Perandus League and lab feedback

So, first off, Perandus league is fantastic. Well done. It's fun, it's rewarding, and it gives casual players a chance to get very rare, powerful uniques. It also allows players to potentially progress towards high-end uniques without being forced to rely on trading or exalt drops. This is perfect. Keep it in the core game, please!

Now, the labyrinth. I love the concept, and it's cool to playthrough. The problem is that there needs to be a way to break it up a bit, and also to recover progress if you crash or DC. I just spend an hour in the labyrinth, killed Izaro, approached the font of divinity, game locked up, and I DC'd. I had to get up and walk away from my computer for a bit, so as not to send it out the window. That should never, ever happen. That was not a loss of progress due to player error, I didn't die, I successfully completed the labyrinth and did not get my reward because of an external event that I have no control over whatsoever. That is incredibly frustrating and will turn players off from wanting to attempt content.

It also could do with a checkpoint system of some sort. Having to commit to an hour or so of play in one go is simply not doable for some players. People may need to go afk, maybe their kid knocked something over, maybe the doorbell is ringing, maybe the dog shit on the rug, maybe their wife is feeling "in the mood". Who knows. Some people simply don't have a lifestyle that can support being locked into an hour of gaming. It also makes it difficult to learn the mechanics of the Izaro fight, because they change every day, and you can't just run it a few times to practise, takes too long. I was over levelled and only in normal, but I've heard Izaro is very, very nasty in cruel. Probably not the best idea to have one-shot mechanics if you need to rerun an hour-long labyrinth every time. That's like in JRPGs back in the day where they'd have a really hard boss fight after a 10 minute long unskippable cutscene. It's just frustrating.

Maybe have a checkpoint system where you can continue from your last trial room, but everything after that resets, and the checkpoints reset every day. I don't know. Just throwing out ideas.

So, to sum up:

Perandus league, good. Keep on keeping on with that.

Labyrinth may need some difficulty tweaks.

Labyrinth may need checkpoints to make runs more manageable for casual players..

Labyrinth DEFINITELY needs a way to recover progress in the event of a crash or DC.
Last bumped on Mar 6, 2016, 7:11:31 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The basic idea of the perandus league is bland, and the execution is awful. While it suprized me that the 20+ skill spamming enemies didn't cause more performance issues, they constantly desnyc players without lockstep on. And are very rippy even without desyncing, depending on where they spawn.
The labyrinth itself is fine, but Izaro has way too much HP and/or defenses for his level.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info