[2.2] Taming of the CoC Sucker (Taming/Emberwake, Cyclone CoC Blade Vortex Ele Prolif Empires Grasp

Gameplay Videos

Passive Tree

poeurl.com/C66

Gear

+ Intuitive Leap

With the recent expansion, Ascendancy, we were given tools such as the Elementalist class that provides a much stronger alternative to the Elemental Proliferation gem, and with it we saw the rise of several Taming/Emberwake builds.

The Trickster class became the obvious choice for any Cyclone based Cast on Crit build. With a Vagan "Hits can't be Evaded" dagger you don't have to worry about Accuracy and now you can also say the same about Mana with the Trickster's "Movement Skills cost no Mana".

I studied these changes and this is the result of my intense theorycraft sessions:

THE TAMING OF THE COC SUCKER

This is going to be a Cyclone Cast on Crit Blade Vortex Assassin build, (ab)using the ranged weapon that is a 3-white socket Prismatic Eclipse, and the long-forgotten Support Gem Elemental Proliferation.

Essential to the build are these unique items:

We need Prismatic Eclipse white sockets to increase the Weapon Range of Cyclone, to suck more mobs into the system. Combined with Empires Grasp + Knockback on jewels, this helps stack up ignites very quickly. Taming + Emberwake is the core of the build; stacking ignites and the increased dmg per status effect combo.

Ascendancy

Assassin is the primary choice here, as it allows us to use two 5% base crit weapons on a crit build.

The build is essentially full functioning with only Normal and Cruel ascendancy passives Unstable Infusion, and Deadly Infusion. In Merciless I will pick up Toxic Delivery for more damage, but it's not really mandatory.

Skill Gems, Support Gems and Links

This is your main skill; chosen because of the innate increase in Attack Speed, the fact that it scales with Weapon Range as well as Area of Effect, and that it keeps you on the move at all times.

Normally Blade Vortex in a Cast on Crit Cyclone setup will suffer from it killing monsters before your Cyclone can reach, leading to your Blade Vortex stacks falling off, but with +14 to Weapon Range we can avoid this problem.

Our main source of Fire Damage. This enhances the damage of the Blade Vortex, then makes it so that your Cyclone will stack Ignite which further enhances the damage of your Blade Vortex thanks to the effect of The Taming/Emberwake combo.

The Less Damage penalty hits hard but unlike other builds we gain back that damage, and more, from The Taming. With this we get to Ignite huge packs of monsters and proliferate the combined Burning Damage to melt even the toughest of bosses.

An increase in Damage, chance to Ignite and a more reliable chance to Cast on Crit.

Jewels

We need knockback on our jewels, at least 20% total for it to feel good.

Future:

Spec into Mind Over Matter, Deep Thoughts and Mana Flows - try Aylardex Amulet with Mind over Matter, pick up rest of life nodes.
Last edited by dandan88 on May 17, 2016, 7:45:02 PM
Last bumped on Aug 25, 2016, 6:22:58 PM
EDIT: the thumbs down on the video and the downvotes on reddit has made me change my mind. don't credit me for this one, please.

sorry, dan, but I can't have people find out I was part of the INTENSE theorycrafting.
Last edited by Redoxe on May 18, 2016, 12:33:03 AM
I think the fact I leveled this to level 84 and also named it "RedoxesBeautifulMind" is enough credit m8.

PS to GGG Bex: Build of The Week imo.
Last edited by dandan88 on May 17, 2016, 8:30:46 AM
"
dandan88 wrote:
I think the fact I leveled this to level 84 and also named it "RedoxesBeautifulMind" is enough credit m8.

PS to GGG Bex: Build of The Week imo.

I messaged Bex asking if you'd lose all your chances at making the Build of the Week due to the name having a pun on CoC.
Destined to never see the light of day.

Forever hipster

Never forget
Just rename the build, and post the approximate dps you should expect from this build.
some names are clever and funny, this one is rather stupid. Build idea is somewhat interesting, I am glad to see lots of hard work put into the build. clearspeed seems kinda slow, but hey, you get points for tryin to do something new =)
Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
slowest clean speed ever :/ aoes are too small, you lose yours blades too fast

on paper it can be an infinite dps but here it's very slow.
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
I BELIEVE IN SUCKING COCS

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info