[2.1] Null's Inclination Poison Summoner

As there don't seem to be many (or any?) 2.1 Null's builds listed, I thought I would post mine. Currently level 89 in THC.

Skills and supports created in 2.1 (namely OP poison) interact very well with the very high chaos damage on Null's. Previous builds relied on aura stacking but this uses all the duration Null's builds take on the tree to stack poison debuffs. The results is a fun and safe style of play the suits well to SC and HC leagues.

Theory
Stack poison and duration on self attacks and SRS/AW minions. High attack speed from bloodrage/vaal haste quickly stacks poison debuff.

Self attack uses Ice Shot and Rigwald's Quills to chill ground and overlap AOE damage to stack poison. Minions help with general clear speed and single target. Null's has a HIGH explicit chaos damage roll which we augment with Added Chaos and Poison. Poison is broken.

We go double curse (temp chains + vuln) to further enhance poison stacks. Temp chains + chilled ground adds significant defensive viability as well.

Pros/Cons
Pro's:
- Safe and pretty tanky due to minions tanking most damage
- Cheap to gear
- Solid clear speed
- Ice shot best sounding skill in game (poof...poof)
- Culling strike hard counter against porcupines
- Destroys corpses (Necrovigil, birds counter)
- Gets better with higher quantity rolls on maps
- 6L mostly a luxury (5L only on bow)

Cons
- Bye,bye 6 socket weapons
- Jewels may be hard to find (people probably vendor stats we need)
- Minions get wrecked sometimes by elemental damage which slows down maps
- Not end game friendly (T12+)
- Single target lackluster if no weapons up
- Party viability only "OK"

Gems/Links
Chest 5L (6L) : Ice Shot + GMP + Culling Strike + Poison + Added Chaos (Inc Aoe or Faster Attacks)
Nulls 5L (non-link): SRS + Animate Weapon + Poison + Added Chaos + Melee Splash (Flesh Offering)
4L: Blasphemy + Temp Chains + Vuln, Blink arrow
4L: CWDT + Enfeeble + IC, Arctic Armor
4L: Increased Duration + Convocation + Blood Rage + Vaal Haste

Required Quality:
- SRS
- Animate Weapon

Suggest Quality:
- GMP
- Culling Strike
- Melee Splash
- Temp Chains

Items
Required:
- Null's Inclination
- Deodre's Damning
- Rigwald's Quills
- Fertile Mind Jewel between Scion and Ranger (Dex to Int)

Nice for this niche build:
- Dyadian Dawn: Cheap and offers solid life/res and global 0.6% life leech against chilled enemies. Lose a little tooltip DPS but helps with sustain. I would drop this for something else in SC.

Other gear:
- Fill out life/resists, dex, int as needed

Flasks:
- I run 1 seething hallowed of animation to help weapons stay alive. They can get wrecked pretty easily (mostly to elemental damage)

Tree
Lvl 89 (111 points): poeurl.com/wxc

Gear

Offense/Defense
Ice Shot:
Defense:
Last edited by pantsparty1002 on Feb 13, 2016, 10:58:37 AM
Crazy =D, I like it !
Question about degens, if you have a poison stack on an enemy when it dies, does it count as you killing it for the purposes of Null's even if it's an SRS hit (for example) that kills?
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
"
Question about degens, if you have a poison stack on an enemy when it dies, does it count as you killing it for the purposes of Null's even if it's an SRS hit (for example) that kills?

Unfortunately it doesn't. I still believe it counts as a kill for you (lets say for charge purposes) but it doesn't count as a kill with the weapon ("Cast Socketed Minion Spells on Kill with this Weapon" ).
"
"

Unfortunately it doesn't. I still believe it counts as a kill for you (lets say for charge purposes) but it doesn't count as a kill with the weapon ("Cast Socketed Minion Spells on Kill with this Weapon" ).

Drat! Should've re-read Null's. Still a cool build though, it's one of those builds enabled by how OP poison is, I hope they don't nerf too hard !
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
"
"
"

Drat! Should've re-read Null's. Still a cool build though, it's one of those builds enabled by how OP poison is, I hope they don't nerf too hard !

Yeah I was hoping for a hit and run playstile but it ended up not making that much difference. I do expect poison to get nerfed a bit but hopefully it won't hit the build too hard. I think there may be some interesting interactions with the necromancer ascendancy class (flesh offering for yourself!) that could be really cool for this build as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info