[2.2] Ele Magma Orb / Firestorm non-crit

I have always wanted to create my own unique build that has good clear speed, hp, and boss kill. I feel I have effectively created this build and have leveled a character to 82 as proof on PSC.
This build seems HC viable. Only now has magma orb been buff to a point to be used as a main skill.

This build is relatively cheap, I only recently obtained a 5l and 6l and am not using all es gear for max hp.

How this build works:

Spoiler

Once we have a 5link and a lvl 19 magma orb in a +2 socket to fire gems in some staff I fully transition into magma orb into clear speed. Magma Orb hits the whole screen with GMP and Spell Echo. While normally I would not put two less multipliers into the same socket my tooltip DPS says about 12k-15k dps. These dps are slightly inaccurate on crit with Elemental Overload, and 20% chance on kill to gain shock, ignite, chill with Shaper of desolation, and ignite stacks from emberwake.
For bosses I use firestorm to stack as many ignites as possible when I have Shaper of desolation up.

For extremely fast clear speed this build sometimes needs a kick start to get Shaper of desolation. I kick start this with Orb of storms-CoH-Flammability-Enfeeble with Mastermind of Discord to get an additional 20% fire penetration. With lvl 19 gems I have about a 61% fire pen for 4 seconds plus Flammability. I can usually use this to start the fight and end the fight as the Ignite stacks seem to get the firepen and will burn out the boss very quickly once I have enough stacks.

Key points:

Spoiler
~7k Hybrid life es. Multi-ignites with emberwake (for high hp targets/ Izaro, Atziri, map bosses) Searing touch, Elemental Overload, Dual curse

Passive Tree:

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMAAQFvA3UEswj0DXwRLRFQEmkWbxccGF0Yaho4GyUc3B0UH8ckqicvKPoqjSt4LJwspi2LNAo1uTbYNuk3ZjeDOlg62DwFRZ1G10kbS65TUlXGVkhXyVgHWHdZ81xrXwRfKmP9ZlRmnmjyakNtGXF5cYVyD3RVeC965nxLfIN85YKbgseD24RIi3qMdo8aj0aQVZErlG-WdJo7muCboZ2un9-iAKbrpwinK6yYrfGxQrcxuJO86r2CwFTAZsNt2CTZW9q52t3fiuL342rpAuq66-7sOOxV73zwH_Fs99f56PrS_rM=

Defenses:
Spoiler

Arctic armor
Discipline
Basalt flask

Current Gear with gems/links:
Spoiler

Final Thoughts
Spoiler

I do believe this build is malleable. I feel one could do this on full life or ci. Or even stretch out to get ghost reaver and some way of life leach. The only major problem I have is if I am in a party and don't have enough mana regen. I have attempted to supplement this by getting as much mana regen on nodes as well as using an Eleron ring. I one shot almost white and blue mobs, and rare's don't take much more on maps tiers 5-8.
I don't think I can do reflect maps, but if i run into a reflect mob or rare I can use Vaal Discipline... usually it will only take away 4k es.

If there is interest I will post a video, or stream on twitch.

Last edited by Armageden on Mar 10, 2016, 3:13:41 AM
Last bumped on Mar 10, 2016, 3:01:11 AM
Space for edit and video

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info