[2.2] DB's Fake Fakener build (EXTREME budget build)

WHAT'S UP, fellow forum plebs. Ziggy Deebs here with a brand new build: The Fake Fakener. That's right, Mathil is old news. (JK, ILU bae.)

Ever wanted to do a Cyclone+CoC+Discharge build but never had the currency or courage? This build is for you. It'll cost you all of about 5 Chaos or so.

The build enablers:
Spoiler

You don't actually NEED Voll's, you could get a Power Charge on Critical support gem in your links if you want to use a different chest.

Pros:
Spoiler

-Impress your friends
-Easy
-Totally HC viable
-Insane pack clear

Cons:
Spoiler

-Eye cancer from Discharging every second
-Poor single target DPS

Leveling:
Spoiler

I used good old Blade Vortex and Hatred with Bitterdream, a mace that gives a ton of Ice support skills. Very fast!

Bandits:
Spoiler

Oak (Normal)
Kraityn (Cruel) < Might not be needed, attack speed isn't really an issue
Skill Point (Merciless)

115 pts skill build:

Trickster for FREE (that's right, FREE!) Cyclone so you don't need Blood Magic. Lots of spell / elemental damage and a good bit of HP and some ES.

The build is still in its infancy and subject to change a lot. I was just so excited I wanted to share it with you all as soon as I knew it worked.

Auras is HoT and Wrath at the moment but also subject to change. I might run HoT with Curse on Hit and Warlord's Mark and get The Blood Dance to generate even more charges.

Video of the Fake Fakener in action:

There is most definitely a LOT of room for improvement as I'm a (relatively) new player, so post away!
Last edited by DB42 on Apr 12, 2016, 4:22:46 PM
Last bumped on May 28, 2016, 7:50:34 AM
Interesting, following the topic.
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
For those of you with some currency out there you can roll Marauder Chieftain and use a 5Link Daresso's Defiance and a Power Charge on Critical gem in your links. Marauder can get about 200% increased fire damage very easily and Chieftain leeches 1% of fire damage as life. So you'd go Cyclone+CoC+PoCoC+Discharge+BloodMagic.

Trypanon is one hell of a unique!

I guess you wouldn't even need Power Charge on Critical, LOL. Meaning you can actually do it with a 4Link on a Marauder Chieftain.

I finally hit a snag, boys. Single target DPS is nearly non-existent so killing bosses in Merciless takes forever. I may have invested a bit much into life as I was leveling though. No way around this yet other than asking a friend for a boss kill.
Last edited by DB42 on Apr 12, 2016, 1:49:39 AM
Made it to maps! The Fake Fakener spins on!

Pro editing and DJing by yours truly. All the songs follow a certain theme I wonder if you can guess what it is?!

As you can see single target DPS is still suffering but it's quickly getting better as I've finally started skilling into my damage nodes.

The bang for buck in terms of sheer, primal joy of the build is off the charts!

Progression has slowed down a bit because I've been messing with alternate versions like the Daresso's Defiance Chieftain version and a TOP SECRET Chaos Witch version.

Hope you enjoy!
Last edited by DB42 on Apr 12, 2016, 3:04:23 PM
Died to Vagan. Putting the Fake Fakener on ice for now to focus on my new Trypster (short for Trypanon Trickster.) It's using Cyclone+CoC+Ice Nova+Shock Nova and on average it seems to deal a lot more damage. I think to really make a great Fake Fakener you need a high spell crit chance and multi (which is very doable.)

I'll probably be posting a new build for the Trypster in a few days. Until then, stay safe!
What about to put Blade Vortex on your coc setup?
That help a lot on keeping charges up, since u play with voll's, and with your 100%crit u are alwais max power that means damage...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info