[2.1] HeaT's HC Blade Inferno (RF + BV) Build Guide

Hardcore Talisman Build - Blade Inferno Build Guide - RF + BV

The last build that I used in the Hardcore Talisman league which reached level 90 that I call Blade Inferno and is essentially a Righteous Fire with Blade Vortex supported by Iron Will. This build was created quite quickly and I didn’t give much thought to min maxing and some of my gear is probably not optimized, but I hope this idea will give you some inspiration and different perspectives into build possibility.

If some of you are planning on playing this build in Ascendancy I would suggest the Chieftain as it should provide strong defense and offense options in addition to opening up the build a little more with the possibility of having the option of not using Rise of the Phoenix. I could see it also being played with Juggernaut.

Pros and Cons

Pros
+Atziri Viable
+Good defenses
+Nice damage
+Not too expensive
+Fairly easy to use and understand
+Shield charge is hilarious?
+Works well in parties
+Very high fire res

Cons
-Thorns is EXTREMELY dangerous
-Spell caster build that plays in melee range
-AOE is small on both spells
-Boss fights against bosses who do a lot of damage are tricky
-Has issues with a lot of map mods, no regen, less regen, reflect, vulnerability

Stat Sheets

Defense

Offense

Gear & Links

General Info
Because BV is supported by Iron Will you should try to get as much strength on your gear as possible.

Helm

Aim for high life, armor, res. Alternatively you could experiment with Black Sun Crest. Standard CWDT in the helm.

Weapon

Probably best in slot. Randomly leveling gems. You should probably use a 3 link set up that makes use of the built in lvl 30 iron will.

Ring 1

Strength, life, res. I rolled mana regeneration because BV has high cost and I was having trouble sustaining.

Gloves

Bad base on the gloves because it has ES which adds to the amount of damage you take from RF. Aim for pure armor with life, strength, res and anything else you might need. I ran my 4 link RF in these gloves and as of right now these are the only links that work with RF.

Chest

High armor, life, res. Preferably you would probably want to run something that gives you better defenses mechanically like lightning coil, but I couldn't afford a 6L coil. Carcass Jack is an alternative if you want more dps.

Belt

Belt has a wasted mod and low life. You could use rustic or heavy, both should have high life, strength, res.

Ammy

This amulet is defense heavy and doesn't have strength. You have a lot of other options, spell damage, strength, cast speed.

Ring 2

Not ideal, should be looking for strength, high life, res. I used dex here because BV has high dex requirement.

Boots

Blood Dance are optional, but I thought it had nice synergies. You could use a pair of rare armor boots or even Alberon's Warpath.

Shield

Best in slot, because it mitigates RF damage so much. HOWEVER, with Ascendancy classes, you might be able to have enough life regen to bypass this shield, in which case seek a shield with very high armor and life.

Flasks

Flasks are pretty straight forward. If you can afford it use Taste of Hate over Atziri's Promise. Personally in Ascendancy I would definitely use a quartz flask with this build.

Jewels

The general theme is damage that applies to both spells (area) and % max life.

Skill Tree

http://tinyurl.com/zumqxev

Bandits
-Oak
-Kill
-Kraityn

you can catch me on:
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
Last edited by HeaT1 on Mar 9, 2016, 10:40:44 AM
Last bumped on Mar 6, 2016, 6:15:23 PM
ty for this build, I was looking for a good and strong build to start perandus, and a good blade vortex build too :D This build will definitly be my choice for Perandus :)

thank you very much,
aRB
Finished the guide. Good luck in Ascendancy everyone!

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
Awesome build. Thx
Last edited by Bagindo4ka on Mar 6, 2016, 6:16:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info