Poor Grandpa's Cheap Inquisitor Mjolner Build - RF Sustainable - Double Curse - Life Based

Hello everybody and welcome to my very first guide !
But before we start, I'd like to thank Arachnéa, who's the creator of the original build :
Link :
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1579792

This guide will introduce you to my version of his build.

Introduction :
This build is a work in progress in the current Standard Perandus League, but stay tuned for more informations and/or edits of the build.

The main difference from other Mjolner builds (or at least from Arachnéa's build) is that I will NOT use Resolute Technique.

But why ? Are you retarded ? Go home you're drunk !

The reason why is that we'll be using the new Elemental Overload Keystone (will be abridged as EO for the rest of the guide) which requires a critical strike to activate.

Crit Mjolner build ? Ewww !

But as you'll see in the skill tree as well as in my gear, I have 0 crit investment, and we'll still have a 100% percent uptime on our EO, which means we permanently have 40% MORE Elemental Damage plus the Righteous Fire MORE ELemental Damage bonus.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pros and Cons :
Spoiler
Pros :
-Really versatile
-Insane elemental damages thanks to EO and RF
-Can use Blood Rage for additionnal charges
-No Voll's Devotion required
-Double Blasphemy curse (and even Triple Blasphemy Curse viable, cf gear)
-Overall relatively cheap
-High leech, sustain, and massive elemental resistances

Cons :
-Really weak against reflect maps
-Relies on leech, curses and mitigation for tanking
-Cheap as a Mjolner build, but still a Mjolner build :/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gear :
Spoiler

Current gear (no RF) :
Spoiler

RF Sustainable gear :
Spoiler
Just swap your Saffell's Frame for a Rise of the Phoenix

Triple Curse gear :
Spoiler
Just swap your Romira's Banquet for a Doedre's Damning

Flasks :
Spoiler

Armour and Mitigation, with a ruby flask to help sustaining RF.
Plan to get a Vessel of Vinktar for Lightning Leech and a Taste of Hate for additionnal mitigation.
EDIT : got my Vessel of Vinktar !

Skills
Spoiler
3-Link BBR Mjolner :
Arc + Discharge + Life Leech (+ Iron Will from Repentance)
High single target damage with Discharge and good clear speed with Arc. Life Leech link for more survavibility in packs and against bosses, can be swapped for lightning penetration if you need damages.

5-Link RRRGG Belly of the Beast (in order of priority) :
Molten Strike + Multistrike + Faster Attacks + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Fortify (optionnal 6-Link Lightning Strike)
Our triggering attack, Molten Strike, coupled with GMP, FA and Multistrike to maximise hit frequency, 5-Link is completely optionnal but adds permanent mitigation.

4-Link RRRR Classic Cast When Damage Taken setup :
CWDT + Immortal Call + Stone Golem + Molten Shell
Basic setup that adds tons of survavibilty and prevents you from having to summon your golem all the time. All gems in this setup are as levelled as possible to increase Immortal Call's duration.
Stone Golem is there to give you extra regen for you RF sustain.

3-Link RGB Saffell's Frame :
Righteous Fire + Blood Rage + Increased Duration
RF and Blood Rage will be your primary buffs as they respectively add tons of spell damages, charges, attack speed and more damage. Inc Duration on Blood Rage is quality of life.

4-Link RRGG boots :

Leap Slam + Fortify + Faster Attacks + Arctic Armour
Never forget your movement skill ! In this setup, Leap Slam coupled with Fortify will prevent you from taking too much damages, I recommand entering packs using this skill so you have time to stack your Molten Strike's projectiles and then leech with Discharge trigger. Arctic Armour is essential when playing without RF as it adds even more mitigation.

Levelling :
Spoiler
For levelling I just recommend using Spark and Flame Totem in a Tabula Rasa.
Or Dual-wield Lifesprigs/Reverberation Rods for cheap Spark links.
Use offensive auras such as Herald of Thunder and Wrath to level up quickly.

Trees :
Spoiler

Levelling trees :
-31 points : Templar area

-53 points : Witch area + Elemental Overload + Life + Aura nodes

-72 points : Scion area + Marauder area + Life

-91 points : Marauder area + Duelist area + Life

Mjolner trees (when you have enough requirements to equip it) :
-91 points : Respec Light of Divinity, Retribution, Righteous Decree and grab Elemental Equilibrium + Whispers of Doom. Start using Blasphemy curses.

-113 points : Charges and more Life

Deal with the Bandits :
Spoiler
Normal : Help Oak for +40 max HP
Cruel : Kill all for +1 passive point
Merciless : Kill all for +1 passive point

Last edited by Zoidbrain on Mar 29, 2016, 1:55:39 PM
Last bumped on Apr 10, 2016, 7:38:14 AM
Ascendancy class choice?
Hey ! Thanks for sharing my build in yours !

Nice idea to use Elemental Overload to max the DPS. One thing is important to notice though. Yoou'll have to invest in accuracy a bit because without RT you'll have like 70% chance to hit. Meaning it'll result in only 10% more dmg without any investment. With 200 accuracy on gear and the accuracy node you took it brings the %chance to hit at 80% which is better but feels kinda low.

"
Arachnéa wrote:
Hey ! Thanks for sharing my build in yours !

Nice idea to use Elemental Overload to max the DPS. One thing is important to notice though. Yoou'll have to invest in accuracy a bit because without RT you'll have like 70% chance to hit. Meaning it'll result in only 10% more dmg without any investment. With 200 accuracy on gear and the accuracy node you took it brings the %chance to hit at 80% which is better but feels kinda low.

Hey thanks for the comment :D And about the accuracy, I'm using Romira's Banquet which gives me a bit more than 300 accuracy and with the accuracy nodes of the marauder, I get enough accuracy to sit around 85% :D
"
Ztink wrote:
Ascendancy class choice?

Oh sorry it's true that I didn't mention it !

Just go for the good ol' Inquisitor, using Augury of Penitence first for free elemental damages and resistances, then go for Instruments of Virtue which greatly synergizes with mjolner due to the conjonction of attacks and spells used by the build.
And finally go for Sanctify, it's really strong as a bonus for sustaing Righteous Fire and you'll really feel tankier when Leap Slamming in a pack and regenerating by killing the first units in it :D
Why get so many end charges? discharge use them right away so i rarely stock more then 1-2.
"
Ztink wrote:
Why get so many end charges? discharge use them right away so i rarely stock more then 1-2.

You're right but I changed my tree since I released my guide ! :D I'll update it this afternoon !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info