[2.2] Templar Inquisitor Crit Elemental hit wand Build guide - Failed

Important: This build is not viable. I've played quite a bit with it and tried various things but it just doesn't work out. The damage scaling of Elemental Hit is just plain bad. Using the same skills and gear with Kinetic Blast results in far greater damage even though the build is not optimised for it. Even the damage with a 6l is pathetic. (pierce + ele hit + weapon elemental damage + increased critical damage + added lightning damage)

For those who followed this guide I'm sorry that this theory crafted build didn't work out. However the skill tree can easily accommodate every type of ele damage crit build by just respecing the wand wheel on top. Im leaving this guide up so people can learn that Elemental hit still is garbage.

Hello,

I created this build in anticipation for the upcoming update and I want to share it with all off you.

Skill Tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUAAASzBjkJoA3RDkgPxBEPEZYUsBZAFr8YXRo4G8gdFCBuJpUnLyoLLR8yiTY9Oq062DsNO3w9Dz9zQktDyEbXTC1Ms08EUDBRYFVLVylX4lm8WfNboF3yYeJirGNDZlRmnmjybIxs52-EcFJxhXIPc3B35XwOfLt-WX_GgpuFfYnTi4yMNo9GkFWUb5UgmjuaYZuhnaqexJ-IogCio6a-p1WsmK3xsUK0xbjKwGbB88JzwuzFKM5wz93bXuFz44TlGe0g7-vwH_GK8wbzEfZb9uf31_nd-tL7qv8c

Ascendancy class
We obviously go with the Inquisitor. For the ascendancy nodes, we will go with Inevitable Judgement and Augury of Penitence. All three other 2 point options seem viable but Augury should make us a little bit more tanky which is most useful.

Gear
At the core of our build will be Piscator's Vigil. This wand, unlike any other wand available, possesses the highest elemental damage possible on a wand. Luckily for us, it is very cheap and widely available.

As your offhand you need a proper shield. What really works well for me is Chernobog's Pillar. More decent rare shields are hard to come by and being able to enfeeble from a distance has some merits. Overall a good shield till you eventually get a better rare one.

The next core item will be Rumis Flask. Pretty straight forward. Keep it up as often as possible as it prevents a lot of damage.

The last core item is Careful planning. We lack dexterity and placing this in the middle right at the witch tree will give us all the dexterity we need to run Elemental hit. If your gear provides already a bit dexterity stats you may replace careful planning with Brawn Crimson jewel.

This build really struggles with tankyness. Having a lightning coil or a Belly of the Beast is essential. Fortunately the prices have sunken drastically and we can get either of those pretty cheap.

As for our rings and amulet we need flat elemental damage on them. We pick up a lot of elemental damage nodes along the way making these very potent and necessary for this build. Luckily, those items are very cheap to buy too.

The two remaining jewel slots need to be filled with + % life and resistances (+ projectile damage but that is expensive). Otherwise this build ends up being to squishy.

If you feel like you are tanky enough you can skip on decent rare gloves and replace them with Winds of Change. I do not recommend it though.

Progression and leveling:
The way you level this build is fairly simple. Use Spark and flame trap for leveling. If you find yourself lacking in single target DPS just add flame totem + searing totem into the mix. Using the stone golem once you are able to makes things alot easier. As for your skill tree, grab life nodes and elemental damage first. Take the power charges and the big wand wheel once you hit around level 50. Also make sure that you always use a +1 lightning wand or scepter as this boosts your damage significantly.

Once you get close to level 65 try to complete the Labyrinth on cruel. You'll have a much easier time with Itzaro if you just take it slowly with blasphemy + enfeeble and some life leech on totems and your main damaging skill. Buying a pre-leveled elemental hit also helps a great deal.

Bandits
Life
Attack speed
Power charge

Gems:

4l

Elemental hit + Pierce + Greater Multiple projectiles + Life leech

5l
Elemental hit + Pierce + Greater Multiple projectiles + Life leech + Increased critical damage

6l
Elemental hit + Pierce + Greater Multiple projectiles + Life leech + Increased critical damage + faster attacks

What else we are running
Our main aura for generating power charges will be Blashphemy + Assassin's mark. Use clarity + blood magic for enough mana regeneration. Add Heralds for additional damage and use Blood magic for extra frenzy charges.

As for our cast on damage taken setup we use Tempest Shield and Molten shell. Both fairly obvious choices as they add a bit to our overall survivability Also make sure that you level Elemental hit as you go so you are ready to run it once you hit the necessary level.

Flasks
Reflect is of little concern to us. Since blocking can also block reflect damage we should be ok for the most part. Use two instant recovery flasks like these ones alongside Rumi's. The last two flasks can be whatever you want/need.

