[2.4] CI CoC Discharge by Rico (barely reanimated)

Note on 2.4:

Spoiler

I'm posting this guide because of many player's requests.

Nerf hammer hits really hard this time. With lots of weight. 500ms cooldown on CoC being most of it. Other than that easy stuff like 35% less Discharge dmg when triggered, only one spell casted per trigger event. Yeah... no problem bro, no problem...

I've managed to push this build to work in 2.4 (which was very hard to do really). So dmg is good again, one shooting packs is back, leech is good aswell however we now have less Discharge "ticks" per secound, which means that each one really counts. Build is down from 2.7 - 3.8 (depending on gear) Discharges per secound to only 2 Discharges per secound. This sucks. So now each one of them must hit like a truck and provide enough leech to keep build up&running. And this is exactly what I did. Build requires now much more carefull play than before thou, as every scored blast matters.

This is all (I think) I can do to reanimate it (for now).

So, is it a dead build? No.
Is it a fantastic build for 2.4? No.
Is it better than it was in 2.3? No.
Is it good enough to do most content? Yes.
Is it Uber viable? No.
T1-T12 maps? Yes, most of them with ease.
Normal Atziri? Yes, with carefull play.
T13-T15 maps? Yes, with carefull play and no crazy mods.

So because of all the above build has had its "done right" badge removed. It is still a good build but not exceptionally great anymore and so it no longer deserves "quality assurance". However in the hands of the skilled player it will deliver. Its just not as brainless and faceroll as it used to be. It requires from the player to stay focused. TBH I like it like that.

Personally I think, unless the cooldown on CoC wont get down to like 250ms, untill than future of CoC in 2.4 lies in properly utilizing the new unique sword Cospri's Malice. I have a theorycrafted build ready for it but doesnt have acces to the sword itself to test it out. Maybe in the future...

[2.4] Crazy 130% T14 Shrine (aka fighting GMPed Corrupted Piety @ 49% light res):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrBTrW2FMrA

(2 deaths at Boss due to the poor play, I could also use Purity of Elements instead of AM)

Changelog:
-------------

05.09.2016: Added 2.4 version, moved old 2.3 version down below, added 2.4 end-game vid.

CI CoC Discharge by Rico
---------------------------------------------

On to the build than.

Build highlights:
--------------------------

+ 7.5k+ energy shield
+ energy shiled regen not interuppted by dmg when started
+ 0.5% of max energy shield regeneration per kill (this will stack!)
+ stun immunity at full energy shield
+ 80/81 fire/light max resistances unflasked
+ and 86/87 flasked
+ chaos immunity
+ 2.2+ aps cyclone (enough for cooldown mechanics)
+ 100% chance to hit
+ 60%+ dagger crit chance (before any charges)
+ 6/5 power/endurance charges
+ Elemental Equilibirum chain
+ 33k tooltip Discharge, 52k per Discharge real dmg (AM, EE)
+ more than 2000 ES leech/s when Bossing (much higher vs packs)
+ Good mobility via Whirling blades (was great, but they nerfed it...)
+ Surgeons flasks
+ Fortify

New passive skill tree for Atlas of the Worlds:
-------------------------------------------
[lvl 92] click

Ascendancy class choice: Occultist

Occultist tree progression: Wicked Ward, Vile Bastion, Forbidden Power.

Why Occulists?
----------------------

I was considering going Shadow and than Trikster for that sweet Energy Shield bonus and 0 mana cost for our Cyclone AND Whirling Blades. But if you think about it: what you will gain? I mean everyone has elreons rings right now with this build so why bother? Dodge and evasion would be good but with life Acrobatic build using Atziri step. Not for CI. The only thing that is REALLY beneficial is that flat +250 es. Now Occultist on the other hand provides something way more intresting - a mechanics that HELPS A TON. ES regen while taking damage? Yes please! ES regen per every monster kill? Yes one for me aswell! Additional power charge and crit chance? Yes ofcourse. Stun immunity on full ES? Sure, why not. And total of 24% ES increase + flat 100 ES? Oh you're so kind sir... So in terms of Occultist vs Trikster you loose maybe around 400 ES. And the benefits are just great.

Leveling:
------------------

As any CoC Disharge build I wont recommend leveling with it from scratch. It can be done but it is better to lvl as something else and than respec into this.

