[2.2] Iron Commander Deadeye 4 Totems 7 Frenzy Charges 3 Power Charges 75k peak per Ballista!

About question ingame or forum private messages: PLEASE READ FIRST!!!

Spoiler
If you have any questions, PLEASE ask here in the forum bellow the thread! :)

I've gotten ALOT PM's lately ingame + forums!

I only have limited time to play the game!

This isn't meant to be rude!

Another reason for this is that other people can also see your questions and check the answeres should they have similar questions! :)

I usually check this thread when going on- and offline or when taking breaks from playing! :P

««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

Welcome to my Deadeye Iron Commander Build Showcase!

««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

Videos:

Tier 10 Chateau with Ele.Weakness and lightning res!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6e8s7s4XQ8

Atziri and more fallowing soon! :)

Damage standing in HO with Hatred, HoA and Golem!

Spoiler

Peak damage with currently 4 Frenzy Charges (will be 7!), 3 Power Charges, Vaal Haste & Flasks up!

Spoiler

Full screenshot:

Defensive Stats!

Spoiler

My gem setups:

Weapon:
Spoiler
Frenzy > Greater Multiple Projectiles > Power Charge on Critical > Mana Leech > Blood Magic // Ice Golem

Helmed:
Spoiler
Cast When Damage Taken Lv.1 > Enfeeble Lv.5 > Vaal Haste > Increased Duration

Body Armour:
Spoiler
Siege Ballista > Physical Projectile Attack Damage > Physical to Lightning > Weapon Elemental Damage > Faster Attacks > Pierce

Gloves:
Spoiler
Hatred > Herald of Ash > Enlighten > Assassines Mark

Boots:
Spoiler
Blink Arrow > Faster Attacks > Bood Magic > Rallying Cry

Offhand Sword:
Spoiler
Blood Magic > Whirling Blades > Faster Attacks

Offhand Shield:
Spoiler
Portal > Faster Casting > Enhance (planned!)

My current gear + Jewels:

Spoiler

Leveling progression:

24 points:

44 points:

65 points:

87 points:

106 points (current tree):

Planned Skilltree:

Skilltree for Hardcore players (less dmg. more life% and STR. aka flat. life:

Bandits:

Spoiler
Oak - Kill - Kraityn

Ascendency perks:

Spoiler

If you have any question please ask bellow!

Cheers, Zahkriisos!

Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
Last edited by Zahkriisos1337 on Apr 11, 2016, 1:34:02 PM
Last bumped on Jun 1, 2016, 4:07:23 PM
Congrats on your guide! Will help a lot of people, well done! Still have to work on my dps, but I'm at the point where I can put in skill points into dmg nodes only for next 10 levels... will be a huge dps gain. :)

Ballistas rock!
"
Akisha wrote:
Congrats on your guide! Will help a lot of people, well done! Still have to work on my dps, but I'm at the point where I can put in skill points into dmg nodes only for next 10 levels... will be a huge dps gain. :)

Ballistas rock!

Thanks for the kind words!

Yeah, hopefully this will help alot of people build around Iron Commander which is atm extremly underrated... :)

I mean 60k peak per totem is no joke and I also still lack 3 frenzy charges which will boost the dmg. even further!

Cant wait to see the dmg. when everything done! :P

Pew pew pew! :D
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

Hey!
Awesome to see that you turned it into a full guide!

One question:
Since you don't go for totem passives at all, what are your experiences with dying ballistae compared to builds that do go for those nodes?

I believe that the DPS increase of your build is more than worth it to completely disregard the totem nodes, but I'm still curious.

Currently I'm running a Ranger with Totemic Zeal and Totemic Mastery instead of going for the duelist start area and sometimes even I have issues with ballistae dying too quickly. But maybe I'm just placing them too offensively.
"
Fatzke wrote:
Hey!
Awesome to see that you turned it into a full guide!

One question:
Since you don't go for totem passives at all, what are your experiences with dying ballistae compared to builds that do go for those nodes?

I believe that the DPS increase of your build is more than worth it to completely disregard the totem nodes, but I'm still curious.

