Quitting POE now after the labyrinth

Thank you GGG for the wonderful game that I have enjoyed so fully for so long...I am still amazed by some of the concepts / innovations. But sadly I have to end and leave the game on a sharp criticism. I'll keep it simple.

Labyrinth puzzles and traps are totally against the ethos, style, and feel of the game. Running through the puzzles I just feel deflated, like why did this game suddenly revert to the console NES stuff I played in 1993. This would be fine, if it weren't forced upon us (and yes...it is by 100% all means required...people play this game to max out their character, no way they would skip the OP ascendancy points).

It seems like everyone has been forced into a mini-game, game within a game, that POE was not designed for and thus relies on imperfect systems and coordination and styling.

I had a similar distaste for the Forsaken Masters, because the Master quests were basically easy chores that people had to do (separated, not really within the normal POE game, not really "fitting" much) and do them CONSTANTLY.

Those Masters quests were just a time consuming rote exercise (like in WoW or something...."go collect 5 animal hides and return to me"). Maybe Zana quests were a (good) exception to that rule. Atleast the masters were optional, anyway. Hell, if I had done it I would just have introduced full master crafting into the existing NPCs, with no quests at all.

The labyrinth is different. But both have a feel of not really being able to integrate into what POE is.

Just my 2 cents. Thanks for the great game, and sorry for bitching.

Last bumped on Mar 15, 2016, 8:50:01 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Nicely written feedback dude, shame to lose a supporter :(

Best of luck in your next adventure in gaming.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
Pie_Guy wrote:
This would be fine, if it weren't forced upon us (and yes...it is by 100% all means required...people play this game to max out their character, no way they would skip the OP ascendancy points).

Dont forget the OP helm enchants you have to farm for 500 lab runs on average.
ign: klavesnica
couldn't be more wrong.... ggg did a great thing adding some other stuff to do into this game. Honestly my first labyrinth felt so epic. those spikes are so scary :D I love a bit of adventure touch to an rpg game other wise it is all about kill and collect loot. You complain about repetitiveness but this is an arpg game... i think you are playing the wrong game.

there are so many other annoying things than these side quests in the game... like 10000 different gems and some of them so useless and pointless or try to 6 link stuff or trading :S

i wont be playing much of this new stuff bc i played this game too much. getting old now.
My_Bloody_Valentine
Last edited by Rangers on Mar 5, 2016, 5:04:14 AM
Good feedback. Not bitching at all.

Sorry the Labyrinth not your thing.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Pie_Guy wrote:
Thank you GGG for the wonderful game that I have enjoyed so fully for so long...I am still amazed by some of the concepts / innovations. But sadly I have to end and leave the game on a sharp criticism. I'll keep it simple.

Labyrinth puzzles and traps are totally against the ethos, style, and feel of the game. Running through the puzzles I just feel deflated, like why did this game suddenly revert to the console NES stuff I played in 1993. This would be fine, if it weren't forced upon us (and yes...it is by 100% all means required...people play this game to max out their character, no way they would skip the OP ascendancy points).

It seems like everyone has been forced into a mini-game, game within a game, that POE was not designed for and thus relies on imperfect systems and coordination and styling.

I had a similar distaste for the Forsaken Masters, because the Master quests were basically easy chores that people had to do (separated, not really within the normal POE game, not really "fitting" much) and do them CONSTANTLY.

Those Masters quests were just a time consuming rote exercise (like in WoW or something...."go collect 5 animal hides and return to me"). Maybe Zana quests were a (good) exception to that rule. Atleast the masters were optional, anyway. Hell, if I had done it I would just have introduced full master crafting into the existing NPCs, with no quests at all.

The labyrinth is different. But both have a feel of not really being able to integrate into what POE is.

Just my 2 cents. Thanks for the great game, and sorry for bitching.

Sorry to see you go man, I definately see 2 camps of people, those that can move their character by the mouse and those that struggle with basic movement. The basic movement camp are sadly struggling with the lab
IGN Nem:KrippsGardener
Yeah, thanks for over 2 years of fun without any breaks GGG. Think it's time to move on, no longer bitching around, I just accept that PoE isn't the 'perfect game' for me any longer. Not just the lab, the whole direction isn't mine... nvm for each player leaving there is a new one and Charan will always stay by your side :)

I think I'll give PoE another try when The Goddess Unleashed is finally uncovered, just for the lol'z. Wish everyone a lot of fun and please everyone... beware of goetzjam :D

Peace,

-kcstar-
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
Hey, I didn't buy any Ascendancy packs. And I've rage quit before.

... But fuck I love the Labyrinth, it's true. -_-
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I remembered when one moder remade Titan Quest labirint map into proper maze.
He removed mini map, you still could use WP but thig with the labirinth he made it that it change evry time you start new game, moving certein debrish to open close passages.
It whas realy intresting chalange to actaly pay attenntion to the map insted of of map owerlay.
WP wher wisible in map but you never could tell how to reach them but that whas a short tearm goal until you finaly finde boss room.

Ther where no traps, just pure labirint is trap by its self, the point of it whas to chalange you and trap you not kill you directly.
What we got here is something difrent and people geting to mach focused on traps insted of labirinth.
If one person could make one map so infinetly complex and changing 10 years ago, idk whay GGG could not learn form them.

I expect this labirith to be just a noob level of whats to come in some maps and future expansions. People face roling this game for to long and forget to have fun.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Mar 5, 2016, 8:55:09 AM
If they don't add some kind of dc protection I'll be forced to quit even though I want to play so bad lol..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info