[2.2] Crit Elemental Spectral Throw, Dual Wield Hyaon's Furry - CHEAPASS ASSASSIN

Hi and welcome to a SamuraiSheep build guide; featuering this Dual Wielding Hyaon's Furry Assassin (seen in the image above).

The idea was to build around the Hyaon's Furry sword and make it work, even though thay are kinda crappy. Although through theorycrafting and in-game testing I manage to arrive at a somewhat finished build, which I thought was good enough to showcase there on the Forum.

- disclaimer, this build is not amazing, nor a cookiecutter. It is however viable, I have cleared tier: 10 maps without any real trouble and most of all good fun.

Quick Build Overview:
Spoiler

Acendancy:
Spoiler

This new expansion allows for builds like this to come to live.

Assassin is chosen, in order to make up for some of the crappyness of Hyaon's Furry, by increasing it's low base crit chance and give some easy power charge generation. The attack speed fix comes from the rest of the passive tree, along with duel wielding and blood rage.
You can choose to throw a vaal orb at Hyaon's Furry, to get a more usefull implicit mod, like 0.2% of Lightning Damage Leeched as Life.

Passive tree's:

Gear (I used):
Spoiler

I have spent around 30 chaos in total, for this build.

My weapons are of course two Hyaon's Furry, it provides alot of lightning damage and some steorids for the frenzy charges. price is ~2 chaos each.

This is the cheap rat's nest helmet. price is ~1 chaos. Other options are the real rat's nest, a rare evasion helmet or even Devoto's Devotion.

Facebreakers are also a very cheap option, only for the massive +90% crit multi and the 3B 1G are easy to roll here. price is ~1 chaos. Other options are Maligaro's Virtuosity, Shadows and Dust, rare gloves or maybe even Snakebite. The glove slot have plenty of options.

I got the 6L body armor for 20 chaos, which is cheap, at the time... it's rolls arent great. Other good options are Belly of the beast or a lightning coil.
The general theme on the rares are +life, +resistances and +%weapon elemental damage on the jewelery.

As for pots. i recommend using atleast 2 seething divines and a diamond flask. rest of the pot slots are open for whatever..

Essential Gem links:
Spoiler

Just a quick overview done in excel, I how it is understandable.

Stats Sheet:
Spoiler

Tooltip DPS:
First is with auras activated and just standing in my hideout.
Secound is also with 4 power and 6 frenzy and Vaal Haste running.
Can possibly push it much higher, I would guess somewhere around 70-80k with better gear.

Defensive page (not that impressive):
Kiteing alot with whirling blads get you far, defensive-wise.
Spoiler

Last edited by SamuraiSheep on Mar 29, 2016, 7:45:33 AM
Last bumped on Mar 29, 2016, 7:12:29 AM
what's your crit chance?
isn't Lightning Penetration better than WEP or added lighting damage?
"
lokidaecon wrote:
what's your crit chance?

With 4 power charges the crit chance is around 52%. And it the power charge note in the shadow area on the tree is also grabbed, my crit chance is ~61% with 5 power charges.
Last edited by SamuraiSheep on Mar 29, 2016, 7:24:53 AM
"
haniball322 wrote:
isn't Lightning Penetration better than WEP or added lighting damage?

It may be better.. I havnt done the math. But the Added Lightning get scaled alot, 144% by the dual Hyaon's alone, with 6 frenzy charges up.

I could imagine a lightning penetration would be better in + %lightning resistance maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info