[2.2] CI Elemental Wander for Endgame (WIP)

This build's intention is to fully use the newly added Leech-Nodes, combine it with strong Added-Gems and overlapping explosions™. The build clears maps about as fast as a Non-WB-Char ever will and still has enough defensive capabilities to survive some of the harder encounters.

Gear
Spoiler
Helmet Crown of Eyes. This part is a integral to the damage scaling. A Rare Helmet could work, with more ES, more Accu and always more Resistances. But even though -30 Fire-Resistance calls for strong rolls in other places, the flexibility in other places makes Crown a clear winner.

Wand Just get the biggest and best wand out there. Since a big chunk of scaling comes from Added-Gems, getting good suffixes has a higher importance than plain dps. While a typical Multimod-Wand can be good, I'd recommend a high Critchance-Wand in most cases. Getting either combination of Flat-Elemental, Spellpower, HighPhys (also good Elemental via Tempest Blast) is fine.
I happened to get my hands on a wand, that is about as good as it will get in a temp-league for this build.

Shield As high ES, as many points of resistances or Int as you can afford. If you're getting Spelldamage on top, it's icing on the cake, but those are extremly hard to get, and that investment is often better placed in other slots first.
Not ideal, but I managed to work my resistances around it.

Chest Much ES, Such Resistances, Very Int, So expensive, wow!
It's well known what makes a good ES-Armour godly. And while the over-the-top-OP-Chests cost an arm and a leg, the Addition of the 6L-Regalia-Card in the Apex has somewhat flooded the market with affordable, workable chests.

Belt High Resistances mostly, WED, Flat ES on a Rustic Sash, Chain Belt or if you like Anger, Heavy Belt.
If you're playing with WB-Chars, Movementspeed is extremly valuable in my opinion.

Boots Ugh. Skyforth. Sorry about that.

Gloves Rares are workable for Resistances, ideally with Accuracy and Attacksspeed. But in the end you want Maligaros for the juicy Critmuli.
And yes, Facebreakers usually are better for your tooltip, but I prefer not having to deal with Extra Gore. Getting those with +1 isn't highly importance, but it does surely help a bit.

Amulet Here it's most important to get a healthy chunk of Critmuliplier, since it's the only rare you get it from. If you manage to get %ES in Addition to WED, Spelldamage, Added Lightning, Critchance, Accuracy and Resistances, preferably on a Critmulti-Talisman you're good to go. Either combination of the aforementioned mods is good and hard to find.
That amulet was a relic of the lifebased Duelist-Wander I played before. Didn't really find a upgrade for a very, very long time.
That item is probably the craziest Talisman I saw all League, was very happy to be able to buy it. The 31% Piercechance combine perfectly with the Pierce-Gem, while the other stats are also very, very nice.

Rings The perfect Ring would be a Diamond-Ring with %ES-WED-AddedLightning-Accuracy-Resist-Resist. Do these exist? Not in Temp-Leagues, usually. If you get your hands on such a Ring with Mid-Tier-Rolls, you're usually very lucky. The other Added Elemental-Rolls, even high Flat-Phys ones are fine, also substituting a Resist with Int is a defensive Upgrade. If you're pushing dps, the crafted %ES is a great choice of fixing your ES-Pool.
Those are examples of what I would call pretty great rings for a temp league.

Jewels Scaling via Jewels is a core-aspect of this and nowadays every spec. But since the modpool for CoE-Attack-Builds is pretty wide, you can usually get your hands on good 3-Stats rather affordably. But it's with nice, expensive 4-Stats, where this builds starts to shine.
Some of those were pretty expensive, others were much to cheap. Overall pretty GG.

