Ice Trap

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last edited by Jess_GGG on Jun 7, 2018, 10:50:14 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2018, 10:50:36 PM
ok that is my second time making this ice trapper build, everything was fine until i died on my shockwave totem and decided to go traps. on my first ice trapper whenever i get near boxes was lagging just like everyone else and sometimes my computer would reboot due to overheatin (mind you , this wasnt happening at all on the shockwave totem) and then i was fighting this unique trio bosses from the box on tropical island map spamming ice traps with chain reaction from saboteur and my computer reboots making me loose my char. A few hours later goes in the patch that claimed to fix all the problems with boxes. So currently im lvl 46 and was fighting oak in cruel, no box, no chain reaction yet and my computer reboots again. Never had this kind of problem before , i thought it was overheating because of the boxes but i guess im wrong, there is something with this skill that is causing my computer to behave like that, the current links are ice trap - cluster trap - trap and mine dmg - elemental focus - cold pen and added cold dmg on a tabula rasa. Tried to bring lots of details so maybe u can reproduce this and see if theres anything wrong with the skill. Sorry for the long post.
"
Exill wrote:
Never had this kind of problem before , i thought it was overheating because of the boxes but i guess im wrong, there is something with this skill that is causing my computer to behave like that, the current links are ice trap - cluster trap - trap and mine dmg - elemental focus - cold pen and added cold dmg on a tabula rasa

Overheating shouldn't happen to begin with and could only be caused by faulty bios/drivers/hardware.
Sorry if that sounds too dismissive, but if you never touched your system, most probably you just have a lot of dust that gathered over time sitting on your heatsink.

I'm using basically those same links on Ice Traps and the only times I'm lagging (actual latency spike of 300-400ms) is when I'm opening strongboxes and sometimes during Malachai's final stage (most probably for the same screen clutter problem).
Usual latency is 40-60ms with lockstep, and it goes back to normal right away.

That problem is unrelated to Ice Trap, there's simply a lot of stuff to load in a split second and it's likely never going to go away (preloading stuff client-side has always been a big no-no).
Last edited by Darkwings83 on Mar 13, 2016, 11:51:06 PM
Fun skill, but noticable fpe/performance issues when this thing blows up. Especially with multi trap or cluster
Last edited by Menacetech on Mar 14, 2016, 2:23:09 PM
As the others has said, this is a nice skill, probably the best specified trap to use nowadays, but the lagging issue is real and a total let down.

OK, sure that we want to see big explosion (more so when using multi or cluster trap), but could you make it simple, less particles (like Fire Trap)? It's a shame limiting a skill to solo play for the stupid reason that it lags the hell out of you (and everyone else) in party (this is so much the same with Discharge).
What is the base area of effect radius for Ice Trap?
seems like this one really got forgotten about with the aoe nerfs. the radius needs a massive buff, especially with the trap cooldowns it's terrible for crowd control even with cluster traps and an inc aoe gem
for all mirror items check The Forbidden Trove:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2516760
Last edited by antilev2 on Apr 24, 2017, 6:45:48 PM
I have no comments on the mechanical aspects of this skill, but I think it's one of the best-looking skills in the game. Kudos to the art team.
This gem needs a bigger base radius and +1 to radius every 4 levels like the other gems have gotten after AoE nerf :(

Used to be my favorite skill but at the moment its useless with so small AoE
I'm using Ice Trap and I wonder, what would be optimal +AoE to make sure, that I hit full pack with all traps from Cluster Traps. I could get:
20% from Saboteur passive
8% from Unstable Munitions passive
10% from Ice Trap quality
20% from Carcass Jack
10% from Divinarius

That's 68% AoE bonus. Will I also need 49% more from AoE support gem? Or 10% from another Divinarius?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info