[ HC ] [2.2] 3xAncestral Protector Sunder Crit SUPER SAFE - Templar

To start off I want to say this is actually my first build I ever made on my own a 100%.

My goal with this build was to use the totems as extra damage on bosses and have them for soaking up some damage, then using Sunder to range down groups of enemies.

If you want anymore info about the build just post below and I will update the build.

Here is a link to the reddit post with some Questions and answers.
https://redd.it/4a6phw

Here are some pros and cons

Pros
good clear speed
has an easy time with parandus cheasts
really good single target
really good AoE
ranged attack with Sunder
can do almost every map mod
has en easy time with labyrinth
just needs normal labyrinth to start the building of charges
Has 182% life can get more with jewels
gear can be cheep and still do really well

Cons
needs a good physical staff
can´t link leap slam with faster attacks
needs to weapon swap if you have 2 6L for leap slam
can´t do physical reflect map mods

Leveling
Spoiler

Cheep leveling items
Spoiler

The Stormheart Royal Staff

So when leveling I just went for sunder as soon as I could witch is level 12, I got the Ancestral Protector at level 4.

Act 1 Normal

I started of with using freezing pulse to go to ledge with 2 elemental sceptre, don´t forget to get your totem at level 4 then I swapped to a 2h weapon with physical damage buy using the recipe to make a blue physical 2h, I used ground slam all the way to level 12 and then swapped it out for Sunder

NOTE! to do the physical recipe magic or rare rustic sash + 2h + blacksmith's whetstone and then you sell this all to a vendor to gather to get a high physical damage

Act 2 Normal

When you are here you will need to go back to act 1 Lioneye's Watch and buy your Sunder.
you can get your self a leap slam at the same time to move around with.
Just make sure you Help Oak and kill the others.
At level 16 you can start using Herald of Ash, this will increase your dps.

Act 3 Normal
Now we are in act 3 and here is where we can get our first 4L so keep an eye our for any 4L cheasts or 4L 2h staffs.
We are gonna trade for Hatred sins you cant buy it and you can start using hatred at level 24, this will give us a huge damage boost.
you wanna get a curse as well you can pick from Warlord's Mark, Poacher's Mark or Assassin's Mark this will all help you with mana and health problems for the time being, you will need to trade for Poacher's Mark and Assassin's Mark.

Act 4 Normal
Here is where we get the Ice Golem for that accuracy and some crit.
Farming Dried Lake is really nice and is what you will do for all the difficulties.
Later on in this act we unlock Immortal cry and Cast when damage taken so we can start working on the Cast on damage taken setup, you get Increased Duration from act 3 side quest A Fixture of Fate.

Now you just kill the last boss in act 4 and it is off to cruel.

First Ascendancy I recommend doing your normal labyrinth when you hit around 2500-3000 health I did mine at 2700 health, but it is really up to you and if you feel like you can handle it.
When you finish this nightmare you will take the Hierophant and go for Conviction of Power, this will jump start the build somewhat, it will give you 10% chance to gain power charges on kill and a 25% chance to get endurance charge when you get a power charge.

Second Ascendancy I did my 2nd labyrinth when I
had been farming Dried Lake to 68 then I started using my staff

Hegemoney's Era and went to crule labyrinth.
now we get Pursuit of Faith, this will give us some attack speed and some damage when we kill.

Third Ascendancy I was level 75 when I finally went to

Merciless Labyrinth, I had around 4500 health at this point.
Here we get our last points and go for Ritual of Awakening, now we can have 3 totems out at a time.

NOTE! The attack speed multiplier does not stack with more totems out, you only get it ones.

Skill tree leveling
Spoiler

12 points we go for the area nods here to make Sunder clear faster big packs and do more damage on the shock wave we are getting 1% life regen from Sanctity, this is for blood rage later on.

21 points here we head down for the marauder life and life regen to start using blood rage, ones you get warrior's blood for the 1.8% life regen you want to grab the side melee physical nodes for some really good damage boost.

32 points here we go to the Scion life nodes, it is just as simple as that.

75 points now we want to work our way to some good crit node, I went for the staff crit node Smashing strikes to get some endurance charges rolling and some really good physical and crit staff nodes, from there we go to the life on the right to get Devotion, then we work our way up the tree and take the purity of flesh life and chaos resist node.

We wanna continue to go towards Witch area from some sick crit nods, you can go for Shaman's Dominion for a really big boost in crit whenever you lay down a totem for 4 seconds or you can go for Serpent Stance and Blunt Trauma before ether way you want to get both.

You might notice that your accuracy is not that good at this point so you should keep in mind that you will need to grab Precision and Versatility at some point during this stage it all just depends on the accuracy you have on your gear at the moment.

after all of this is done you go back down to the marauder and get Disembowling for some more needed crit.

then before moving on to the next phase we take Martial experience.

107 points now I recommend taking the rest of the life nodes in the tree, so we take Cruel Preparation and move all the way down to marauder and fill out the life nods we have there witch are Barbarism and Juggernaut.

Now we start to take the Endurance charges, when you got both of them I would go for the area node in Witch ( Blast Radius ) so that Sunder shockwave will hit even more mobs.

After this we take the 2 power charges we are missing.

NOTE! If you have any really good jewls then you would want to take the jewls nodes over some of the miner nodes it is really up to you.

Gear
Spoiler

Weapon
This build is all around Staves. We want as high physical dps on it as we can a good rare physical staff is not hard to get, it is important that the base crit is as high as possible then we want attack speed and crit multiplier.

