[28] Ascendancy Classes in LLD. Yes or no?

I just played against a JUGGERNAUT in LLD. Now this is fine, Great even! I love the ideas of encouraging self leveled characters, and ascendancy classes add some sweet spice to the games.

My only issue is that two days ago, I got an error message "Unable to join PvP: You have chosen an Ascendancy class, which is not allowed for this PvP type." after building a Pathfinder LLD character.

A reddit PSA talked about this error around the same time I got it, and I took the Dev conversations, linked within to be confirmation that the NO ascendancy restriction was intended.

I deleted the character and rebuilt on a PvP-only Character, and then today, there are three Ascendancy classes in the top 5 of the leaderboard.

Was this an un-noted change? Did I miss something?\

So GGG, which is it? Should I self level and get my sub-28 lab runs in, or is this not intended?
Last bumped on Jul 20, 2016, 12:55:52 AM
hey,
current state is unknown.
ascendancy is allowed for 28 lld, but probably will not be allowed (GGG info somewhere on the forum).

standard lld'ers are restricting themselfs and not doing Lab. not many of them playing perandus lld atm.

do the Lab for your perandus char if u want and have fun and be more competetive, but rip that char later for standard lld.

talamoana warrior
While it isn't confirmed, I'd advise against getting an ascendancy class. GGG has made their intentions clear even without confirming, and due to this any tournament officially hosted by GGG or unofficially hosted by cookie will not allow ascendancy classes.

It's gonna be best not to get used to having those free points.
Just to let you guys know. Qarl responded to my (very similar) thread on reddit saying that Ascendancy is indeed supposed to prevent you from participating in LLD and they are looking into why it is not functioning as intended.

Edit: Link to Reddit Post on this issue.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4bthpx/psa_ascendancy_classes_apparently_are_allowed_in/
Last edited by KremeDeLa on Mar 25, 2016, 2:08:55 PM
Curious if this question was ever answered?! Looking to get into LLD and was hoping it would have ascendancy classes in it!
"
OHG wrote:
Curious if this question was ever answered?! Looking to get into LLD and was hoping it would have ascendancy classes in it!

I certainly hope the opposite. Ascendancy did nothing but ruin PvP further. It doesn't belong in PvP any more than sevens do.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
I think LLD will not have Ascendancy. If it did, then everyone would go Unstoppable Juggernaut to completely nullify the chill/freeze/TC/Bear Trap problem. There would be absolutely no build/class diversity.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info