Labyrinth is trash

It is not due to any boss or monster difficulties. It is because everything gets reset for some moronic reason even when Disconnecting. It is totally and completely stupid that we cannot log INSTANTLY back in and continue along. It is trash. Worst content that you have made and I rarely post here. Total utter trash. GGG badly needs to reassess the inability to log back into the game at the point in which you get DC'd... It is as of now impossible for a good portion of player base such as myself to complete not due to difficulty at all... BUT SIMPLY due to rotten DC.
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2016, 2:31:33 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
GGG stated that they wanted softcore players to experience the thrill/satisfaction of hardcore by the adrenaline rush and sense of accomplishment that would follow when completing the labyrinth successfully. I agree with you, though, that this was not a good design decision. My view is that if a softcore player wanted to experience hardcore then they would be playing hardcore not softcore.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
GGG stated that they wanted softcore players to experience the thrill/satisfaction of hardcore by the adrenaline rush and sense of accomplishment that would follow when completing the labyrinth successfully.

Y'know, statements like this just make me see red. This is GGG telling us "Fuck you, this is our ball and you play with it like we tell you."

At least have the decency to delete Standard so I can stop deluding myself...
This is a buff™
yesterday lab took 7 min per run.
so you lose 7 min cause disconnect.
and?
No rest for the wicked
I kinda liken it to a customer going into a restaurant and saying they are allergic to peanuts and order accordingly only to have the chef run out and stangle them saying he did so so the customer could "experience the thrill/satisfaction of" eating a peanut with "the adrenaline rush and sense of accomplishment that would follow".

Also people saying they can complete it in under ten minutes so it is no problem don't seem to be taking into account different playstyles and mentality. Act 4 merciless was a complete cake walk for me underleveled so should I turn round to melee HC players and say they shouldn't be careful there?
Last edited by Ferumbrias on Mar 21, 2016, 3:36:01 AM
"
mezmery wrote:
and?

Life goes on eh

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
mezmery wrote:
and?

I'm trying to fully clear lab as a personal challenge at the moment. I don't mean killing every mob but reaching all treasures and shrines, trinkets and all that stuff. It takes 30 minutes even like this with a quite relaxed playthrough actually.

Still trying to figure out what mysterious shrines do. Too mysterious.
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.
"
orsonstfu wrote:
It is not due to any boss or monster difficulties. It is because everything gets reset for some moronic reason even when Disconnecting. It is totally and completely stupid that we cannot log INSTANTLY back in and continue along. It is trash. Worst content that you have made and I rarely post here. Total utter trash. GGG badly needs to reassess the inability to log back into the game at the point in which you get DC'd... It is as of now impossible for a good portion of player base such as myself to complete not due to difficulty at all... BUT SIMPLY due to rotten DC.

Labyrinth+Ascendancy points quest =trash. Labyrinth+optional place for farm = not bad.
"
Turtledove wrote:
GGG stated that they wanted softcore players to experience the thrill/satisfaction of hardcore by the adrenaline rush and sense of accomplishment that would follow when completing the labyrinth successfully. I agree with you, though, that this was not a good design decision. My view is that if a softcore player wanted to experience hardcore then they would be playing hardcore not softcore.

Maybe not quite that simple. Most players that avoid playing hardcore probably don't want the added stress that a perma-death league always has. Hardcore is always a "one step away from death" all the time and as we don't have any control over Internet lag, server/client glitches/bugs, mob fps drops that cause client side freezing but the server simulation is moving ahead and our exile is taking damage that we can't see, etc. So just telling softcore players to play hardcore is an oversimplification.

I think GGG made the right decision in making Labyrinth a map that you can't just portal out anytime you want and return to right where you left off. The extra adrenaline rush of knowing that death means having to start over is a good addition to break up the monotony of mapping. But it's not the perma-death of hardcore and we aren't under the constant stress of having to start over if we make one mistake and die.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Mar 21, 2016, 11:45:36 AM
Whiii, labyrinth runs for trinkets:

crash/dc -> "This action requires the account to be logged in" (seems a rinth-only crash, at least for me)
crash/dc -> "This action requires the account to be logged in"
dc -> "UNEXPECTED"
crash -> client crash

Note; all this happened while I was trying to get a trinket and reach the FIRST Izaro fight. Before and after this I was mapping without any issues. Awesome stuff indeed.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info