Atrocious Stability of Labyrinth + reset instance on logout = fun

Yeah. Something that crashes an average of 4 times per hour should REEEALLY not be a one-go thing. I've still yet to complete the labyrinth on ONE character because of crashing/dc at various points.

Good thing that I came to this update prepared for the fact that GGG are excellent at one thing and one thing only: bringing failure to such a new level that it makes their past failures seem like brilliance.
Still waiting for GGG to admit that they made mistakes and actually work on fixing them.

You'll find me when pigs start flying.
Last bumped on Mar 4, 2016, 11:18:25 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"

Good thing that I came to this update prepared for the fact that GGG are excellent at one thing and one thing only: bringing failure to such a new level that it makes their past failures seem like brilliance.

So quit already.

I empathise with the crashing -- that's a thing. That's going to be a thing. Someone, somewhere, crashing. Sorry it was you. But you should know it's not everyone. If it were, THEN GGG would be utter failures. Unfortunately, we know for a fact that lots of people are doing just fine. For them, GGG are a success.

So stop applying your personal experience to the overall. No one's buying that. And I don't believe you're stupid enough to really believe what you've typed.

Sure, you're frustrated. Shit, I had to download the whole client again. I haven't even logged onto Ascendancy once yet. That's no call to go exaggerating and blowing shit way out of proportion. GGG make mistakes. Lots of them.

But they are still a success on a scale I doubt either or I will ever achieve in our lifetimes. Deal with it.

PS The irony of your signature is spectacular.

PPS your character roster is hilarious. Those names. GGGPullsMeInAgain. GettingBoredAgain. Blah blah blah. And they're all level 80+. Yeah, not sure how the fuck GGG 'failed' if they keep sucking even a bitter individual like you back in. ROFL.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 4, 2016, 8:12:46 PM
"
"

So quit already.

I empathise with the crashing -- that's a thing. That's going to be a thing. Someone, somewhere, crashing. Sorry it was you. But you should know it's not everyone. If it were, THEN GGG would be utter failures. Unfortunately, we know for a fact that lots of people are doing just fine. For them, GGG are a success.

So stop applying your personal experience to the overall. No one's buying that. And I don't believe you're stupid enough to really believe what you've typed.

Sure, you're frustrated. Shit, I had to download the whole client again. I haven't even logged onto Ascendancy once yet. That's no call to go exaggerating and blowing shit way out of proportion. GGG make mistakes. Lots of them.

But they are still a success on a scale I doubt either or I will ever achieve in our lifetimes. Deal with it.

PS The irony of your signature is spectacular.

PPS your character roster is hilarious. Those names. GGGPullsMeInAgain. GettingBoredAgain. Blah blah blah. And they're all level 80+. Yeah, not sure how the fuck GGG 'failed' if they keep sucking even a bitter individual like you back in. ROFL.

You've got a serious case of ad hominem going here my man. I suggest you stop, you should really know better. Practice what you preach and all that, since as you said, you are also frustrated and it shows.

There is no irony in my sig at all, since I don't suffer from that. That said, even though I am frustrated, it is a frustration born of GGG failing to deliver repeatedly in these past few updates, sweeping well known issues under the rug with new, flashy features that distract and misdirect. Investing a little bit into optimisation really can't have been that hard, but the problem is that it doesn't reel in the cash, and I guess that's where my problem lies. GGG have become a company through and through, and they only care about milking wallets. And thus I use my two voices (wallet and forums) as best I can to make them aware of my frustration, and hope others do the same. Because trust me, you would see supporter titles below my name if I really believed GGG deserved them.
Still waiting for GGG to admit that they made mistakes and actually work on fixing them.

You'll find me when pigs start flying.
You're slowly approaching rationality. Congrats.

And don't confuse my gleefully blunt dismissal of your impotent hyperbole for 'frustration over game problems'. I've been playing Ascendancy on alpha for a while. I'm lucky. I know what I'm missing, which is in this case much easier than not-knowing. When it's done DLing, I might play. Might not. Sort of into Dragon's Dogma right now.

See? No screaming, no calling GGG the worst thing on the planet. Just calm acceptance that shit happens and that I know they're still working their arses off down there in Auckland to provide a game that is absolutely a success despite missteps and fuckups.

Believe it or not, they didn't make the game just for you. If something goes wrong technically that hasn't happened to everyone else as well, it's sort of on you to investigate why. This is why we have tech support boards.

But I get the feeling you didn't really want to look for help. You just wanted to have a bit of a tantrum, maybe get a nice shit-on-GGG thread going. May still happen, but I figured I'd get in some objectivity before that just to make sure *some* semblance of balance could be maintained here.