Trees
Spoiler
Full Yolo-DPS.
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMACaAKmw5cD6sPxBEvEVAUsBUgFdcWvxmKGbQbJR1PIG4j0ySLJJ0qCyo4KwosvyzpLR8tgzW5O3w94j9zRX5HBkjuS65Ms0z_UDBQQlIpUzVV4FZjWFpZvF3yX2pfsGBDYlpjQ2qTavpsCGznbRltbG49bydvnnBSc3B1y3cHf8aCHoMJhMWGroazhxOJ04w2j2CP-pMnlSCXBpphmmqbtZykn4ihL6Kjpyu1SLjKvoC-ir6nwcXB88JzwzrEosUoykrOcNAf0NDTftZY2VvbXtvn34rfmN-w5wrpAupi62PsGO967-vxivLh9lv2o_bn

Balanced Tree.
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMACTMJoAqbDXwOXA-rD8QRLxFQFLAVIBXXFr8Zihm0GyUdTyBuI9MkiySdKgsqOCsKLL8s6S0fLYM1uTt8PeI_c0V-RwZI7kuuTLNM_1AwUEJSKVM1VeBWY1haWbxb9F3yX2piWmNDapNq-mwIbOdtGW1sbydwUnNwdct_xoIQgh6ExYauhrOJ04w2j2CP-pMnlSCXBpphmmqbtZ-IoS-io6crtAy1SLjKvoq-p8HFwfPCc8M6xKLFKMrTznDQH9DQ0TbTftZY2VvbXtvn34rfmN-w4iznCukC6mLquutj7Bjveu_r8Yry4fZb9qP25w==

Links
Spoiler

Those are the links I currently use:

Kinetic Blast - GMP - WED - Chain/Pierce - Added Lightning - Added Cold
The choice of Pierce and Chains is mainly preferential in my opinion. With the 2.0-Changes to Pierce the Gem alone (without further pierce-augmentation) lost about 50% of it's appeal, since you're stuck with 30% Non-Pierce-Chance, which was just 15% before.
Chain on the other hand had a massive buff, since it's just 30% Less, not 50% less anymore. The Auto-Aim on the chains further improves clearspeed, though you want to get a dedicated Single Target with Chain.

Barrage - Life Leech - Lightning Penetration - ?
Why Barrage, why Lifeleech? Barrage is somewhat clunky, but scales very nicely when you gemswap into your mainlink. Lifeleech is needed when you want to run minus-max or Ele-Reflect-Maps and you encounter a reflect mob in there. If you need a dedicated Single Target, swap Chains with Barrage and KB with Lightning-Pen. That's some rather good single-target there.

HoT - Wrath/Discipline - Enlighten
If you get good enough gear and your Enlightens leveled high enough, you can swap Discipline with Wrath for a dps-push. If you're not that decked out, you can still pray someone in your group runs Wrath and just use Disc for yourself.

HoI - CoH - Poacher's Mark - Enlighten
Simple stuff, get Frenzy Charges and Mana-Gained-On-Hit. If you're lacking Skyforth, Assassin's Mark or even Dual-Curse is still as fine as ever.

Rolling Jewels
Spoiler

As I mentioned before, Jewels are absoluteley integral to this build. A fantastic Jewel gives me up to 10% More Damage. Put differently: This Spec sucks without.

Since Cobalt-Jewels are the only ones rolling double T1-Prefixes, you're somewhat bound to them. Add in the great bonuses for Shield-Spell-Dmg and normal Spell-Dmg, you're widening the mod-pool for great jewels. And sure, while you could get away with Shield-IAS/Phys/Mana on a non-Cobalt-Base, those rolls are still usable for CoE, although they are rather rare to find and since desired by other 1H-Builds, thus expensive. With CoE you're opening up to Shield-Spelldamage as a very strong prefix and Spelldamage as a Suffix, which often might be a tad undervalued in conjunction with Attack-Rolls.

My perfect Jewel personally has Spelldamage/Proj-Damage, Shield-Spelldamage, Wand-IAS and Critmulti. While IAS-Rolls often give a tad more Tooltip I'm happy with my APS and will rather try to improve my on-hit-damage for better freezes.

TL;DR Buy good Jewels, destroy everything.

