No damage golems!

I'm currently making a Cameria's Maul build with shattered chains and Gifts from above. So the thing is i don't want my golem killing things because of the way the build works. Still I want the benefits of extra accuracy and crit chance. Ideas anyone? I would be eternally greatful if you can think of something i haven't.
Last bumped on Mar 28, 2016, 6:10:57 AM
the golem damage falls off a lot in endgame. I don't think you have to worry about them killing anything. They are more like walking buffs later on, some people put them in their CWDT setup because they die so fast.
If you really want to make sure they don't kill stuff, use
A few pretty straight forward ideas:

1) Keep your golem at a low-ish level. This should lower it's damage output and thus make sure it doesn't score as many kills as a leveled version. As a con, you'll be recasting the golem frequently since it will also die a lot.

2) Link your Ice golem gem with support gems that have %less damage modifiers. Melee splash should work for the melee attacks. LMP and GMP will lower the damage of ice golem's projectiles. Not sure if the %less modifiers will also apply to the melee attack. Probably not. Finally, Void manipulation has %reduced elemental damage. It's not much but a little something.

3) Skip 1 & 2 and link your golem to an Item rarity gem. It will still kill, but at least there is more synergy with your build in general. (Based on the uniques listed I assume you're running some kind of MF).
I wouldn't worry too much about it, if you don't take any minion damage bonuses and link any damage supports to them they will kill jackrabbit shit in endgame. What exactly are you planning to use?
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Effreti wrote:
If you really want to make sure they don't kill stuff, use

That only affects you, not your golems.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Lots of good ideas here. Linking to rarity is a good option I think. Thx for all the tips.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info