I'm crashing often in sarn arena pvp since ascendency

I've no idea what causes it, but I've been crashing very regularly in sarn arena since ascendency. Has anyone else had more problems than before, I'm just hoping I'm not alone?

Before ascendency I could be crashed by someone using a troll skill setup designed to crash people, but now even that doesn't seem needed. Something happens offscreen, my game freezes, and I'm looking at my desktop. It seems similar to the ctd crash that can happen when you enter a map late, and a bunch of mobs were killed near the tp shortly before you entered.

Last bumped on May 9, 2016, 6:41:22 PM
[removed]
Last edited by Aodui on Sep 1, 2017, 12:36:19 PM
I had sound crashes and sound related fps drops regularly in 2014, until I added the --softwareaudio tag to the exe. I haven't had them since, even after the ascendency patch made these crashes much more common again. I don't think my recent crashes are related to the poor sound engine, but what is actually causing them still eludes me.

edit; this might be of interest to you: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/51323
Last edited by RunawayFixer on May 1, 2016, 11:10:29 AM
I've been crashing constantly since 2.1, some were to extreme projectile speed (I could crash some people near the edge with the turbo shrine and some 1vs1 arena were totally unplayable) but it seems it's been fixed and now It's totaly random .
Last edited by IceDeal on May 1, 2016, 5:40:23 PM
Your furthest spectral throws quite literally traveled to where no other projectile had gone before, I bet you gave ggg a real headache when they tried to fix those crashes :)

About my crashes: yesterday I had 2 more in sarn arena, where I was seemingly cwdt flame dash warping after death, while fighting an cwdt/echo frost wall bow player. I then returned and fought without flame dash, without any further crashes. I'm certain that cwdt flame dash wasn't always involved when I crashed, but it seems like it's an explanation for some crashes atleast.

I dueled the same player several times in 1v1 afterwards, with and without cwdt flame dash, and experienced no crashes at all. In 2.0 and 2.1 I also had builds that used cwdt flame dash, and not a single issue in Sarn arena. Maybe it's something else that ggg fixed in the arena, that broke my cwdt flame dash :D

Used to get these crashes too. Not anymore.

How I fixed my arena crash issues:

1. Added the --softwareaudio line you mentioned here previously. If you run the game through Steam, the option can be found in the app launch settings for PoE. Just google it

2. Turn off post-processing in the graphics options

3. Turn off shadows in the graphics options (not entirely sure if this one actually helped - so if you don't like the look and feel of this, try keeping this one on and testing.)

No more arena crashes since then.

There's still a completely separate issue I experience (being CI) where I spawn with 0 life - so effectively I spawn dead. But, I'm not actually dead since my ES is full charged. Weird stuff.
1 and 2 I have had set like that since 2014. Only with ascendency did my crashes in pvp begin. Mostly in arena, occasionally in 1v1 as well.

I had to look a few days to find some actual pvp in perandus to try with shadows turned off. And it turns out I still crash. Restarting the game that often is too big a hassle unfortunately, so I'm going to give up on pvp for a while.

And my current build can't catch whirlwind trappers, nor fight against sparkers, which doesn't leave much. I find it a shame, but it's probably a good time for me to take a break from poe pvp.
"
RunawayFixer wrote:

And my current build can't catch whirlwind trappers, nor fight against sparkers, which doesn't leave much. I find it a shame, but it's probably a good time for me to take a break from poe pvp.

Everyone's gone anyway, I may try to organize a "melee only" tournament to change from the stupid range/aoe meta but it won't happen before 2.3 at least.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info