The end game staff is Hegemony's Era worth around 2 ex and is the most expensive item this build is running at the moment.

Helmet
Here we want an armor base helmet, we are looking to get a 4L with 3 Red and 1 Green socket.
You want to have good life and resist on this item and if you can some extra armour.

Amulet
You want a Dex base amulet as this build needs some dex and you can´t really get it from the skill tree. We wanna get accuracy and life with some resists here, crit and crit multiplier are really good if you can get them as well.

NOTE! You want to get your hit chance to 90% minimum so try to get accuracy on 2 items.

Body Armour
Here you want a rare chest with high armour, life and resists. Here is where you link your Ancestral Protector.

Rings
We want rare rings here you want high life and some resists on them, getting dex on one of them and accuracy on the other is gonna be crucial, after you get all that you want to try to get some extra crit multiplier and crit if you can. Added physical is really good here as well.

Gloves
Rare gloves should have life and resists on them, get some attack speed and added physical damage if you can.

You are gonna want to get Maligaro's Virtuosity witch are your best in slot for gloves and they are cheep as well. They will give you 50% critical strike chance and some crit multiplier and attack speed.

Belt
You have some belts to choose from.
If you want more damage you go for a Rustic Sash that has life and resistances.
If you want to be more tanky you go for a leather belt that has life and resistances.
End game belt would have +1 Endurance charge, life and resistances.

Boots
Here we get rare boots, we start by looking for movement speed 20-30% and then we just want high life and some resists.

Flasks
So the best health flasks would be seething Divine Staunching, this is a instant healing and removing bleed flask.

the other health flask would be seething Divine of heat, this is a instant healing and freeze removal flask.

Get a Experimenter's Granite flask of iron skin, this will give you crazy physical mitigation and high armour.

the best in slot here would be a Rumi's Concoction, it will boost you block and give you spell block plus 3000 armour.

Atziri's Promise is a really solid dps flask and give you life leech as well, if you don´t have this yet then you can go for a silver flask, just try to get reduced charges used, extra charges, increased duration, charges on crit og physical leech.

Here you want to get a Quicksilver flask with Ample and of Adrenaline, this will make you run way faster then normal and make your clear speed go up.

Gems
Spoiler

Weapon: For this we are going to use a staff, the best in slot staff is Hegemoney's Era giving us really high physical damage and crit base with good attack speed and some block for defence.

Links: Sunder - Melee physical damage - added fire damage - faster attacks - increased critical strikes - increased critical damage

Helmet: We are going for a cast on damage taken combo here and an aura

Links: lvl 1 Cast when damage taken - lvl 3 Immortal call - lvl 5 warlord's mark - Hatred

body armor: so here we go for the totem setup and we plan on having a 5L-6L

Links: Ancestral protector - Melee physical damage - Melee splash - faster attacks

gloves: here we have some self buffs

Links: Increased duration - Herald of ash - Summon ice golem - blood rage

Boots: going for a 2nd Cast on damage taken setup

Links: lvl 6 Cast when damage taken - lvl 13 Molten shell - lvl 8 immortal call - Increased duration

movment skill we are using leap slam but if you get 2x 6L you need to weapon swap for it but thats not gonna happen for a long time so you can if it into your gear some how.

NOTE! There are some gems you will need to trade for, you can´t buy them as templar.
Increased Critical Strikes
Increased Critical Damage
Hatred
Blood rage
Poacher's Mark
Assassin's Mark

Bandits
Spoiler

Normal: Help Oak
Cruel: Kill all
Merciless: Help Kraityn

Youtube Gameplay
Spoiler

Coming Soon
Last edited by Sindro on Mar 15, 2016, 5:54:02 PM
Last bumped on Mar 29, 2016, 7:26:59 PM
nicebuild
Thanks for this. Having just ripped my first HC character I'm going to give this a go. I love the combo of multiple totems and a tactile skill like sunder. I'll let you know how it goes. Hopefully I'll get past level 65 this time (and not come across Magnus Stonethorn!).

A quick question - how would you rate The Stormheart for a leveling weapon?
"
jami135 wrote:
Thanks for this. Having just ripped my first HC character I'm going to give this a go. I love the combo of multiple totems and a tactile skill like sunder. I'll let you know how it goes. Hopefully I'll get past level 65 this time (and not come across Magnus Stonethorn!).

A quick question - how would you rate The Stormheart for a leveling weapon?

Thanks for trying it out :D going well for me I´m level 86 with it atm still alive.

That staff is accually really good for leveling and you should tottaly get it :D
Rip at level 57 to DC.. Gutted. I was really enjoying the build too :(
I had this char for awhile, no gear no skill point or nothing, I decided to use this build randomly (wanted something unique) and...its beautiful ! Dude I have the shittiest gear ever and used my only exalt to buy the cheapest Hege, I rekt everything !

Haven't play the game in a while and because of this build Im hooked again !

Good job !
"
I had this char for awhile, no gear no skill point or nothing, I decided to use this build randomly (wanted something unique) and...its beautiful ! Dude I have the shittiest gear ever and used my only exalt to buy the cheapest Hege, I rekt everything !

Haven't play the game in a while and because of this build Im hooked again !

Good job !

Dam! thanks dude really makes me happy to hear you like it :D the game is really good atm in my eyes getting close to 1000 hours played now :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info