[2.2] SC Trickster / ED-Contagion-Aby Life/ES Hybrid Shadow - Theory

Hi all, that's my first theorycraft and my very first attempt to reach high map tier and high levels (stuck at 85-87), so don't judge me if i say something wrong, keep calm and, if you can, help me improving myself.
Maybe there are some builds that look similar to this one, but i tried to do my best alone.

EXPLANATION

This is a SC build, HC isn't my target.
As the title says, i want to try the new Shadow Trickster ascendancy class (in the spoiler ahead) with chaos skills like Essence Drain, Contagion, Wither, Abyssal Cry, auras and Whirling Blades as movement skill, taking the following ascendancy passives:

- Walk the Aether : wow, free movement skill and gg buff after it to cast speed, i like it very much.

- Patient Reaper : as i'm doing a dot based caster this is very good one, 30% DoT and nice recoveries.

- Weave the Arcane : this is probably the last i'll take and the only one that leaves me doubts, but i think it's better than Swift Killer and Ghost Dance for this build

Spoiler
http://puu.sh/nkfH3/3457b22685.jpg

TREE

The passive tree should be like this:

End 119 Pts
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_D6u00SaVJIvIDGHiwzp2gongGYqbtSLqtUjmWJcG-wmExejW62OTH8Si9toFtREvAx5JE7vjGo8GcCsKH0H-uk6fXfJ6fw5IEZa3MH_GBx4UCZMnlS4Tbb6KbAvviPDVJoihLyL0-TeP-klRbRnXz-wYXECX9Aj0SbFwu4fLUlPAVNkTp5uXlT1fakMvb3WeTLPPFdAfBAfv6-vkg9tfKlXGOlismPfXUq-boa1Ku02PRhhqZ_zdX6cIHRR4L-vu-tJ85ZrgHNwWb1gHRZ2PGiSq42pTUjbpFy9k51XWgKR9dQ==

Start taking some good chaos damage, hp and the first mana reduction node, going up and down from Coordination. At the right of the mana reserved node there's a Poison node, but i start taking it around level 29, because of the level requirements of the support gem, so just get close to it. Back to Coordination, get Entropy, Fangs of the Viper, and Sniper. When i'm close to level 30, back to Poison node and spec it.

36 Pts
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_D6u00SaVJIvIDGHiwzp2gongGYoi6rVI5liXBvsJ6NbrY5MfxKL22gW1Ax5JExqPH0G74_66BnBOn3p_

A lot of chaos damage.

59 Pts
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_D6u00SaVJIvIDGHiwzp2gongGYoi6rVI5liXBvsJ6NbrY5MfxKL22gW1ES8DHkkTu-MajwZwKwofQf66Tp9d8np_Dki3MBQJE20miBGWBx6VLvDVSVGP-lxAh8unm3WezxXsGHC72RMvbw==

Witch area. Some life, mana, another bunch of chaos/area damage and the 2nd curse

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_D6u00SaVJIvIDGHiwzp2gongGYoi6rVI5liXBvsJ6NbrY5MfxKL22gW1ES8DHkkTu-MajwZwKwofQf66Tp9d8np_DkgRlrcwf8YHHhQJkyeVLhNtbAvviPDVJogi9Pk3j_pJUW0Z18_sGFxAl_QI9EmxcLuHy1JTwFTZE6ebl5U9X2pDL291nkyzzxUEB-vkg9tfKlXGOlismPfXUq-boa1Ku00Yamf83V94L3zlWAc=

Then go till the end.
I took so many reserve mana because i won't run clarity and a large mana pool will last longer even without it, in addition to the recoveries granted by ascendancy passives.

SKILLS

- The Essence Drain - Contagion combo

I love this spellcombo.

Essence Drain - Void Manipulation - Rapid Decay - Controlled Destruction - Poison - SlowerProj/Empower

Contagion - Inc AoE - Faster Cast - **This slot should be reserved for Abyssal Cry**

1. Group up some mobs
2. Stack Contagion to the nearest pack
3. Shoot ED to the contamined
4. Watch the world burn

- Wither

Don't like to spam it by myself, so a bit of selfcasting is needed.
Anyway, i think, this is really useful while fighting Uniques and Bosses.

Spell Totem - Wither - Faster Cast

Cast it before Contagion/ED.

- Adding some Explosions

Contagion - Inc AoE - Faster Cast - Abyssal Cry

Linking Abyssal Cry with Contagion's supports helps to use less sockets.

Those purple explosions everywhere. Love it, really love it.
This changes the ED/Contagion combo.
1. Cast ED
2. Whirl into packs
3. Cry
4. Purple Fireworks

- Auras

Blasphemy - Temporal Chains - Enfeeble

Temporal Chains is a great curse to get on an enemy because it increases by 40% the duration of ED and Contagion. 10/10 would TempChains again.
Enfeeble is just to take less damage.

Arctic Armour

Nice slow and some reduction.

I won't run Clarity, i think a mana pot it's enough until Weave the Arcane and some nodes.

CWDT

CWDT - Stone/Chaos Totem - Portal

Golem dies too fast, but it's a great decoy, so selfspam.
I think Portal is always good.

Whirling Blades

Can't think about anything else than free movement skill.

Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks

FAST GEMS RECAP

Chest: Essence Drain - Void Manipulation - Rapid Decay - Controlled Destruction - Poison - SlowerProj/Empower

Helm: Contagion - Inc AoE - Faster Cast - Abyssal Cry

Dagger: Spell Totem - Wither - Faster Cast

Shield: Blasphemy - Temporal Chains - Enfeeble

Gloves: CWDT - Stone/Chaos Totem - Portal + Artic Armour

Boots: Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks

I have at least 2 free sockets, i can put another aura, but i'm not sure about which one and if it is really needed.
- Grace
- Discipline

GEARING

Dagger

- Spell Damage
- Cast Speed
- Mana Regen
- Projectile Speed

Shield
A Spirit Shield
- Spell Damage
- Life
- Res
- Mana

Or a better dagger with high spell damage if it looks pretty.

Helm
Good ES helm
- Res
- Life
- Mana

Chest
I'm linking BBGGG G/R a good one should have ES/Evasion. Carnal Armour/Sadist Garb looks good.
- Life
- Res
- ES

Gloves
Hybrid EV/ES or pure ES
- Life
- Res
- Mana

Boots
Hybrid EV/ES or pure ES
- Life
- Mana
- Resist
- Movement Speed

I don't think movement speed is required that much after getting free movement skill.

Belt
Leather Belt/Chain Belt
- Life
- Res
- ES

Rings
- Life
- Res
- Mana Regen

Amulet
A Tier1 Deadhand Talisman 28/30 Chaos Damage with
- Spell damage
- Res (if not maxed yet)
- Life
- Mana Regen

Jewels
i got 4 jewel socket, good to know
- Chaos Damage
- Spell Damage
- Damage Over Time
- Area Damage
- Life

BANDITS

OAK - Life is good, more than res and mana. Passive viable, but life is better.

Passive - As i don't really need cast speed, passive is the one which help me.

Passive - Don't need charges.

Working on a good leveling progression based on contagion/ed asap.

That's all for now, suggestions? questions?
I like theorycrafting and will go deeper on it, even on tooltips.
Last edited by edov93 on Feb 25, 2016, 11:42:33 AM
Last bumped on Apr 6, 2016, 2:09:38 PM
Reserved
This looks solid.... Of ALL the things to try I'm down to two builds. This or Phox's ice trapper... What one do you think would be a better starter , in terms of new start gearing and clear speed ect......
Tree didn't work ;c
Can you please update the passive trees so I can take a look??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info