Q&A
Spoiler

Why not Lowlife? A wellrolled ES-Chest has more ES than Shavs, Crown and Skyforth together. Combine that with 15% more ES, and you get a higher buffer. Yes, Lowlife will always have more damage, but this build has "enough". Also it's harder to cap resistances, you have to worry about Chaos-Damage-Clouds, Deadhand-Talismans, Vile Touch-Rares, Poison on Hit etc. If you're all about the Tooltip, Lowlife is the way to go, still.
Why not something with Whirling Blades?I really don't know. But Wanders are cool, are they?

Video
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6czJxL0j1Jg
Last edited by Toartmock on Mar 17, 2016, 5:34:24 PM
Last bumped on Mar 17, 2016, 4:34:17 PM
Hey man,

your build [2.1] CI Elemental Wander for Endgame (WIP) what Ascendancy Class would you go? and how would u alter the tree?
IGN - @SlutOhMyy (Ambush)
"
Singkiang wrote:
what Ascendancy Class would you go? and how would u alter the tree?

Depends.
Scion will always work.
Assassin will be super easy to Critcap on a crafted Wand.
Occultist is pretty beastly for ES-Builds.
Elementalist could be also interesting.
Pathfinder for a Flask-Orientation of this build.
Raider for Frenzy-Mania.

But in the End:
Deadeye with Curse-Support.
Inquisitor without.
So I see you're not running discipline. I see the cost is about 6 points on your passive tree (charisma+influence). Why are you choosing not to run it?

Also why added cold instead of faster attacks in your 6L? Do you not get enough shatters without it?

Also that wand is probably the best wand on talisman (?), what's your tooltip with GMP+chain (WITH vaal haste, flasks, charges) and that wand? Also what's your ES?
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Last edited by MatrixFactor on Feb 27, 2016, 1:50:26 PM
Thinking I'm going to try it as Scion Deadeye/Assasin

http://tinyurl.com/gqoz29e
IGN - @SlutOhMyy (Ambush)
Last edited by Singkiang on Mar 1, 2016, 7:50:55 AM
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
So I see you're not running discipline. I see the cost is about 6 points on your passive tree (charisma+influence). Why are you choosing not to run it?

Well, the answer is somewhat uninspiring. With my Leveling-Setup I had around 8k ES without Discipline, but also didn't run high-lvl-maps alone 93+. With both mapping buddies running Disc, I just thought: Whatever, 8k is about enough if I don't make stupid mistakes, better put those points into direct damage.

"
Also why added cold instead of faster attacks in your 6L? Do you not get enough shatters without it?

Jewels give plenty attackspeed, at a certain point Added Cold is worse for Tooltip. Also the difference between shattering white Mobs and freezelocking almost everything, is quite noticeable.

"
Also that wand is probably the best wand on talisman (?), what's your tooltip with GMP+chain (WITH vaal haste, flasks, charges) and that wand? Also what's your ES?

I don't know if it's the best one, but of all I saw that's the one I liked most.

The Tooltip is somewhat inflated, since I'm currently just playing on 6.8-7.1k ES, depending on which amulet I use. Also I didn't feel like (ab)using Vinktar's, just ToH. And I don't have a leveled Vaal-Haste, but might borrow one later.

With Charges and Golem: 141677.
With Charges, Golem and ToH: 150350.
With Charges, Golem, ToH and Promise: 181087

"
Singkiang wrote:
Thinking I'm going to try it as Scion Deadeye/Assasin

http://tinyurl.com/gqoz29e

That tree looks solid! But if your gear progresses, you might want to keep some Alternatives in mind:
If you got a great shield, Command of Steel is really great. Also connecting via the Ranger-Tree helps with Mana-Isses and gives Accuracy, Attackspeed and access to the other Shield-Nodes, which are also fine. You also should always get 3-Point-Jewel-Slots, if you get your hands on great Jewels, and so on. Or at some point dropping Melding could be considered. But those are rather minor notes.
Last edited by Toartmock on Mar 2, 2016, 8:38:06 AM
can you reupload new tree ? its old and can not load
My new tree is my old tree. Currently too lazy to change it, but AngelOfDeaf is the char I played this spec with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfyzHkKZ9xI

Just a random-bullshit-Voll-Kill with Pierce.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info