Marauder - Earthquake + Vaal Ground Slam - HC VIABLE one shot with 4L

Juggernaut - Earthquake + Vaal Ground Slam with 8 endurances (4L)

Leveling

Start with MOLTEN STRIKE http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Molten_Strike
when reach level 12 swap to SUNDER http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sunder
and level 28 swap to EARTHQUAKE http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Earthquake

Actual Gear

Gems

4L - Earthquake - Fortify - Melee Physical Damage - Added Fire Damage
4L - Vaal Ground Slam - Multistrike - Melee Physical Damage - Added Fire Damage
3L - Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Blood Magic
4L - Cast When Damage Taken(lv11) - Immortal Call(lv13) - Temporal Chains(lv13) - Increased Duration
1L Hatred / Enduring Cry / Stone Golem
OPTIONAL - BLASPHEMY - POACHER MARK - for frenzys, mana and life leech and to fill flask 100% faster

Bandits

Normal: Oak
Cruel: Oak or point
Merciless: Oak

PROS

SUPER TANKY
SUPER CHEAP
CLEAR MAPS FAST
VIABLE ON HC

CONS

have to use enduring cry always as possible or u can use the warlords mark on blasphemy

Last edited by lcefyre on Mar 19, 2016, 8:48:52 PM
Last bumped on Mar 20, 2016, 4:34:48 AM
Reserved
what if i want to make 5-6l earthquake what i should put inside
"
arospl wrote:

Increased area of effect 5L and concentrated effect or less duration on 6L
"
lcefyre wrote:
"
arospl wrote:

Strongly disagree with increased AOE. I'm running reduced duration in 5L Marohi Erqi with roughly 17k DPS and 7500 life (level 80 atm in hardcore perandus). Reduced duration is a much greater single target DPS boost since you get the "more" multiplier on that second hit much more often. It also feels much less clunky to use since you don't have to stand around and wait for the aftershock.
"
"
lcefyre wrote:
"
arospl wrote:

Strongly disagree with increased AOE. I'm running reduced duration in 5L Marohi Erqi with roughly 17k DPS and 7500 life (level 80 atm in hardcore perandus). Reduced duration is a much greater single target DPS boost since you get the "more" multiplier on that second hit much more often. It also feels much less clunky to use since you don't have to stand around and wait for the aftershock.

Agreed, and it's even stronger with the reduced duration on Earthquake helmet enchant from the Labs. The setup in the guide could use tweaking:

1. Fortify should be removed from Earthquake: You're Leaping around anyways to engage, so put Fortify in Leap and you'll maintain uptime and free a link for more damage.

2. Less Duration is easily the most important gem for Earthquake for three reasons: faster explosions mean more damage and faster looting/clear speed, and the gem provides another multiplicative damage increase.

The best setup for Earthquake is:
1. Earthquake
2. Less Duration
3. Melee Physical
4. Added Fire
5. Weapon Elemental Damage
6. Swap between Increased AoE for mapping and Concentrated Effect for bosses.

Ideally Marohi is used for Earthquake to benefit from the innate Increased AoE, and then the last link can be used with Concentrated Effect, or another gem of your choice (even Fortify, in this case).

There are a few other areas that can be improved upon as well, the passive tree could be optimized and even Vaal Ground Slam could be dropped in favor of other effects, as long as it's being run in a 4l. It's a strong attack, but a 6l Earthquake will do almost as much damage as a 4l VGS Multistrike, without using up all the extra links.
Last edited by Archimtiros on Mar 20, 2016, 4:37:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info