[Data] Divination Card results from low-tier map farming

I feel that a few words of introduction are needed.
First and foremost – keep in mind that these results might be quite far from the truth. I’m no scholar when it comes to statistical analysis, in fact, I know next to nothing about this or any closely related subjects. Therefore, I have no clue how big of a sample size I would need for the results to be even close to reliable, but I’m assuming that number is NOT 42, which is the average number of runs I did for of those maps.
Please do not consider the data below accurate or precise – I never intended it to be. Instead, I want these results to serve as an indication of how much grind (and/or suffering) you, as a player, will have to put yourself through to acquire a given Divination Card (or the whole set, depending on your goal).

Notable information:
- The average IIQ from maps was ~65%. My character had 80% IIQ from gear. It’s worth noting that the number of drops from chests/breakable objects is not increased by player’s IIQ. Also, some diminishing returns might apply (correct me if I’m wrong);
- The sample size is larger for some maps than others. I was somewhat biased as to which maps I’d be running most, e.g. I knew I’d be needing lots and lots of regret orbs for Ascendancy, so I focused on Temple map;
- Maps were cleared so that <20 monsters were remaining in that area – that is, unless there were hidden monsters in the map. Any lootable containers encountered were opened/destroyed;
- No paid Zana map mods were crafted onto any of the maps;
- I’m using ZiggyD’s loot filter which has an item filter sound for Divination Cards.

Now that all this is out of the way, I can finally proceed to showing you the
Results

General

Maps cleared: 924
Total cards dropped: 918 (~0,993 per map)
The Gambler cards dropped: 196 (0,21/map; 24 maps/set)
Her Mask cards dropped: 369 (0,4/map; 10 maps/set)
Anarchy’s Price card dropped: 4
Jeweller’s Stronboxes opened:44; Hubris cards dropped: 2
Armourer’s Strongoxes opened: 30; The Body cards dropped: 3
Gemcutter’s Strongboxes opened: 20; The Gemcutter cards dropped: 13
Cartographer’s Strongboxes opened: 7;The Cartographer cards dropped: 1
Bameth, Shifting Darkness kills: 2 The lord in black cards dropped: 0
Zana Missions completed: 24; Lost worlds cards: 1

Tier 1

Tier 1 maps cleared: 205
Hope cards dropped: 0
Crypt: 50; The Celestial Justicar cards dropped: 5 (0,1/map; 60 maps/set)
Dunes: 25; Earth Drinker cards dropped: 1 (0,04/map; 125 maps/set)
Pit: 20; The Gladiator cards dropped: 2 (0,1/map; 60 maps/set); The King's Blade cards dropped: 45 (2,25/map; 2,2 maps/set); The Arena Champion cards dropped: 0
Dungeon: 20; The Warden cards dropped: 12 (0,6/map; 6,7 maps/set); The Summoner cards dropped: 4 (0,2/map; 30 maps/set)
Tropical Island: 40; Flora's Gift cards dropped: 42 (1,05/map; 4,8 maps/set); The Pack Leader cards dropped: 0
Grotto: 50; Treasure Hunter cards dropped: 4 (0,08/map; 87,5 maps/set); Hunter's Reward cards dropped: 0

Tier 2

Thicket:20; The Explorer cards dropped: 0
Arcade: 12; Assasin's Favour cards dropped: 0; The Poet cards dropped: 0
Channel: 20; Humility cards dropped: 7 (0,35/map; 25,7 maps/set)

Tier3

Vaal Pyramid: 62; The Inventor cards dropped: 13 (0,21/map; 28,6 maps/set)

Tier 4

Promenade: 45; Gemcutter's Promise cards dropped: 12 (0,27/map; 11 maps/set); The Traitor cards dropped: 5 (0,11/map; 45 maps/set)
Phantasmagoria: 50; The Hunger cards dropped: 1; The Surveyor cards dropped: 3 (0,06/map; 67 maps/set)
Overgrown shrine: 20; The Sigil cards dropped: 7 (0,35/map; 8,6 maps/set); The Artist cards dropped:0
Shore: 30; The Inoculated cards dropped: 4 (0,13/map; 30 maps/set); Prosperity cards dropped: 15 (0,5/map; 20 maps/set)