This build requires many things to come together at some point. And this point is around lvl 73-75. Lvl up until than as a hybrid dual flame totems or dual shockwave totems. Use my core tree but instead of going full CI right away you can spec into some life and than respec out of it at around lvl 75. As far as progression goes after that:

lvl 75 (you should have 4 Occultist passives right now)

lvl 77

lvl 80

lvl 83

lvl 86

lvl 89

Bandits:
-----------------

passive - passive - power charge

Required gear:
-----------------------

2x Elreon rings, 6l Volls Protector, Vagan Dagger and 2.2+ Facebrakers are required items. Elreons should have at least total of -14 mana in order this to work. At least one Elreon should be Diamond. To make this build work in 2.4 end-game you should also have:

Luxury upgrades:

Death's Door boots.
+1 maximum endurance charge belt
+1 maximum curse on enemies Volls Devotion

This are not required but at least the first 2 will help a TON.

Ascendancy enchantments:
----------------------------------

Try to get "+X% chance to crit if you have not critted recently" on boots, any cold dmg on hit on gloves. As far as helmet goes any Discharge buff is welcome, especially the dmg one.

Required gems:
-----------------------

Spoiler
Main attack: Cyclone 1/20 - CoC 20/20 - Increased Critical Strikes 20/20 - Blade Vortex - Discharge 20/20 - Life Leech

Movement skill: Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks 17/20 - Fortify lvl 1

Auras and triggers:

- 2x Enlighten, at least one should be lvl 3.

- Purity of Lightning lvl 20

- Purity of Fire lvl 20

- Discipline lvl 20 or 21

- Vaal Discipline lvl 18-20

- 1x CWDT at medium lvl

- medium level Blade Vortex to work with medium lvl CWDT

- medium lvl Immortal Call to work with medium lvl CWDT

- Increased Duration

Gems quality priority:

Discharge, Cyclone, Increased Critical Strikes, Cast on Crit.

Gems setup:
--------------------

1) Blasphemy lvl 20 - Assasins Mark lvl 20 - Enlighten lvl 2 - Herald of Ice

2) Discipline - Purity of Lightning lvl 20 - Purity of Fire lvl 20 - Enlighten lvl 3

3) higher lvl CWDT - Immortal Call - Increased Duration

4) Free 4l

5) Cyclone - CoC - Increased Critical Strikes - Discharge - Blade Vortex - Life Leech

6) Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify

This way Herald of Ice takes care of Elemental Equilibrium providing cold damage to both attacks and spells - Cyclone and Blade Vortex. Blade Vortex in main attack rig provides maximum Power Charges vs single target.

My gear and gems:
------------------------

Note: I'm missing Death's Door boots for additional 10% MORE DPS.

Budget gear section:
------------------------------
Spoiler

Not tested in 2.4, see 2.3 in post below for reference. However this build was so nerfed that it barely stands up with gear lvl that would absolutely DESTROY 2.3. So go figure...

Jevels:
---------------

You need at least one Viridian jevel with 2 mana gained on hit mod.

Use one Energy From Within jevel near the Melding cluster so that cluster will provide effective 40% ES for 4 points. Rest is up to you. I prefer spell or elemental dmg and energy shield.

Defence mechanics:

Build is designed to run Purity of Light + Purity of Fire + Discipline + Herald of Ice at the same time while providing 80/81 fire/light max resistances unflasked and 86/87 flasked. Discipline profits greatly from 42% aura effectiveness aswell.

Herald of Ice ensures that everything is chilled while you're attacking. Some mobs will be even frozen.

I currently have 7.2k es @ lvl 92 with medicore gear. I believe with proper gear this can go up to a 9k ES region.

With this build we utilize Surgeons Flasks that are pretty much allways ready when the need comes.

We have great leeching potential and very high damage output. If my numbers are correct this build should be able to leech more than 2000 ES/s when Bossing.

We have Fortify and Vaal Discipline on top of all of that.

Offence mechanics:

Just two words on this because everyone knows how CoC Disharge works. First of all you need to have at least 55% crit chance with your Cyclone before Power Charges in order for this build to work as intended.

I strongly reccomend reaching 59%. With new CoC mechanics we must be sure that every 0.5 secound we dont waste our chance to trigger spells.

After completing this goal you can than focus on other stuff like more spell/elemental dmg and more spell crit/spell multi.

The other thing that is very important is Elemental Equilibrium chain. Cold damage from your Herald of Ice setups your Discharge with Cyclone and Blade Vortex for -50% fire and -50% lightning resistance on enemies. Than Discharge doesnt change that because it hits with all 3 elements (with Volls Devotion).

