[2.2] Flameblast Ignite Elementalist - lvl 100 Perandus SC

Hello, I've had multiple people ask me about my Flameblast build that I used to get lvl 100 with in Perandus, so here is a guide for it. It's my first time making a build guide, so please bear with me.

If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to post here or PM me ingame @RentakiEleFB

Bandits

Normal: Help Oak.
Cruel: Help Alira.
Merciless: Kill all.

Gear

The gear is fairly budget friendly, but you can scale the ES portion very high when you get more currency. At the start of a league use Purity of Fire + Rise of the Pheonix in order to not kill yourself to reflect, and use a Cloak of Flame for physical mitigation. As you get better ES gear, spec into ES nodes on the tree and you can drop Purity of Fire for Herald of Thunder and Rise of the Pheonix for a high ES + Life Spirit Shield.
Elreon rings + amulet is used to keep mana cost on Flameblast low.
Leech enchantment on boots helps sustain mana in less regen maps.

On rares you're looking for life, %ES, flat ES and resistances.

Obtaining a 6link Vaal Regalia is a fairly cheap solution. "The Ethereal" card set gives you a 6Link white ilvl 80 Vaal Regalia, which you can turn into a 500ES + Life chest piece fairly easily.

On my Elementalist, I'm currently sitting at 5,8k life and 11k ES.

Jewels: Fire Damage, Area Damage, Damage, Cast Speed, Life and ES.

This is the gear I used:

Gems

1: Cwdt + Immortal Call + Increased Duration.
2: Lightning Warp + Faster Casting + Less Duration + Rapid Decay.
3: Discipline + Herald of Thunder + Arctic Armor + Summon Flame Golem
4: Orb of Storms + Increased Critical Strikes + Curse on Hit + Flammability
5: Vaal Discipline + Vaal Discipline + Increased Duration
6: Flameblast + Faster Casting + Chance to ignite + Fire Penetration + Controlled Destruction + Increased Area of Effect.

Chance to ignite? - Can be swapped for Conc Effect or Empower, but I prefer reliable ignites on bosses and though rares, and I mostly play in parties, where uptime on Shaper of Desolation isn't guaranteed.

Reflect: Pop Vaal Discipline and cast back to back 10 stack Flameblasts.
During my entire play I've only died to reflect twice. Once in Cruel while leveling, and once to 2 reflect mobs spawning in a -max map during an Elreon mission.

Use Orb of Storms to curse Flammability + Proc Elemental Overload (and to make benefit of EE map mod)

Swap Increased AoE with Conc. Effect on bosses and watch them burn to death in about 2~ seconds.

Flameblast Tooltip

Increased AoE + No Elemental Overload

Increased AoE + Elemental Overload

Conc. Effect + Elemental Overload

Main portion of the damage is from the ignite, though.

Hardcore Viability

At lvl 100 I have 13 deaths on my character. Considering the pleasant lag-free launch, labyrinth and stupid mistakes, I think it would be viable in a hardcore league.
I would swap Herald of Thunder for Purity of fire, pick up Ghost Reaver to sustain ES more reliably, and swap my Onslaught Flask for a Ruby flask.

Map mods and Videos

The build can run any map mod. However, Elemental reflect and Immune to Status ailments aren't recommended, especially in T12+ maps. If you -need- to run one of these, do the following:
Immune to Status Ailments: Swap out Chance to Ignite for Elemental Focus.
Elemental Reflect: Take out Increased AoE, Controlled Destruction and Fire Penetration, and add Increased burning damage + Rapid decay. You will also need a Ruby Flask, Purity of Fire and Rise of the Phoenix for +max fire resistance, and lastly you will have to recolor your chest to fit Rapid Decay. (Gear + gem swaps are shown in video)
If you are brave you can just run the normal gem setup and play carefully.

I can't figure out how to properly set up sound recording in OBS, so all the videos are without sound.

Easy Chateau Map:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4I2Fp2S2yE

T11 Elemental Reflect Academy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D29tux4tktQ

T14 Palace map (ele weak, 30% monster damage, -15 max res, onslaught, beyond)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SMWop2sakU
Last edited by kaninkonge on Apr 8, 2016, 7:41:56 AM
Last bumped on Feb 9, 2017, 12:10:47 PM
Nice build! i got questions, i'm level 42 can you suggest what gear should i use for leveling?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/jinhaoxuan/characters here is my character and gear
ign:MoeMoeBlast
"
Nice build! i got questions, i'm level 42 can you suggest what gear should i use for leveling?

Seems like you've pretty much got it down, but I would use Flameblast, Faster Casting, Chance to ignite and Fire Pen in my 4 link setup.

I would also consider waiting with picking up ES nodes until you can equip your character with good ES gear.
"
kaninkonge wrote:
Seems like you've pretty much got it down, but I would use Flameblast, Faster Casting, Chance to ignite and Fire Pen in my 4 link setup.

I would also consider waiting with picking up ES nodes until you can equip your character with good ES gear.

i updated my gear, umm should i just use cloak of flame with 4links or tabula rasa? i felt too squishy but i dont really think it's a big problem because i just one-shot one packs of mobs and just two or three-shot bosses. For es node i will respec when i got books of regrets xD thanks for the quick answer btw you're awesome
"
i updated my gear, umm should i just use cloak of flame with 4links or tabula rasa? i felt too squishy but i dont really think it's a big problem because i just one-shot one packs of mobs and just two or three-shot bosses.

I would use Cloak of Flame until I could replace the lvling uniques with 50~ life rares, then I would swap to Tabula if mana is fine. Also you're very welcome!
Last edited by kaninkonge on Apr 3, 2016, 9:12:12 AM
Can confirm it does crazy damage; I had to endure sitting there following him for hours on end while I didn't get to do anything, because everything was dead. He also solo'd bosses because.
Thanks for sharing. What's your thoughts on Infernal Mantle? I have a 5l so that's what I'm using at the moment until I can buy a linked high ES chest.
The Lab, making a great game good since 2016.
"
Thanks for sharing. What's your thoughts on Infernal Mantle? I have a 5l so that's what I'm using at the moment until I can buy a linked high ES chest.

I personally prefer a high ES+Life Vaal Regalia for survivability reasons. Infernal mantle "should" work just fine though, the +1 to gem level is pretty nice. The conversion to chaos will hurt your ignite on bosses, but it won't have any effect while Conflux is up.
Last edited by kaninkonge on Apr 6, 2016, 12:53:36 PM
"
kaninkonge wrote:
"

I personally prefer a high ES+Life Vaal Regalia for survivability reasons. Infernal mantle "should" work just fine though, the +1 to gem level is pretty nice. The conversion to chaos will hurt your ignite on bosses, but it won't have any effect while Conflux is up.

Thanks for the feedback. I figured I was gimping myself a bit using it. Still saving for that perfect chest piece. :)
The Lab, making a great game good since 2016.
I only have a 5l chest setup, what do you recommend me?
btw, your build is cool :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info