[2.2] Shock Nova/Storm Call crit Inquisitor - 90k SN dps, atziri/arid lake videos

Hi, I've been running this build since the start of Perandus league and it's been very enjoyable for me, so I thought I'd share it!
The build utilizes the reworked increased critical strikes for reaching almost crit cap with near to no investment, therefore always applying status ailments and doing a lot of damage.
Pros & Cons----------------------------
+Great clearspeed
+Freezes nearly everything except bosses with call of the brotherhood
+Budget viable
+Atziri viable
==============
-Near melee range = possible burst deaths
-Probably not hc viable
-Can't do maps with ele reflect, struggles really hard at no regen, blood magic and curse immune maps
-Can only do med tier maps with Call of the Brotherhood ring(20c on PSC)
-Needs some dex scaling on equipment
Current stats--------------------------
Defensive in hideout

Offensive uncharged in hideout shock nova

Offensive uncharged in hideout storm call

Offensive charged shock nova

Offensive charged storm call

Gearing--------------------------------
Helmet
There isn't a unique helm that would benefit us rather well, so try to get a rare with as much life and resists as possible. Also try to get one armor and one hybrid armor/ES base on helm & boots to make colors easy. Pure ES would do as well, but no evasion.

Gloves
As for gloves there are three unique options that beat even good rares: Shadows and dust, Maligaro's Virtuosity and Facebreaker. IMO facebreaker is the best option here, the 90% crit multi is HUGE. However the rest can do pretty well too, if you have one of them.

Boots
For boots we again want as much life and resists as possible. What makes it easy to pick a pair - we don't need any movespeed on boots as we'll mostly be using whirling blades for movement. And no ms boots are pretty cheap, for example i got
for just about 5 chaos. Also try to get one armor and one hybrid armor/ES base on helm & boots to make colors easy. Pure ES would do as well, but no evasion.

Chestpiece
Carcass jack is BiS for this build, however can be tough to color and not really that budget. Until you get one i suggest using either armor/es or pure es base 5linked, which is really cheap to get on poe.trade. Again, roll life & res. A 6l would boost the build greatly, but if you're unlucky as hell and/or don't wanna spend too much currency - 5link is truly enough to do medtier maps.

Weapon
As we pick the Inquisitor's "Instruments of Virtue", the easiest way to proc cast speed part is using whirling blades - which bonds us to using daggers. Dual wield. So, speaking out of budget i suggest you get a couple of Divinaruises, but two high spell crit/spell damage/attack speed daggers could work as well. For example, i was using level 46 dagger until i switched to divinarius.

Jewelry
Try to get an amulet with high life, crit multiplier and dexterity. Then use ring slot to compensate the resists and get some life, cast speed/light damage/cold damage would be perfect, but those are really expensive. One ring slot should be occupied by Call of the Brotherhood ring because it grants us one of our most relevant defensive mechanics - permafreezing trash around you. This item is near mandatory for the build, however some lower tier maps and/or dried lake can be done without it.

Belt
High life, res belt.

Flasks
Just grab 3 good life flasks and 2 utility, life flasks must be either seething or bubbling, and there must be at least 1 flask of staunching and 1 of heat. You can also replace one of utility with Vessel of Vinktar, but then the remaining utility must be 'of grounding'.

Jewels
On jewels look for life, damage and crit multi. chance is worthless imo.

Current gear---------------------------
Spoiler

Gem setups-----------------------------
Shock nova:
=>SN-echo-increased crit strikes-conc effect-empower(iron will on budget)(5l)-faster casting(6l)

But beware that your aoe might not be enough with conc effect, unless you have dual divinarius + carcass. Then swap it for increased aoe or dps gem.

Storm call:
=>keep stormcall somewhere in offhand while levelling it, in a 6l swap fc for added lightning and iron will for less duration(empower is stronger than LD)

Immortal Call setup: (armor base)
=>IC-cast when stunned-increased duration-enduring cry
there isn't a good support for the call, so i socketed in eduring cry and sometimes use it on bosses

Power Charge generation: (gloves)
=>blade vortex-echo-pcoc-culling strike
At first i wanted to use icc, but this setup is honestly enough. You just cast few blade vortexes before whirling into pack, and by the time you start casting you have full power charges.

Auras & golem: (armor/es base)
=>warlord's mark-blasphemy; wrath and flame golem can be either linked or unlinked, it doesn't matter.

Vaal storm call: (dagger)
=>VSC-echo-icc

Whirling Blades: (dagger)
=>WB-faster attacks-fortify
Skill tree & Ascendancy----------------
Ascendancy
In your Ascendancy, go for instruments of virtue last.
Levelling trees:
22 points, just grabbing good stuff nearby

42 points, time to head to vaal pact/more AOE

59 points, getting near vaal pact, so when you feel like yuo need it - grab it.

80 points, getting spell crit

94 points, getting more life - you might want it earlier, then just drop some damage nodes until now

Current level 90 tree, grabbing even more life and heading to righteous decree for some mana sustain help.
Bandits--------------------------------
Oak - Alira - Alira
Videos---------------------------------
Atziri kill
I died 2 times due to my inexperience with her(only killed her before as ll build with 7k es and 82% all res), but i believe she is completely doable deathless =)
Regular Arid Lake run

Updates--------------------------------
05.04.2016 - Added levelling trees and updated some info, as the build got quite a bit stronger

Write your questions/suggestion in the comments, I'll be glad to answer!
Last edited by Jeaciaz on Apr 5, 2016, 7:09:40 AM
Last bumped on Apr 5, 2016, 7:08:43 AM
Updated - added levelling trees and updated stats.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info