[2.2 Theory] The Empire's Call

Preface:

I am mostly a casual player, so this build probably isn't optimized for end-game content. Most of my characters land between lvl 80-90 before I re-roll. Any optimization/tips are welcome.

Idea:

Ever since I saw a Sire of Shards + Empire's Grasp Ball Lightning Totem character to pull all mobs to the totem, I have been wanting to utilize Empire's Grasp. Because of that this build will focus on using Shockwave Totem to pull mobs to a central location and then use my spells to AoE them.

Tree:

I have chosen the Heirophant to do this. Picking up Pursuit of Faith, Ritual of Awakening, and Illuminated Devotion for ascendancy skills. We aren't really affected by the less damage of Ritual of Awakening because our totems are for gathering and not the entirety of our damage. Also we get incrased AoE for our Shockwave Totem in our gloves due to Illuminated Devotion (basically makes our gloves pseudo 6L with lvl 10 knockback and lvl 1 increased AoE).

For my main source of damage I have decided on Storm Call. With the recent influx of More Damage support gems I think that Storm Call is a great choice. I may see if I want to use Flameblast if that is more optimal.

For defense I am taking +150% Life. I originally planned this to use CI, however, it seemed that it would be more difficult (missing the ES from gloves, strength requirements for Shockwave Totem, etc).
For added defense I am planning to utilize a technique I thought was interesting from a previous build thread I read: CWDT + Convocation to recall zombies to my location. Zombies will also prevent enemies from moving out of the Shockwave Totem even more and allow me to land every Storm Call.

I chose Summon Stone Elemental due to it's AoE taunt for protection.

Links:

6L Pledge of Hands: Storm Call > Less Duration > Concentrated Effect > Elemental Focus > Added Lightning > Controlled Destruction

4L Empire's Grasp Gloves: Shockwave Totem > Curse on Hit > Elemental Weakness > Conductivity

3L+1 Boots: Lightning Warp > Faster Casting > Less Duration and Summon Stone Elemental

4L Helm: Wrath > Arctic Armor > Clarity > Enlighten (if possible)

4L+2L Body: CWDT > Convocation > Temporal Chains > Enfeeble and Raise Zombie > Minion Life

The links seem a little iffy. What if I dropped Faster Casting or Less Duration on Lightning Warp and then did a 2+2L on Boots and put Raise Zombie + Minion Life there? It might open up other possibilities.

Also, I may drop out of the Minion nodes at later levels and pick up more life. Any ideas?
IGN: EmptyPalms
Last edited by EmptyPalms on Mar 17, 2016, 6:31:07 PM
Last bumped on Apr 10, 2016, 12:08:13 AM
Any ideas? Or is it just too much work/all over the place than a straight forward Shockwave Totem Build / Storm Call build by separating them?
IGN: EmptyPalms
I know it's been a few weeks or so, but are you still working on any version of this build? I'm extremely interested to hear how it may work.

I've been trying to think about a good way to make a triple totem build using the Hierophant class, and using three dragons to freeze everyone. However, the empire's grasp idea kind of really takes care of the crowd control. How would that work on bosses? I feel like freeze is a really great mechanic, but at the same time I would be losing shock... which also really helps.

Anyways, I personally think your idea is really great, if there's an efficient way to control hard bosses. Please share if you have any kind of update, I definitely think it's worth trying. If we have learned anything from science, the craziest theories and ideas, normally turn out to be correct :)

Edit: Just to note, if you can fit Call of the brotherhood, or whatever that ring is called, that may take care of freezing! Wow, that actually really might shoot this build to a whole new level being combine with those gloves... I've always wanted to make a super sweet Storm Caller!! Common bro, we gotta figure this out!! ha :)
Last edited by iGanc on Apr 10, 2016, 12:10:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info