// Ascendency // Occultist blade vortex CI tank (2.2 three)

Hi everyone, I'm glad to present you my last thoughts.

I'm planning to start the perandus league with an Occultist (https://www.pathofexile.com/ascendancy/classes/Occultist), CI blade vortex, I will play it HC so I tried to build it as tanky as possible. Here's the three I thought about (ty guys for contribution) (99 points skill three) :

http://hpics.li/6ae5d06

Bandits would be : point / cast speed or point / power charge

I would take Wicked ward, vile bastion and Forbidden power on the occultist three. The 10 % chance to get a power charge on crit will give free power charges since blade vortex does thousands of iterations.

I purpose of the build is to do tons of damage and to leech life with ghost reaver and vaal pact.

What do you guys think about it? Would it be viable for my first caracter in perandus?

Have a nice day,
aRB

Last edited by arandombiitch on Mar 2, 2016, 4:42:17 AM
I'd consider taking assassination in shadow sub-tree, with 45% added crit multi it adds shitloads of damage.

Regarding witch's ascendancy tree, have you considered skipping vile bastion and taking wicked ward, profane bloom and forbidden power?

I'm planning something similar, here's my tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAR8rfiukCS64bJdlbbRmX9CL0EVBSU2wLNbmXlT1fkyenK0yzf8Ygbq6zEZZQMEGWDkgHHtteBULQ9V3ylS4RDyycKwoqC_DVrJgRL3BSSVGP-vfX62Pr9ewY0NBcQIRItUjDCSy_X2pca21suZMV18NtD6vndPIdhq4ki-jW2xpWY8M6BbUQe5u1BnC-Ol-whMVOn8pKen9vnlFMgwmsR0ZxfVu0DCpN6ro_Jw18NApfmFfJN2ZZbSj6LKbPMoLHkNYdvjOHA-4=

The biggest difference is that I'm taking the minor node 'chance to poison', which gives me 10% to poison on hit. Since spells hit and BV hits so often, it should stack pretty fast. Gonna give it a try.

Also, I'm going to play SC. Anyway, I'm getting 253% increased ES. That should result in lots of ES. If I need more, I can always take 'ES on shield' node which gives me 40% increased ES from shield. Otherwise, I'll probably dual-wield daggers for crits...

EDIT: Later on there are some easy to take crazy flask-extensions :)
Last edited by aldurien on Mar 1, 2016, 4:18:13 PM
hum your Three got very interesting things and I have to say it's better than mine, mine got a little more defense but yours got the huge skill duration under the scion.

About the poison damage and the 10% chance to poison I don't really know what to think about it, what damage does it do? Is it really important (like 10, 20% more damage?). I have to say that I don't know what to think about that.

I'm planning the build on the 2.2 three at the moment. Got a decent 99 points build mixing both threes (http://hpics.li/6ae5d06
)

I think I'm gonna try this for perandus HC, we'll see :) ty for the help mate !
aRB
Last edited by arandombiitch on Mar 1, 2016, 5:44:12 PM
You should really try and fit the Flask nodes near Witch and Ranger in to your build, cos the % Phys Vinktar's flask is really strong for this build. Also try and get the Duration nodes near Scion :)
"
Terminalz wrote:
You should really try and fit the Flask nodes near Witch and Ranger in to your build, cos the % Phys Vinktar's flask is really strong for this build. Also try and get the Duration nodes near Scion :)

hep ty for the support :) as you can see on my second post I post a 2.2 three with the scion increased duration, I'll try to include the flask nodes for vinktar, if I got one I'll swap my build to this new one yep.

So we'll need 2 seperate builds, one if you got vinktar, one without it.
Which spells do you think would be best for this?
What gear would you guys recommend?

Armor: ES/EV with high ES/pure ES. Atziri's splendour is also an option.
Helmet: The vertex. For its high EV and ES. +1 is also nice. Alternatively, a rare with high ES and res would do.
Gloves: Maligaro's or rare ones.
Boots: Rares with res. If you decide for flask nodes and to use Rumi's Concoction, Rainbowstrides will be nice too. Skyforths are an expensive option that allows us to drop chayula.
Belt: Rare rustic sash with res / flask mods. Physical Doryani's Invitation is also an option for constant leech.
Rings: Rares with res, mana regen, cast speed. Rarity is bonus.
Ammy: Chayula. Alternatively you could take Heart of oak / Practical Application / Nimbleness and see if that's enough. That allows you to go with a rare one.
Weapon: crit / crit mult / spell dmg / mana regen dagger
Second hand: second rare dagger / divinarius / high es shield
2h-setup: The Harvest for crazy life-leech and flask-charge generation

Jewels: Cast speed / damage / phys damage.

Auras: discipline/hatred, mid-lvl-clarity, blasphemy + warlords mark. Choose between hatred and discipline.
It could be possible to run discipline+hatred+clarity and using a second setup of blade vortex:
blade vortex + curse on hit + warlords mark (+inc aoe)

Bandits: point, phys dmg, power charge.

Regarding the 10% chance to poison, it's an experiment. If it fails I'll respec that into more phys dmg / ES / flasks.

GEM SETUP:
Blade vortex:
4L:
BV + Inc dur + Echo + Controlled Destruction
OR
BV + Life leech + Echo + Controlled Destruction

5L/6L:
Add increased duration/life leech/increased aoe/conc effect.
One can swap inc aoe for conc effect on bosses.

I'm still figuring out what other gems to use. It's possible that I'll need level ~10 clarity.
Boots: Inc duration + vaal haste + 2x vaal grace
Gloves: CWDT + temporal chains + blind + ek
Helmet: hatred + clarity + discipline + enlighten

1h: BV + curse on hit + warlord's mark
1h: I don't know yet :)

EDIT: Maybe It's worth trying the poison gem instead of inc dur/controlled destruction later on.
EDIT2: Eye of chayula is a must.
Last edited by aldurien on Mar 2, 2016, 12:40:46 PM
Hey, I'm going HC so I'll try the full tank option for my gear :)

Chest : High ES or Atziri splendour if possible
Head : Vertex or high ES
Gloves : I don't really know.. I'm looking for a defensive option here
Belt : high ES or rustic sash
Boots : Rainbowstride I guess
Ammy : chayula
Weap : Dagger with crit spell
Off hand : 300+ ES shield

I think I'll start with that stuff and we'll see later the upgrades I can afford too :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info