Inquisitor Templar 1H Sword Elemental Crit Build

Hey. This is Templar's Ascendancy class "Inquisitor" elemental melee crit build mostly based on utilizing Ascendancy keystone "Inevitable Judgement".

Pros and Cons of the Build
Spoiler

+Very high map clear speed.
+Good single target damage(Atziri viable).
+Relatively tanky. Utilizes both armor and evasion and even has block chance from shield. Life pool can be over 5k depending on how defensive you want your character to be.
-+Cannot do reflect normally. Not that is a big deal skipping them, but if you equip Sibyl's Lament, reflect maps can be done.

+No expensive gear is required for build to work(even those rapiers with sick stats aren't that expensive compared to something like Daggers. I got mine for about 45c and it's about as good as it gets, unless you expect to have crit multi on your weapon. There are plenty cheaper ones of a similar quality. Hell, if you write me, i can provide you with a pretty good one for a very reasonable price!)

Baseline Passive Tree(90 points used):

Current Passive Tree(109 points used):

Ascendancy Tree:
Spoiler

First you take Inevitable Judgement then Augury of Penitence since you don't cast spells for Instruments of Virtue to work its full potential and Sanctify is just a joke.

Current gear on Perandus league:
Spoiler

The only piece of gear that is required somewhat decent for build to work is a weapon. You'll need a one handed sword with elemental damage and crit on it. Attack speed is also nice.
On the rest of the gear try to get optimal amount of life and resists. Weapon elemental damage, crit chance/multiplier on amulet, rings and belt is highly desirable.
Maligaro's and Rat's Nest is a sweet luxury. Although very sweet indeed (you should get those).

Gem Setup:
Spoiler
Helm 4L - Double Strike/Vaal Reave, Vaal Haste, Increased Duration, Wrath
Chest 6L - Frost Blades/Reave/Lightning Strike, Multistrike, Weapon Elemental Damage, Increased Critical Strikes, Added Lightning, Faster Attacks.
Gloves 4L -Whirling Blades, Blood Magic, Faster Attacks, Fortify
Boots 4L - Arctic Armor, Leap Slam, Faster Attacks, Blood Rage
Shield 3L - Herald of Thunder, Curse on Hit, Assassin's Mark
Weapon 3L - Cast when Damage Taken, Summon Ice Golem, Molten Shell

Jewels
Spoiler

Prioritize life, attack speed with swords, crit chance/multiplier

Flasks:
Spoiler

Bandits:
Spoiler
Normal - Oak for +40 life or Passive(I personally prefer passive)
Cruel - Kraityn - 8% Faster attack or Passive(also prefer passive)
Merciless - Kraityn - Frenzy Charge or Alira - Power Charge(I picked Frenzy)

Leveling
Spoiler
Start with using some elemental AoE spell as you're traveling through bonus elemental and AoE damage passives anyway. Magma Orb, Flame Surge, Storm Call, Firestorm, Ice Nova,.. etc. are all good choices.
In the mid-game if you'll come across some nice decent DPS Axe, Mace of Staff, begin using Earthquake and it will take you as far as where you're comfortable with using your One Handed Sword.

Video highlight(lvl66):

Atziri kill(lvl86)(GONE WRONG!):

FAQ:
Spoiler

Q: Why there are three skill gems given instead of just one?
A: One of each skill is better than others at certain situations. I for example use Frost Blades in close corridors, dungeon and all alike while Reave is great for a clear speed while you get your Vaal Reave stacks up. Although at the late game high tier maps where mobs hit pretty hard you start to think about your safety after being eaten in a split seconds for a few times. That's when Lightning Strike comes like a good idea for it's long range. Even considering it's projectiles getting blocked by smallest things which is kinda annoying sometimes honestly. But safety first and you do what you gotta do.

Q: Why Frost Blades over Spectral Throw?
A: Spectral Throw IS NOT a MELEE skill. That mean it wouldn't benefit from those crit/crit multi passives at the left of the tree. Also, not to be upset about that, Frost Blades clear trash faster because of it's almost instant projectiles.

Q: What's up with all this mana reserved?
A: Got rat's nest with Arctic Armor reduced mana reserved enchantment so I figured it might be nice for Atziri run. Otherwise I do not recommend reserving that much mana, since sometimes you'll run out of it. Keep at least 10% unreserved or have enough mana for 2 consecutive casts of your skill/spell(if my frost blades costs 24 mana, I want to have at least about 48 mana unreserved so that I would never run out of it). That's considering you're using Multistrike, of course. If not, you will need some more unreserved mana for leech/regen to catch up to your needs.

Last edited by Moda1337 on Mar 27, 2016, 6:40:28 AM
Last bumped on Apr 7, 2016, 2:49:05 PM
Would 1 handed mace work as well? I got a pretty OP 1hand mace I've been wantin to put to good use
"And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms....The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants" -Thomas Jefferson
"
HellbillyJeff wrote:
Would 1 handed mace work as well? I got a pretty OP 1hand mace I've been wantin to put to good use

Sorry for a late response, wasn't playing the game that much recently.
It would work, of course, but it would be very inconvenient to pass on those crit/crit multi nodes for swords at the bottom of the tree. That's kin of a big deal actually. Melee crit/crit multi nodes at the left side of the tree are the reason I don't use Spectral Throw with this build. Which I would really want but that would be loosing too much damage.
Not sure if you explained Ascendancy tree anywhere?
"
TheDravic wrote:
Not sure if you explained Ascendancy tree anywhere?

The tree itself is in the videos but you're right, I should've posted that info about it in here also.

Sorry about that. Post is updated now. Info about the Ascendancy tree is right below the regular tree.
Last edited by Moda1337 on Mar 27, 2016, 4:43:31 AM
I am very new to the game and i noticed your build. I was wondering how are you keeping up with your mana demands. I was goofing off with this build but i ran out of mana on boss fights quickly. Did you grab some mana leech on the passive tree or do you have that much mana regen late game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info