That it for my build Guide. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to write a comment.
Last edited by Squary on Mar 9, 2016, 7:15:33 AM
Last bumped on Mar 8, 2016, 4:43:32 PM
[Place holder]
looks interesting. Might spec my RF Templar into this one on standard to try it..
Hi! it's me again :D

One quick question if you don't mind: what are the pros/cons of Ele Hit vs the usual Kinetic Blast builds? (I mean, you think the Piscator+Ele hit damage amp will end up being higher than a well rolled ele wand, or it's just a way to make a competitive build with a much cheaper weapon?)
Last edited by Rathke on Mar 4, 2016, 9:58:32 AM
pretty simple. Piscators wand has the highest elemental damage possible on a wand for elemental hit.

Stats of elemental hit at level 20:
Fire damage: 169–314
Cold damage: 138–257
lightning damage: 27–516

The wand has at average 105% elemental damage. So basically it takes over one of those stats while using elemental hit.

that here is a calculator that with which you can check weapon dps. If you put in one of those elemental damages, it will turn out that for example, if you hit with fire the eDPS is 361.5. On lightning its 406.5 eDPS and on cold its 295.5 eDPS.
The strongest ele damage wand on standard deals 327.04 eDPS and is thus, worse and hundreds of exalts more expensive.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexileitems.us/pathofexile-weapon-dps-calculator
Spoiler

As for kinetic blast, it should be a inferior skill. Whenever you crit with elemental hit, you apply with a 100% chance an elemental status effects. Depending on with which element you hit, you get either freeze, burning or shock. Of course, shock is quite what we are going for as it boosts our damage by a 100%. Also getting a phys wand that approaches these kinds of DPS costs hundred of exalts or some even a mirror.

That is why I always considered elemental hit to be better but it never was quite enough. The way the game works is that it actively discourages the usage of more than one damage type. The damage gets reduced by all the resistances the enemy has. But now with the inquisitor tree, this will no longer be the case. With all resistances gone, the biggest concern of builds like these which deal many different kinds of damage is gone.

So in essence before the ascendancy patch elemental hit < kinetic blast. Kinetic blast was only dealing one kind of damage. Mostly physical and thus gets negated once. Elemental hit gets negated like 3 times. This won't be the case anylonger and thus elemental hit > kinetic blast.
Last edited by Squary on Mar 4, 2016, 2:54:34 PM
I hope this works out q.q

Currently at level 45... not sure how to transition into the actual build as I essentially have 0 dex. Getting the actual gear and stats to transition may take a while.
Last edited by jeffdaking on Mar 6, 2016, 4:54:42 AM
Currently making a Elemental hit build as well, but with elementalist and focusing less on crit, but taking the elemental overload.

How do you think the builds compare?

Looking at your tree, your crit rate is going to be very low, as you haven't specced at all into accuracy
Last edited by Fruglemonkey on Mar 6, 2016, 5:44:50 AM
"
Fruglemonkey wrote:
Currently making a Elemental hit build as well, but with elementalist and focusing less on crit, but taking the elemental overload.

How do you think the builds compare?

Looking at your tree, your crit rate is going to be very low, as you haven't specced at all into accuracy

i came to the conclusion that the elementalist is not as good as the inquisitor. I actually started theory crafting this build on a elementalist myself. Anyway, accuracy isn't much of a problem as of yet and my crit chance is at about 60% without assassins mark aura.

As for my accuracy, its at 85% at level 66 right now. If it becomes necessary to upgrade it, there are skill notes at a very close distance available for pick up. But keep in mind that this is on going. Im still leveling the entire thing.
Dude it's 2016,take jewels sockets 2 points away in your final build, always.

(you embarass yourself really hard even if the concept is cool)
"
galuf wrote:
Dude it's 2016,take jewels sockets 2 points away in your final build, always.

(you embarass yourself really hard even if the concept is cool)

It is a bit more difficult than you think in that regard. It's somewhat of a value struggle, you know? The jewels that would justify spending 2 points on are more on the expensive side of things.

You'd need projectile damage and life and some other useful stats to justify it. Those are pretty expensive as you can guess. Now the problem is that in this kind of build projectile damage is worse than elemental damage. You can get about 20-24% elemental damage in 2 points compared to the 8-12% per jewel slot. While tankyness wasn't a concern of mine when creating this build. It has become one now.

While playing it i realized that due to the stat combinations that are required to make it really work well (im gonna update that all tomorrow) you struggle for life a lot.
So in the end, i rearranged some points here and there to accomodate jewel slots to make up for the lack of tankyness.

Those "revelations" are only obvious once you actually try hard to make this work.

Last edited by Squary on Mar 6, 2016, 2:04:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info