[2.2 Occultist] Xirgil's Crank - Much Better than Aegis

Hey, I was looking at new build-enabling uniques. I saw Iron Commander and loved it but then I saw this, Xirgil's crank, which blew me away.

So the build idea is this. Cap block to have a 15% chance per hit of triggering ES recharge. This recharge isn't interrupted by damage thanks to the occultist. Recharge rate can be boosted to around 50% of ES per second using the skill tree. With CI and around 12k ES estimated, this makes us super tanky.

So for offense, I like arc a lot so this was my choice. I looked at a crit version but it seemed difficult to pull off. I intended to use the call of the brotherhood and HoI to proc 4 different curses but this perhaps puts too much strain on the tree. Remains to be tested.

I decided on non-crit.

Arc - Spell Echo - Empower - Faster Casting - Added Lightning - Lightning Pen will probably be the links. Get empower, arc and added lightning as high as possible due to the staffs +1 gem. Innervate is also a possibility.

Perfect Gear

Helmet: High ES piece, res, +2 chain enchant
Chest: High ES rare
Staff: Xirgil's Crank of course
Gloves: Corrupted rares with curse with elemental weakness on hit
Amulet: Anvil corrupted with +4% block
Jewels: 5 reckless defense jewels and 1 energy from within

Rest are good rares.

Tree

www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAR8rfirv8fPDpAhV-kQdLrsb3GyWSdNlbbRki9BFQbAs1uZMnpysdT3_G74gvnb6KwcUwW_k3FvPK06Ev7BiIQlharJfXzyY8tAwsvx3Zgh5SKZWHSbHquhXXQ1T06RSwVeAdgw18NAqGrvRxNolMLVfJN2ZWY2e9EQ8o-jeDLKZ-rzsNrJi4k6brkNa1hY0Z7-v31xzc71DgEoRIm6GPGsG02V9ca-L3GGqPRi193YzDbQFvOVKnCB0UUfuLelgH2CT60s0WVkhmnh8YtzFyD4x2lG9Z83GFnjxmVO1EVynzESlPSi5G17FCV5TVi9Wmp6XtPJo7gps=

Keen to hear feedback.
Last edited by Assassin2000 on Apr 8, 2016, 9:48:43 AM
Last bumped on May 11, 2016, 2:08:47 PM
hi, I am doing this in PSC. Suprise to see another build so similar to mine. I am 3/4 to finish that.
Here is what I go:
1. I take BV as the main skill. As to maximize the chance to start recharge, I think a close range spell maybe suitable.
2. Need avoid to be stun. I got it 35% from helm and 65 from boot ench.
3. Jewel slot just not enough if u like to have max78/78 block as I am planing. 75 on tree and gears and u need extra 2 on Mastering the glove and 1 on Jewel.
4. Therefore I got 8k+ ES only. Partly 'cause she is on League, better ES can be found on SSC though.
5. I don't go Vile Bastion but take Malediction for tri-curse and extra chaos damage. The recharge already very enough.
6. Can OP post you damage? Taking so many ES node just make my sheet damage look real bad. I do the math that I will have like 10k on full power charge only. Of cause there will be curse to help but, yeah, still looking bad.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA37BHyoIQu_x88AelFX6RBwLjQnpJsnpwLJwFQhEtQZZ8g66z0PXr7kyzpwgc3C0fIG7QH52uj0a4k48aHU9QMO_rGmwTcZuhKPo1udte5CL3wV6lGGr311fJgsenKylP1aZYrngvhEgNfDeDHb756J48fOVca-q6puszh2h0jHZYB8NttAwspgPu2mK3McrTRnGQ1hhWZp6-ioMJcg-TJ6EvsZCUb1nzf8YtqGZU7UTBxb6ASi7sGIhCWFrViyy_j_od2VIpp6UV1-v10NBDVFXghq5knV9q9HFWY_IdEVBtGdlbGyU=
Last edited by Sigma14641 on Apr 12, 2016, 10:14:45 AM
Hey, thanks for the reply.

At the moment this is a theorycraft for me, but something I definitely want to play within the week (just need the currency for the 6l xirgils). Will post stats when I'm done :D

1. BV is fine I'm sure but never used it. This build can literally use any spell though. My 2nd choice was essence drain.
2. Yes, of course stun avoidance is necessary. First choice of course is skyforths, but until then I plan to do some as you, except maybe with practical application node.
3. Yes, I'd love to get 78 capped too, but for me it just isnt worth it. I'm aware of the glove enchant but finding that last jewel slot is not easy (unyielding).
4. Yeah I'd take malediction too. On my newest build version I go crit arc with call of the brotherhood, 3 curses on herald of ice and 1 on elemental weakness on hit (glove corruption).

Just need to get some more currency now to make this work. I really think it should be incredibly good.
This staff is just purely amazing, just tested it in the 2weeks sc perandus.

Crit Version:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAVCEQ8RLxFQE3EVfhXXFe0WvxcvGkgbJR0UHU8fxyL0J6kpTyoLKwosvy2LNbk7DTwFPV9BlkmxS65Ms1AwUEJSU1M1VL1V1lZjV5RYrlxAXGtd8l6lXypfamSdZOdmnmwLbRlwUnRVdf1-WX_GgKSESIRvhq6J04w2jHaOZI9Gj_qTJ5aLl5WX9Jo7m6GePJ_foS-nK6yYrrO1SLb6tzG7_L6KwGbBxcNt0B_Q0ND11ELVptW518_ZW9te34rpAutj6_XsGO0873zviO_r8h30KPem99f5N_rS?accountName=ne5y4km&characterName=BITCHING_RAINBOWS

Also I include a Video which shows how strong this can be...

http://plays.tv/video/5733616e47d161d711/xirgils-op

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info