Hope your tech issues resolve, one way or another.

XXOO

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I managed to clear normal labyrinth before shit hit the fan. Now I'm stuck on an endless loop of instance crashes and continuous minipatches.

Sigh. Better to leave rest of the labyrinths for when GGG gets their shit together.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
"
I managed to clear normal labyrinth before shit hit the fan. Now I'm stuck on an endless loop of instance crashes and continuous minipatches.

Sigh. Better to leave rest of the labyrinths for when GGG gets their shit together.

Same here. Got some funky enchant on the gloves and managed to get the first 2 ascended skillpoints.

Now though my best bet is to try again in 10 hours or so, when everything has stabilized.

Peace,

-Labirinto-
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
Wauw. Really. There will be stability issues within the first 12 hours of a 3 month league -.- Just relax mate. Relax :)
"
That's going to be a thing. Someone, somewhere, crashing. Sorry it was you. But you should know it's not everyone. If it were, THEN GGG would be utter failures. Unfortunately, we know for a fact that lots of people are doing just fine. For them, GGG are a success.

And, I'm guessing, for you, since you likely haven't been trying to play.

Server stability is at an all-time low. Even the launch of Awakening never got this bad. A lot of folk have just giving on on playing tonight. I wonder how many will forget to try again later?

Your rush to attack others and go "GGG are a success" come off as pretty blatant white-knighting to deflect from a real issue: this was a relatively botched launch.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
That's going to be a thing. Someone, somewhere, crashing. Sorry it was you. But you should know it's not everyone. If it were, THEN GGG would be utter failures. Unfortunately, we know for a fact that lots of people are doing just fine. For them, GGG are a success.

And, I'm guessing, for you, since you likely haven't been trying to play.

Server stability is at an all-time low. Even the launch of Awakening never got this bad. A lot of folk have just giving on on playing tonight. I wonder how many will forget to try again later?

Your rush to attack others and go "GGG are a success" come off as pretty blatant white-knighting to deflect from a real issue: this was a relatively botched launch.

Botched only because, as usual, GGG underestimated the game's popularity and their servers went kaboom.

If that's a 'botched launch', then I wish them many more botches in the future. :P

Only someone gaming in a cave could look at this launch and consider it 'relatively' botched in relation to some of the grand fuckups we've seen by other, much larger, wealthier publishers and developers out there. Which, relatively, makes this a success. Hell, even in GGG's history there have been much bigger disasters. The CDN kerfuffle of August 2013 kept some people from playing for *days*.

As for the white-knight shit? Are you new? No you're not. You know I've made plenty of posts attacking GGG left, right and centre over any number of issues. I'm just saying that just because you're having crashes doesn't mean GGG 'fail at everything except failing'. Puh-lease. A little level-headedness, yes?

"
Botched only because, as usual, GGG underestimated the game's popularity and their servers went kaboom.

If that's a 'botched launch', then I wish them many more botches in the future. :P

Or, they could've tried to see about temporary expansion of server capacity for the first 12-24 hours, to handle the much higher load. Launches like these are the result of very poor planning.

"Underestimation" is a euphemism in here; often it means that little to no estimation was actually made, or if such an estimate was made, there wasn't any empirical data to back it up. We live in the age of Big Data, so any time any business fails to try to find and heed real data, failure is going to follow.

"
Only someone gaming in a cave could look at this launch and consider it 'relatively' botched in relation to some of the grand fuckups we've seen by other, much larger, wealthier publishers and developers out there. Which, relatively, makes this a success.

Two wrongs don't make a right; just because D3 (I'll just call the elephant in the room like it is) managed to be the poster child for failing to use any data at all for their launch doesn't excuse others.

D3's launch was abysmal because they KNEW they sold several million pre-order and reserve copies, yet did not bother to secure the infrastructure that they would all require. It's akin to an entity like a city or university issuing thousands of new parking permits, but not bothering to build enough parking spaces for those permits to actually be used.

If GGG actually knew how to handle a launch (it's clear that they're still in the early "starting to learn about it" phase) they would've been able to model and predict how the game's load would work during the first 24 hours, and first week, and could've planned accordingly. And since they knew the day and time they'd be launching Ascendancy, they would've certainly been able to plan well in advance, and perhaps, say, made a rental/sharing agreement to temporarily have far more than their normal level of hardware assets to handle the temporary extra load, releasing them to go back to their normal server capacity.

Instead, we had incremental increases to PERMANENT server capacity, which was woefully inadequate to handle a launch rush.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info