Tier 5

Underground Sea: 60; The Wolf's Shadow cards dropped: 20 (0,33/map; 9 maps/set); Treasure Hunter cards dropped: 2 (0,03/map; 233 maps/set)
Pier: 60; Lucky Connections cards dropped: 5 (0,08/map; 87 maps/set)
Graveyard: 10; The Lover cards dropped: 20 (2/map; 1 map/set); The Siren cards dropped: 0
Coves: 60; Scholar of The Seas cards dropped: 16 (0,27/map; 26 maps/set); The Vast cards dropped: 0; The Mercenary cards dropped: 4 (0,066/map; 76 maps/set)

Tier 6

Colonnade:65; Merciless Armament cards dropped: 0; Gemcutter's Promise cards dropped: 16 (0,25/map; 12 maps/set)
Temple: 75; The Twins cards dropped: 16 (0,21/map 38 maps/set); Vinia's Token cards dropped: 38 (0,51/map; 10 maps/set); The Sun cards dropped: 0
Catacombs: 65; Coveted Possession cards dropped: 9 (0,14/map; 65 maps/set)
Dry Woods:60; The Pack Leader cards dropped: 4 (0,06/map; 100 maps/set); The Enlightened cards dropped: 0

Less relevant info
During the course of this project:
- No Mirrors were dropped (both in real life and in the game);
- 5 exalted orbs were dropped;
- Several good unique items were obtained (including Mjolner, 2x Call of the Brotherhood, Aegis Aurora, Consuming Dark);
- No Skyforth boots were chanced;
- Lots of Leather Belts were collected;
- No 6-link items dropped (disregarding Tabulas)
- 1 Unique strongbox was encountered (and I chanced it, too);
- Some Empower gems leveled up.
- Several buyers were ignored due to “scam” attempts (seriously people, stop trying to change the automatic message from poe.trade, I always check it…)

Spoiler
If you appreciate the effort I’ve put into compiling this, express your gratitude by donating a Headhunter :P

I'm not a native English speaker. Should you spot a mistake in my post, feel free to point it out. Thanks!
Standard IGN: Aerandair
Divination Card results: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1591823
Last edited by Anseth on Feb 23, 2016, 4:05:50 PM
Something might be here in the future.
I'm not a native English speaker. Should you spot a mistake in my post, feel free to point it out. Thanks!
Thanks for compiling this; I'm no statistician either, but it gives me a general sense of the drop rates.
Thanks for the statistics.

Now please run 100 Springs maps and 100 Shrine maps to see The Doctor/The Fiend drop rates :)
Damn you Europeans and your weird ass commas in place of decimals... <_<
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
Sheriff_K wrote:

That's how we write numbers. It's a habit, can't help it.

I know this is incorrect in English, but meh, it's a forum thread, not a balance sheet.

"
_Interrupt_ wrote:
Thanks for the statistics.

Now please run 100 Springs maps and 100 Shrine maps to see The Doctor/The Fiend drop rates :)

No.
Last edited by Anseth on Feb 23, 2016, 12:31:05 PM
"
Anseth wrote:
"
Sheriff_K wrote:

That's how we write numbers. It's a habit, can't help it.

I know this is incorrect in English, but meh, it's a forum thread, not a balance sheet.

It's incredibly annoying when you're an Accountant who has to deal with overseas balance sheets and such sometimes... :P
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
Anseth wrote:
that number is NOT 42

The number is always 42.
no The Pack Leader in 40 Tropical Island runs - thats disheartening :(
The Lord in black seems like it should be really high, hell should be guaranteed. It drops off a boss that shows up based on RNG and the reward is a blue mod ring. Why is a card like this so hard to get?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info