You should aim for not more than 2 attacks per second with your Cyclone. As long as there is 500ms CoC cooldown more attack speed is a waste.

Flasks section:
-----------------------

+1 flask of your choice. Not much to say, Surgeons. Non-legacy Surgeons will be also ok. However it is very important to have at least one unfreeze flask. I prefer to have this on my movement flask as it feels very natural to utilize it like that.

Also why movement flask? I like to play fast and this is a great help for Cyclone movement speed.

Video section [2.4]:
-----------------------------

[2.4] Crazy 130% T14 Shrine (aka fighting GMPed Corrupted Piety @ 49% light res):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrBTrW2FMrA

(2 deaths at Boss due to the poor play, I could also use Purity of Elements instead of AM)

Map modes:
--------------------

This build should be able to do all map mods except blood magic and a combination of elemental reflect with curse immunity. For ele reflect maps you NEED to swap Assasins Mark for Warlords Mark on Blasphemy for additional leech. Also no mana regen is pain in the ass.

Atziri / Uber Atziri:
--------------------

Normal Atziri is ok but you have to play carefull. As far as Uber goes this build is no longer Uber viable in its current state.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Sep 6, 2016, 1:27:05 AM
Last bumped on Nov 17, 2016, 1:14:13 PM
Old 2.3 version:
Spoiler

Hi, this is a CI spin-off from excelent MoreRain build by MatrixFactor https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1405842/

Note on 2.3:

Nothing has really changed and build is up to date regarding patch 2.3.

[2.2] T13 Wasteland clear with ele weakness, dmg modes using current setup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-iSkTHNoTY

[2.2] Effortless Atziri run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp_6MC4rGAc

[2.2] T13 Excavation clear with dmg modes using current setup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHh6Xe9itJk

Changelog:
-------------

15.06.2016: Added note regarding 2.3 patch.
30.03.2016: Added Atziri video. Added lvling section. Added quotes from players feedback - THX!
11.03.2016: Added new T13 Wasteland full clear video.
10.03.2016: Added new T13 Excavation full clear video.
10.03.2016: Polished the guide, removed some outdated info.
06.03.2016: Build fully updated for Ascendancy! - now OP as hell
10.02.2016: Added T12 Overgrown Ruin video in video section, done using offensive gem setup.
10.02.2016: Added new more offensive gem setup in gem setup section (thx alvuimil).
10.02.2016: Added Excavation map video in video section.

CI CoC Discharge done right by Rico
---------------------------------------------

Introduction:

I do own a legacy Mjolner and have both high level RT and Crit versions of the Mjolner build within my characters. But I wanted to give a chance to a CoC Disharge. Vagan Dagger is the best of both worlds: 100% hit chance while still doing crits. This alone is very tempting.

For me the problem with any CoC Disharge was its weak defences and single target aka da Boss dmg output. MatrixFactor's and Mathil's builds showed us that at least one of those issue can be fully adressed. With introduction to the new Blade Vortex skill gem and elemental equilibrium mechanics single target dmg output is no longer a problem with any CoC Disharge. However tankiness is still not on pair with any Mjolner build. Combining high dmg output with high leeching abilities gives CoC Discharge very good survivability but I wanted to push things a little further. I also dont like the problem with chaos damage and chaos resistance stacking with a hybrid version. Its managable but I allways felt a push towards a CI version.

This build is not designed to emulate a Mjolner build, to be its "cheap", budget version. This is an attempt, an effort to push a CoC Disharge ahead of Mjolner build in some ways (dmg) while closing the gap in terms of tankiness. It should provide better clear speed and comparable defences.

On to the build than.

"
Vaaroth wrote:
I just respec'd my witch in standard to this build and oh my god... I'm literally invincible.

"
Dejan_killer wrote:
Hi m8. I must to tell you for this build is really OP!!!

"
RestInPieces wrote:
I can easily tell by looking at theorycrafting that this build is quite promising!

"
Fernqvist wrote:
Started this build a few days ago and i´m having a blast! Carrying all my friends through twinned high tier maps and making atziri a joke, Maybe try uber soon, who knows :D

"
Mist3rBlood wrote:
Great Build! I really enjoy playing it.

"
Rayzabladez wrote:
a good solid re-vamp of the CoC build you have here. Thank you.

"
Iamod wrote:
This is BY FAR the Funnest build I've ever done in my fckng life. I've always wanted to do Coc Discharger, but with new ascendancy it just had to happen. I hit lvl 70 swapped up and just cannot stop laughing my ass off at how Easy and stupid fast shit dies. It's not broken, u can still die, but it's definitely the most fun and active build i've ever had. Please if you're reading this. Make this build happen for you, and enjoy this game to the fullest.

