Labyrinth visibility and switches

Some real problems I have with labyrinth in terms of visual design that impacts on a functional gameplay standpoint:

- In most regular games, when you press a switch, the camera flies over to whatever it is that changed so that you have an idea what happened. In PoE, you have no idea what the switch you pressed just did. I'm not asking for the camera to fly over, but something somewhere could glow or have an effect.
- There are indoors, dark areas where you can barely see the traps. Add to this low light radius and planning how to move ahead at times in a narrow corridor with spikes is a nightmare--it's just a guessing game. Indoor areas (such as the dungeon tileset) should be illuminated by fires on the walls so that you can see what's going on.

Here is an example. I mean, I can't even see the spikes on the right side on my monitor.

And I'm using this:
Last edited by Lord_Kamster on Mar 6, 2016, 12:06:35 PM
Last bumped on Mar 6, 2016, 1:56:40 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You can see the doors open at least on the mini-map where the symbols disappear. But its very hard to follow. And you are right on the lighting point.
I came here to drink milk and kick ass...and I've just finished my milk.
There are spikes?

I thought all the people whining about not seeing stuff was just due to not calibrating their monitor gamma correctly. But yeah; I guess maybe that wasn't it. Cool-looking screenshot though. :)

-VG-

Edit: Wait, you mean the FLOOR spikes? Sorry, but those really do look obvious as hell to me. The entire floor is covered with them. I thought you meant on the wall, which just looks black.

If it's the ones in the floor you're talking about, then yeah, I'd suggest visiting your gamma settings. Most screens come with them too dark by default.
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Last edited by VideoGeemer on Mar 6, 2016, 2:30:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info