[2.2] "Conan the Barista" 2H RT Sword Chieftain by fiqst

Work in Progress, will update once Ascendancy goes live

"
About

This build weakens the resistances of surrounding individuals before unleashing hot fury down their throats, much like what a barista does.

The aim is to maximise all things fire damage and fire resistance penetration to inflict maximum damage way past what is perceived from the tooltip.

We use the Pyre ring to convert all cold damage to fire, which includes Hatred and Taste of Hate, and combines them all to inflict the maximum fire damage possible.

Using a dual curse on hit AoE flicker strike, we combine Elemental Weakness and Flammability to effectively lower enemy resistance by 86%, and makes even the toughest of fire resisted enemies drop down to negative fire resistance. In addition, we use the fire penetration gem to further inflict infernal devastation.

The after effects of the HoA proliferated burn is increased by 130% extra burn damage modifiers, as well as a plethora of elemental and area damage modifiers. All of this damage is piled on top of dual cursed mobs with negative fire resistance.

Defense consists of Iron Reflexes and Unwavering stance, with around 174% increased armour from the tree and the Chieftain node, Tawhoa.

"
Ascendancy Subclass

10% fire penetration, on top of the triple-penetration.
20% phys as fire, and together with the added fire gem and Doomsower, totals 74% added fire damage
35% extra HoA burn damage
1% fire life leech

plus!
40% armour
10% resists
10% STR
10% reduced mana costs

"
Character Sheet

Soon...

"
Current Gear

Doomsower
Devoto's devotion
Windscream
Pyre

Gem Groupings

6L:

ice crash RRRRGB
mpd
added fire
fire pen
fa
inc aoe/ conc

cleave RRRRRG
mpd
multi
added fire
fire pen
fa

5l+1:

RGBBB+R
flicker
splash
coh
ele weakness
flammability
+ flame golem

3x 4L:

RGBB
Hoa
ele pro
hatred
elight

RRRG
cwdt
ic
inc dur
br

RRRG
leap slam
fa
bm
fortify

"
Tree

Proposed 109 point tree

"
Videos

Soon...

"
Notes

Flicker cursing

GRBBB

Flicker Strike
Melee Splash
Curse on Hit
Elemental Weakness
Flammability

I use flicker to instantly teleport to within melee range of a target, cursing every mob in the vicinity before immediately unleashing the main attack.

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on Feb 28, 2016, 9:10:30 PM
Last bumped on Mar 7, 2016, 3:31:52 PM
reserved
reserved
Subscribed : Coffee + Barbarian = fun to me, gl with the build :)

Edit : Good job he's not called 'Colon The Barbarian' ... hot coffee down their throats is one thing but used for colonic irrigation makes my eyes water just thinking about it ...
Hey dude im going to follow your build could you update the tree just for starting out pls:) thx
Sorry, i have a few builds that needed updating before i could work in this one. Each of them requiring lab runs so things are a little slow.

I'll get to this asap
Last edited by fiqst on Mar 5, 2016, 2:40:28 AM
Thanks for the update!
I'm currently running sweep on this. I remember old build had cleave and then later ice crash... Wondering how sweep compares since swords got added for sweep.

Also, I'm not really sure what to use for single target.

Looking forward to the update! Thanks again
"
fiqst wrote:
Sorry, i have a few builds that needed updating before i could work in this one. Each of them requiring lab runs so things are a little slow.

I'll get to this asap

sure np:) just the Proposed 109 point tree is outdated... would be great if we could see:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info