[2.2] Flash Freeze Crit Ice Shot Ranger build - PoE - Ascendancy & Talisman league

Looking for a powerful build that clears fast and can make use of the powerful Ascendancy classes? Try this on for size.

You could view it as a cheap alternative to a 5-link Voltaxic Rift build, but that would not do it justice at all!
Do you want to freeze all the mobs on your screen and listen to the glorious sound of shattering ice? Than check out the "Flash Freeze" Crit Ice Shot Ranger.

Youtube Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqZww21fG0g

Skill Tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAJuNCC7tgxmOAF7Tfn1173r-uucKu-MKm8SieOun1PzF_sgNjaGkW6-HduHbIXZOKuOfBiOGziPTSn0V8MEzbyeS8wX5mmpeRfrrmyaNv-jWMgFRR9Qj53SyGTB851RtbM96jX1_K8jcJP02PbVI7LAj9taKOdTBSf_enarUQowLTZJv8v4dbIyEb7l8oJ9irHX9Fr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFIqC13yDkjjhA3RY0Mi6sM6KjibtYTFX7DKSm-enKSHE3cHgwl7FA==

Google Sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LgMBLRtdd_089Q45kpFTAY_IhJ7bdK-qcGoDrH7nWvo/edit#gid=0

Let me know what you think about it, and how you would improve or alter it. You could also swap Ice Shot for Lighting Arrow if you prefer shocking spectacles, but I really prefer freezing and Shattering over a light show :)
Last edited by in_your_FACE on Mar 5, 2016, 7:42:24 AM
Last bumped on Mar 11, 2016, 2:38:54 PM
"The build you are trying to load is using an old version of the passive tree and will not work" this is what it says when I try to open the skill tree
I have wanted a build like this ever since I saw frost arrow. Now to play the game longer then 1-2 runs
Last edited by iAreL33t on Mar 5, 2016, 2:16:40 AM
is arrow dancing really that good? I mean, the general problem of range / evasion builds is not projectiles, it's when they get hit into the face, and arrow dancing increases that problem...
"
DeadManWalkin wrote:
is arrow dancing really that good? I mean, the general problem of range / evasion builds is not projectiles, it's when they get hit into the face, and arrow dancing increases that problem...

I used the gem setup of this build but not following the tree. Leaning more towards the LA build of liftingbro and Mathil. No vaal pact though, gonna try to get huge life regen.
I'm not a big fan of using both GMP and Chain as they both really put a dent in your DPS. Ice Shot is already an AOE ability, so you can get decent coverage without multiple projectiles.

My Ice Shot build is quite different, but I'm getting excellent results so far this league. I use frenzy charges instead of power charges (I have 6 now, soon to be 7)

Links

Ice Shot + Phys Proj Atk Dmg + Pierce + Inc. Crit Dmg + Wpn Ele Dmg in 5L.
Frenzy + GMP + Curse on Hit + Temp Chains
Puncture + Trap + Point Blank + Phys Proj Atk Dmg (5L will add Trap and Mine Dmg)
Grace + Herald of Ash + Inc Burning Dmg + Blink Arrow
Ice Golem + Minion Life + LMP

Bandits: Oak - Oak - Kraitn

I have a 5L rare evasion chest and a 4L Chin Sol bow. I also got lucky with Cadiro and nabbed a Drillneck quiver. The rest of my gear is simple self-found stuff mostly, no other uniques. I get well over 30,000 dps with the 6 frenzy charges up and only about 43% crit chance at level 80.

I chose Deadeye Ascendancy and use Far Shot, Endless Munitions and Potent Precision. My Ice Shot only fires 2 arrows, but with pierce at 100% I get multiple explosions. Between Ice Shot's natural cold damage being able to freeze enemies, I felt that Herald of Ash would work better to finish them off by adding an AOE ignite. The Frenzy charges give me a fast attack speed + more damage + evasion (from passive node). I focused on projectile damage and crit over attack speed or elemental damage.

I haven't really messed with life leech on this build, though I have access to it if I want. I do have a small amount of life regen and am currently around 4k life. Evasion chance is up around 55%.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info