Ascendancy 2.2 Lightning Strike Revisted

Hello All,

Took a break from the game and decided to try my old LS build in Ascendancy.

This is not a build write up per se, as the build is still being run in Cruel and has not progressed to end game.

The reason I am posting is thar this build is really fun and dominates the mid-game. I would not have died in Normal if the wife and dogs weren't so intent on interrupting me.

Anyway the build is entirely self found at this point and as I said before it is a blast to play.

Premise of build

LS used mostly as ranged attack because it is safer and faster to strike from range. However when I chose or was forced to melee I threw out a flame totem to apply blind.

Gems and weapon for attack

Weapon is the highest Dps you can find or buy. I did not take any specific weapon
skills other than one handed as I prefer to have shield for block. Block is important for spell block later in the game. Dodge skills not taken as they nerf block.

Ultimately I would like to buy a Bino's and take dagger skills but whether or not that can happen before the league ends I can only guess.

Gems in a 5 link chest
LS + pierce + fire damage + WED + projectile damage

Auras
Hatred + HOF

Ascendancy skills
10% chance to pierce and poison. Skill selected mainly for level bosses that have high health and elemental resistance

Performance

LS pierces groups then HOF explodes them. What could be more fun?

Going forward:
Sustain build into maps. Hopefully craft/buy a good dagger and then take the poison on hit chain in the skill tree.

Last edited by Skywalkerfx on Mar 25, 2016, 6:08:42 PM
Last bumped on Mar 25, 2016, 5:01:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info