Billy's Budget 2.2 Chaos/Poison siege ballistas HC/SC Viable **Video proof of concept**

This is my 2.2 version of a fun and powerful build I played last league. The build focuses on poison/chaos dmg from siege ballista and some nice perks from deadeye ascendancy that help siege ballista damage a lot (extra proj and far shot). The nerf to poison dmg doesnt really affect this build too much, and its still very viable and a lot of fun for a totem build.

Skill build & lvling:
Spoiler
Full tree here
When levelling head for deadly draw, aspect of the eagle and ballistic mastery. After that head straight for ancestral bond. I leveled with lightning arrow, but any ranged skill will work. I used frenzy for single target while levelling (with faster attacks, ppad and added fire dmg) Don't forget to level your siege ballista gem as soon as you can get it. With ancestral bonds you can start using siege ballista in a 4L with poison, added chaos and faster attacks (if you have int problems drop added chaos for slower proj) This build does require one unique jewel, sire of splinters, its a couple of chaos.

Skill gems:
Spoiler
Frenzy-gmp-coh-vulnerability/enfeeble (if you get a 5l throw in chain imo)

Siege ballista-faster attacks-slower proj-poison-added chaos (I dropped slower proj for 4l[if 6l add void manipulation])

Blink arrow - Faster attacks
lvl 1 clarity
Haste
enduring cry
cwdt (leveld) - ic - inc duration - molten shell/flame golem
inc duration - vaal haste - vaal haste - AA

Bandits:
Spoiler
Oak-Skill point-Kraityn

Death's harp is great for levelling, the extra projectile is really nice for your ballistas. Late game items (but not necessary) are Lioneye's glare and Drillneck. Drillneck is actually pretty cheap this league, I picked one up for 10c and its a huge dps boost. Lioneye's glare is even cheaper! BiS bow would probably be a thicket bow with insane pdps.

Go deadeye for ascendancy, and head to endless munitions, and take fast and deadly in merc. You can probably make this build work for Scion too. I think scion might be even better than ranger, with more jewel nodes accesible.

It might be possible to run bloodrage with a stone golem, but then you need to mess around with the gem setup. But im pretty sure its feasable, will update when I test that.

Short video (slightly different build for 2.1) running through underground river map here
Enjoy!
Will update to 2.2 video when I have time to make one.

Have fun, and good luck!
Last edited by thevdende on Mar 14, 2016, 11:12:01 AM
Last bumped on Apr 3, 2016, 8:14:35 PM
reserved
Come on people feel free to flame/hate/critique. I would love some feedback, any feedback, please recognize me!
Generally it seems like unless your build uses Iron Commander, it goes under the radar, as Iron Commander is pretty much the new meta, when using Siege Ballistae.

Also, Siege Ballista builds are almost exclusively Scion builds nowadays, so the Siege ballista users ignore it in the Ranger forums.
Last edited by CadenceLikesVGs on Apr 3, 2016, 7:11:14 PM
I'm also playing a chaos ballista build and initially went with deadeye as my ascension. You should try pathfinder. You get free poison during flask effects which frees up a gem slot for more damage.

My build is quite a bit different and very flask centric but the tree is here if you want a look.

Gear
Spoiler

Offense/Defense stats with frenzy charges and flasks up (all the time)
Spoiler

Vaal haste boosts dps to 113k but I never remember to use it. Endurance charges cap phys damage reduction to 90%

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info