Currently I'm running a Ranger with Totemic Zeal and Totemic Mastery instead of going for the duelist start area and sometimes even I have issues with ballistae dying too quickly. But maybe I'm just placing them too offensively.

I really dont had any issues with ballistas dying too fast yet also I think traveling up to totemic zeal just isnt worth it.

Also I place them semi offensive if this makes any sense to you.
Like I put them next to a pack where they can still target and savely kill it.
Same goes for bosses.

You even picked totem mastery? Now thats really far away and not worth it at all cuz you could just get more proj. dmg at ranger start or other bow notes between ranger/shadow or ranger/duelist that are alot closer aka more point efficient.

Also thanks! :)
I thought I make my own guide since I had alot requests + the guy owning the other one seamed kinda unresponsive tbh... no disrespect tho!

Last edited by Zahkriisos1337 on Apr 10, 2016, 1:00:08 PM
Updated dmg. screenshots, updated current skilltree, updated current gear und jewels, updated gem setups!

Last edited by Zahkriisos1337 on Apr 11, 2016, 1:36:13 PM
just my two cents from playing this build and working with iron warfare on this phys build. it would be worth getting the totem placement enchant on this. i respecced to this from going the totemic zeal and mastery and the placement speed is sorely missed. other than that i think this is a better build damage and hp wise
I'm almost 89, running the poison variant and clearing maps with ease. It's a little more HC friendly running Arctic Armor over HoA and I get a lot of life nodes. Sitting at 5.5k life and 10k evasion atm.

Here's my current gear.

Spoiler

My tooltip is only 12k though, I guess elemental DPS tooltips are higher since mine doesn't account for my stacking poison damage :P I also currently only have 4 frenzy charges. Haven't picked up any tree ons yet. My neck two points will be getting a resist/evasion cluster for helping ele weakness cap my current resists.

My only complaint with the build so far is that it seems really costly to get enough resists on gear, while maintaining dex, to get overcapped for ele weakness maps. I can run any other map mod though (I don't do -max, of course..) And only boss I haven't done is jungle valley ones, kind of worried to get trapped and stun-locked. I nearly ripped to tunneltrap as well. Far shot is not your friend :X

Edit: my current goal is to grab a +1 arrow Drillneck so I can drop my Rain of Splinters gem and still maintain 3 projectiles. This will be a good dps boost since I can replace my current jewel that reduces my damage, with a damage jewel.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Last edited by Edzilla on Apr 13, 2016, 9:43:15 AM

I tried this build over the past couple of days.

Whilst it works ok, capping resistances and obtaining enough dex is a bit difficult.

I ran three ballista's which did a pretty good job of killing monsters, but left the player a bit exposed at the same time unless placed very carefully.

Overall, it's a great idea, but a little harder to execute, imo.

Nevertheless, with the right set up and tons of dex/resi's, it would be quite an efficient killing machine for the right player.

Thanks for posting it up.

R.

Just hit 90 and retiring my Deadeye for now except for the occasional map and my dailies. Going to level an alt. But my gear is pretty much complete! All I really want/need is better jewelry to cap resists for ele weakness maps. I'm pretty close to it though, only about 5-10 off on a couple.

12k dps in my h/o, 20k+ with all my buffs.

Gear

@90
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAABeAO4B0QMeBS0FtQagCC4NjREvE9oVIBVDFr8Zjh9BIXYi4iP2JP0mlSoLKk0rCizpMHw1kjY9OuE_J0MxR35H4kp9SshM_02STeNOKlFHU7tVS1uvXfJh4mJaYqxkhGVNZdNsjG5pbqpwUnFDdO11y3rve8N9dX8rhrOGzod2idOKr4w2jX2Nfo2_kBGdqqEiokCjiqQ5plen1K_rsQG0xbVItfK74702vqe_1cEzwuzEos2Yz17TftQj1fjWiti92sHdDd-Y45_nVOpi62Ptg-4O73ryRfT4-b38xf4K_o_-uv7I_94=?accountName=Edzilla&characterName=Ballistazilla

I use the hybrid flask for no regen maps. This build can do any map mod and really any boss.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info