ img ]http://image_url[ /img ]. Also imgur provides (l)arge, (m)edium and (s)mall thumbnail for each image uploaded. this image thumbail has the same url as your uploaded image + the extra l/m/s just before file extension.

example (quote my msg to see the code):

On topic:

Jewels:
- you're scaling your dmg from physical so you need physical damage (with bow is ok) or projectile. Lightning dmg doesn't help much since it won't boost Hatred and HoA.
- life is a must
- res are really cool to be ele weakness capped.

=> Static Electricity won't help you much, you will get better result with a decent 3 mods jewel.
Lioneye's fall is useless for archer build on the right side.

The jewels you use: they are meh. corrupted one has only life and eva (to a certain extent) that are useful (we don't usually look for eva on jewels). The other one is just average too, projectile dmg is fine but lightning won't increase your HoA or Hatred damage (why don't you have hatred?).

So target jewels with a life roll, physical damage or phys dmg with bows or projectile dmg and a good third stat (all res, dual res, chance to shock, attack speed, or just another dmg roll).
Ex of decent jewels:

On links:
- 20q your gems, the quality bonus adds up quickly. You'll get back your current dmg around lvl 16 or 17 q20.
- HoA doesn't hit, so fire pen doesn't work on it. Also Conc Effect and Enhance increase your mana reservation *a lot*. Just remove these 3 supports and use Hatred instead, and enjoy the very sensible damage boost.
- Why Culling Strike? at least in solo you should use another better support like pierce, even if you have 100% pierce already, the more bonus still adds a lot of damage. Point blank is quite straight forward too with Shrapnel shot. Another better option imho is to go for a blue socket to use lightning pen or increase AOE.
- Archers are usually always on the move. The chances for Arctic Armour to be an effective protection are very slim. Just ditch it.
- You need chance to shock if you want to shock. I don't see any except on boot (conditional). At the very least use Conductivity curse (maybe with a CoH setup), or go crit.

Tree : I did some tweak for this version. It has a bit more damage (master fletcher / Fury bolt and proj/att speed at ranger start) and one additional jewel slot (replacing path of the warrior and one attack and move speed node).
Alternate tree with point blank: link

The trees are still very glassy however, with very low life (137%). You should get life in all your jewel slots. Perhaps you should refund some evasion or move speed nodes to get last nearby life nodes you miss.

Gear:
- Get a rustic sash with high life and 2 res and str or 3 res (> 30 ideally)
- jewelry: you want flat phys rather than flat ele roll. WED is very wanted to of course, and life and needed res.
- It shouldn't be too hard to find better gloves, but if you want to stick with those, at least 4L them.

Flasks:
- Stibnite and Basalt flask are very powerful defensively. Atziri's flask lost lots of its appeal with their addition. Basalt especially is about as good as ToH to protect yourself.
- Q20 your white flasks, then roll them. You want remove bleeding, remove freeze and adrenaline on quick silver. You also need an instant flask on divine or hallowed base. Example of flask setup:

Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on May 28, 2016, 5:58:43 PM
Hi,

First of all thank you very much for the detailed answers and thoughts.

I have done many of you're suggestion and now got around 50K dmg max, which is a big boost.

yet i was wondering regarding few things:

changing the belt- the current belt gives me a very high life bonus+nice phys dmg, since my res are capped already, isn't it a waste to change it to some belt which will give me less life, same dmg and a bit more res? those belt are very expensive for a minor change.

when i socketed conc effect to HoA it change the dmg and the radios of the skill, and it showed its label on the skill, are you sure it does not affect it?

what can i add to my current setup of gloves(if i four link them) and boots, which will improve my charachter?

tnx in advance
A rustic sash will give you more damage thanks to its implicit. The life should be similar and the 2/3 res will help you move res from other pieces of gear or tree. With a good belt, you could for example replace one ring by a coral ring for more life.

Welcomed stats on rare gloves (P: prefix, S: suffix):
(P) life
(P) life or mana leech
(P) increased eva/ar/es
(S) attack speed
(S) any res
(S) stats (int, str)

Of course a pair of gloves with all these mods is super rare and expensive. Your pair fulfills most of these mods so it's quite ok, and you have a nice enchantment in addition.

Welcomed stats on boots
(P) move speed (25+, 30 highly recommended)
(P) life
(P) increased eva/ar/es
(S) any res
(S) stats (int, str)

On Conc: I'm not saying conc doesn't effect HoA, it's fire pen that doesn't work. Fire Pen requires a hit to work, but HoA doesn't hit.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on May 30, 2016, 4:39:47 PM
tnx, you're the best! (:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info