2.2 Assassin 100% Crit Flameblast Prolif

Hey, thought I'd show off my attempt at a Flameblast Assassin in the Softcare Perandus Challenge League. Currently at 78 running on a 4-link with Elemental Proliferation (less damage) and Increased Area of Effect (doesn't affect damage) and it seems quite effective. Elemental Proliferation is by no means necessary. It just increased the AoE so it's preferable, if you can still one shot everything.

Build Idea:

- Ambush (100% more crit chance against enemies on full life) from Assassin makes it very easy to cap crit chance against enemies on full life

- Flameblast hits hard, therefore only needs to hit once

- Deadly Infusion (base crit chance per powercharge) makes it very easy to reach the ~50% crit chance required to always crit enemies on full life

- With 7 powercharges Flameblast has a 8.5% base crit chance (10.5% with Level 20 Increased Critical Strikes Gem) so minimal investment is needed to get above 50%

- Blasphemy Assassin's Mark gives powercharges without damaging enemies, as well as providing more crit chance and multi

All of this combined provides a Flambeblast that will crit 100% of the time (I think), assuming you have powercharges and you only attack enemies on full life.

Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vywPotDutvY

Just showing off the power and clear speed. Without prolif and with crit damage it really packs a punch.

Passives

Current tree at about 78: poeurl.com/zo6

Planned tree grabbing extra crit multi and jewels: poeurl.com/zo7

I might decide to grab EB at some point if more defense is needed, but it's SC so we'll see...

Gear

As you can see, gear leaves much to be desired:-

- Need to link the Carcass Jack at some point
- I'm going to look into using a Marylene's Fallacy (massive crit multi, significantly reduced crit chance)
- I hear appropriate helm enchants are all the rage. Flameblast supposedly has more AoE so that would be amazing
- Daggers can always be improved
- Moar life

Note: Whirling Blades does not need Fire Pen or Conc Effect, and Flame Dash does not need two faster castings linked to it. My gear is just messy at the moment.

Flameblast
My current setups

Area Clearing: Flameblast - Controlled Destruction - Increased Area of Effect - Elemental Proliferation

Boss Fight: Flameblast - Controlled Destruction - Conc Effect - Critical Damage

The fifth link will probably be Fire Penetration. Faster Casting doesn't seem to help all that much and while Crit Damage is nice, I have a lot of crit multi anyway so it doesn't provide a massive benefit.

Auras
I'm currently running Clarity, Arctic Armour and Assassin's Mark on Blasphemy

Bandits
Oak - Alira - Alira
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2016, 8:55:15 PM
How much does Controlled Destruction affect the critical strike chance?
I've been meaning to test this but I haven't yet.

I'm running a similar build which I started at level 61 with a Marylene's Fallacy.
One-shotting The Hundred Foot Shadow was fun. =)

Lesser geared/specced players can add/substitute Increased Critical Strikes (support gem) -
especially if not dual-wielding (crit chance) daggers or only with one good dagger.
Six Power Charges seems to be enough to reach the 'minimum' buffed 45.5%+ crit chance.
(Does Assassin's Mark 9% get doubled by Assassin's Ambush ascendancy?)

Also consider Added Chaos / Added Cold damage support gems?
These should be multiplied by each stage of fireblast.

Suggested Rares:
Staff with +3 (effective) to fire gems
Dagger(s) with "Fire damage to spells", Spell Damage %, Crit Chance/Multiplier
- Consider daggers with "Cold damage to spells" (may be cheaper) and a Pyre ring.

Suggested Uniques:
Jaws of Agony (weapon switch), allows power charges to be gathered/retained between packs + whirling blades.
Marylene's Fallacy.
Rathpith Globe - Good defenses in a spirit shield, with reasonable spell damage increase.
Rime Gaze (good for a Vaal Flameblast, or just different supports for boss/trash).
Searing Touch (+2 fire gems = overkill) - The build paths next to the Serpent Stance cluster.
Infernal Mantle (+1 fire gems and 25% dmg as chaos means focusing less on penetration) - Makes the combined increased chaos/damage over time nodes more worthwhile too.

Plausible Uniques:
Malachai's Artifice. 30% fire penetration when socketed with Herald of Ice (or Thunder).
Pyre Ring?
The Consuming Dark? Especially for elemental reflect mobs?

Consider taking Avatar of Fire keystone for additional burning damage (if using Herald of Ice &or Thunder).

Suggested Jewels:
Survival Secrets - Recommended Quest Reward?
Clear Mind - Auras/buffs could be reserved from life.
Fireborn - Where to place?
Izaro's Turmoil - Herald of Ice + Added Cold Damage interactions.
Mantra of Flames - This should be the superior choice. Need to maths.

Thoughts/Musings:
Is there any way to use minions without them attacking mobs on 100% health for the Ambush bonus?

Notes / Build Benefits:
The 100% crit basis of the build works with almost any gear (~220% inc crit chance required?).
- The character can simply wear resists and eHP in most slots.
The build is entirely possible without taking any fire damage nodes. This allows access to life & ES nodes.
A player can swap Flameblast for any critical-strike-loving-spell of their choice.

Definitely a Standard (SC) build. I can't see anyway to bolster defenses beyond large eHP pool. The build is not near any sizeable block (dual-wield/shield/staff) talents? I see a maximum of +10% with staves and +11% with shields. But who needs defenses when the theory is everything dies after a less than two second spell cast? =)
Last edited by ltwizard on Mar 23, 2016, 3:07:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info