Ele Weakness + Conductivity + Lightning pen = overkill?

Currently running triple curse Mjolner with ele weakness and conductivity (a total of -90% lightning resist)

Is lightning pen necessary for my mjolner skills? How overcapped are people usually in HLD? would I get more benefit from another support gem?
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2016, 3:22:20 PM
Players hardly ever have much overcap. I am personnally playing with a flammability curse and elemental equilibrium which trigger when people hit me. I have never seen a case where it didn't change the damage inflicted to the opponent yet.
However, you may have the oddball that is massively overcapped in one or multiple resistances like me. I'm at 189% fire res (plus potential ruby flask), so the chance of you managing to reduce my fire res outside of fire penetration is fairly low. I am less overcapped on other resistances, though, and probably won't bother going over 50% overcap in my other resistances (plus, I'll have finished PvP in 2 days, so you won't be randomly encountering me after that).
Looks like you're an inquisitor. I would just get your crit as high as possible and include assassin's mark in the mix. You want that shit to crit so it'll ignore all res. Imo pen gems with inq is overkill
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Apr 23, 2016, 7:53:47 AM
If you play an Inquisitor, you can just ignore resists altogether. Focus on getting crit and crit multi instead.
If you are inquisitor you have to drop light pen because it has no effect on crits.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Ya just replace with Inc crit strikes
"
Márkusz wrote:
If you are inquisitor you have to drop light pen because it has no effect on crits.

actually, if you have conductivity + ele weakness combo, since you reduce your opponents resistances to 0 or below 0, light pen is like simply 38%+ more damage modifier. we all know this mechanic already, but some newcomers might be confused about it. so if its intended and he has enough crit chance, light pen is not a bad option here. then the questions is that: why would you choose inquisitor if you rely conductivity + ele weak + light pen
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
Rupenus wrote:
"
Márkusz wrote:

actually, if you have conductivity + ele weakness combo, since you reduce your opponents resistances to 0 or below 0, light pen is like simply 38%+ more damage modifier. we all know this mechanic already, but some newcomers might be confused about it. so if its intended and he has enough crit chance, light pen is not a bad option here. then the questions is that: why would you choose inquisitor if you rely conductivity + ele weak + light pen

Oh I forgot to mention that those curses have no effect at all either. He should be swapping the curses to ass mark + something.

And on a non-inquisitor build light pen only means 38% more damage with 38% pen if the opponent has 0% resist. If the curses lower it below 0%, it becomes less significant.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
"
IceDeal wrote:
If you play an Inquisitor, you can just ignore resists altogether. Focus on getting crit and crit multi instead.

I'm running RT. :-|

Should I not be?
You definitely want crit chance super high with inq. Start changing now :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info