Some improvements for lab

So, like, i was doing my 2nd characters lab process... and well, we all know Trials are a bore, and just, its terrible

But the lab... thats one step up from something that shouldn't be in Path of Exile

Yet, its somewhat mandatory...

NOW FUCKING WAIT M8'S BEFORE YOU SAY "M8 ITS NOT MANDATORY BRUH ITS 100000 PERCENT OPTIONALSSSSSS"
shut up.

Whilst its optional, it feels mandatory because thats the only way to get our ascendancy points...

Why not improve act 4? wanna know how?! :ooooooo

After killing malachai, you should ascend, because you literally finished a difficulty, and its more natural to kill something to advance (in both skillpoint (asc) and story)

I mean, considering that GGG has been completely silent about anything Lab related, which is a negative coming from me, they should atleast make ascendancy points available other then the lab

Coz, when i was doing the shitty-trials, i was incredibly bored, i was so bored that i was tempted to do like, 40 greater rifts in Diablo 3, or a few raids in Neverwinter, or even kill noobs in the Dark Zone.

And that boredom soon became the lab... which is boring and annoying in itself.

TL;DR for the lazy hand fed guys out there:

Lab = Enchantment only

Malachai reward = 2x ascendancy points.

That way, lab is still content you can do, but its actually optional, so you can do it whenever, and ascendancy isnt gated behind crappy traps that take %life and a draining amount of time
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Last bumped on Mar 18, 2016, 11:31:02 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
After killing malachai, you should ascend, because you literally finished a difficulty, and its more natural to kill something to advance (in both skillpoint (asc) and story)

That is why you gain them after killing Izaro, I guess.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
"

That is why you gain them after killing Izaro, I guess.

yes, but thats still in a zone that makes you have to get to 6 previous zones (2-3 are mostly ignored because we hardly ever go there) to complete, its not fun.

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Just stop.

GGG is not going to change the way you get ascendancy points. The lab really isn't that hard to do. If it's so boring, do it in 10 minutes and be done with it. It's the exact same thing as the skill point quests while leveling. A lot of them require you to go out of your way to get semi-mandatory skill points. No different than the lab.

Are the trials a bit boring to do in each difficulty? Sure, but if you do them while leveling and on-level, they're a bit more exciting and you don't have to go back and do them.
"
Maswasnos wrote:
Just stop.

GGG is not going to change the way you get ascendancy points. The lab really isn't that hard to do. If it's so boring, do it in 10 minutes and be done with it. It's the exact same thing as the skill point quests while leveling. A lot of them require you to go out of your way to get semi-mandatory skill points. No different than the lab.

Are the trials a bit boring to do in each difficulty? Sure, but if you do them while leveling and on-level, they're a bit more exciting and you don't have to go back and do them.

Just Stop? nah im good thanks.

how about an improvement for acendancy and just remove the lab?
"
Maswasnos wrote:
... The lab really isn't that hard to do...

Actually, for me it is impossible, because the client crashes every time I open a box or (if I skip all boxes) after killing Izaro's third form.
I enjoyed the lab, it was different and suits my slow playing style quite well, but I just cannot get the ascendancy points and am frustrated as hell.
Support doesn't care, either. Some days ago, they asked me (in reply to my mail) to send them my DXdiag results and I haven't heard from them since. Guess stability is not as much an issue as I was hoping after Chris' dev post.

Spoiler

Yes, I know, I keep writing this in threads. But I really am salty about it. All the rest of the prog works, but the lab crashes reliably.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
I think GGG should lists what enchantment is top tier and low tier.
Lab has check point with limit respawn times. Do lab deathless u receive top tier enchantment, others depend on how many time u have died.
And the last thing : Fix the F**** damage scale of trap. For god shake, my best tank got die before the last trial in normal because of a lag !!!!
"
Skellimancer wrote:
how about an improvement for acendancy and just remove the lab?

no

"
Lab has check point with limit respawn times. Do lab deathless u receive top tier enchantment, others depend on how many time u have died.

No, it is fully possible to do the lab without death, as such its rewards including ascendancy points should be only accessible for those that complete it deathless.

"
And the last thing : Fix the F**** damage scale of trap. For god shake, my best tank got die before the last trial in normal because of a lag !!!!

It does % of hp\es as phys damage over time, you can mitigate it via various methods but you could just avoid most of the traps altogether.

"
Actually, for me it is impossible, because the client crashes every time I open a box or (if I skip all boxes) after killing Izaro's third form.
I enjoyed the lab, it was different and suits my slow playing style quite well, but I just cannot get the ascendancy points and am frustrated as hell.
Support doesn't care, either. Some days ago, they asked me (in reply to my mail) to send them my DXdiag results and I haven't heard from them since. Guess stability is not as much an issue as I was hoping after Chris' dev post.

Reinstall the game, if that doesn't work come back. The issue here is the boxes are optional, can you not click on the thing to ascend after you kill him and just say fuck the loot and enchantments?

GGG is not going to change the way you get ascendancy points.

This is all that really matters in this discussion, I thought that OP would of had an interesting post instead of just another lab QQ thread and trying to get ascendancy points for free, atlas it isn't any different then those other threads, shame on you OP.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"

NOW FUCKING WAIT M8'S BEFORE YOU SAY "M8 ITS NOT MANDATORY BRUH ITS 100000 PERCENT OPTIONALSSSSSS"
shut up.

no u.

If you want to have a discussion, don't offend one side of the argument in the 4rd paragraph you write. >___>
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info