"
Mike wrote:
We might implement it in D4 you know. Here's a draft: http://tinyurl.com/jrpseee

Build highlights:

+ 8k+ energy shield
+ energy shiled regen not interuppted by dmg when started
+ 0.5% of max energy shield regeneration per kill (this will stack!)
+ stun immunity at full energy shield
+ 82/83 fire/light max resistances unflasked
+ and 88/89 flasked
+ chaos immunity
+ 3 aps cyclone
+ 100% chance to hit
+ 60%+ dagger crit chance (before any charges)
+ 6/4 power/endurance charges
+ Elemental Equilibirum chain
+ HUGE dmg output - one shots packs up to T15 map, drops bosses very quickly aswell
+ more than 1500 ES leechin/s when Bossing (much higher vs packs)
+ Great mobility via Whirling blades
+ Surgeons flasks
+ Fortify

New passive skill tree for Ascendancy:
-------------------------------------------
[lvl 92] http://tinyurl.com/gu4mv8u

We now go more offensive way as the new Occultist class will take care of the rest. There is no need for double course and thus double leech. New ES regen mechanics from Occultist will take care of that. Also flask nerf - theres no need for that flask cluster anymore. At the same time we invest those points in raw damage to compensate for crit changes in 2.2 and to further support our 2% life leech.

So Ascendancy class choice: Occultist

Occultist tree progression: Wicked Ward, Vile Bastion, Forbidden Power.

Why Occulists?
----------------------

I was considering going Shadow and than Trikster for that sweet Energy Shield bonus and 0 mana cost for our Cyclone AND Whirling Blades. But if you think about it: what you will gain? I mean everyone has elreons rings right now with this build so why bother? Dodge and evasion would be good but with life Acrobatic build using Atziri step. Not for CI. The only thing that is REALLY beneficial is that flat +250 es. Now Occultist on the other hand provides something way more intresting - a completely new mechanics that HELPS A TON. ES regen while taking damage? Yes please! ES regen per every monster kill? Yes one for me aswell! Additional power charge and crit chance? Yes ofcourse. Stun immunity on full ES? Sure, why not. And total of 24% ES increase + flat 100 ES? Oh you're so kind sir... So in terms of Occultist vs Trikster you loose maybe around 400 ES. And the benefits are just OP. You will feel immortal on maps.

Leveling:
------------------

As any CoC Disharge build I wont recommend leveling with it from scratch. It can be done but it is better to lvl as something else and than respec into this.

This build requires many things to come together at some point. And this point is around lvl 73-75. Lvl up until than as CI Incinerate (Zivko's build) or as a hybrid dual flame totems or dual shockwave totems. Use my core tree but instead of going full CI right away you can spec into some life and than respec out of it at around lvl 73. As far as progression goes after that:

lvl 73: http://tinyurl.com/hk2koxq (you should have 4 Occultist passives right now)
lvl 75 tree: http://tinyurl.com/hkebb5v
lvl 78 tree: http://tinyurl.com/hsxnajc
lvl 80 tree: http://tinyurl.com/zhdl26w
lvl 84 tree: http://tinyurl.com/jlf6bv6
lvl 87 tree: http://tinyurl.com/h4bx2lm
lvl 92 tree: http://tinyurl.com/gu4mv8u

Bandits:
-----------------

passive - passive - power charge

or passive - attack speed - power charge

Required gear:
-----------------------

2x Elreon rings, Volls Protector, Maligoras and Vagan Dagger are required items. Elreons should have at least total of -14 mana in order this to work. At least one Elreon should be Diamond. To drive the build to its full potential you should also have:

You can get along with just 5l Volls and without Volls Devotion but this will be far from optimal (see budget gear section below).

Luxury upgrades:

+1 maximum endurance charge belt
+1 maximum curse on enemies Volls Devotion

This are not required but will push the build into its limit.

Ascendancy enchantments:
----------------------------------

Try to get "+X% chance to crit if you have not critted recently" on boots, any cold dmg on hit on gloves. As far as helmet goes any Discharge buff is welcome, especially the dmg one.

Required gems:
-----------------------

Spoiler
Main attack: Cyclone 1/20 - CoC 20/20 - Increased Critical Strikes 20/20 - Blade Vortex - Discharge 20/20 - Life Leech

Movement skill: Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks 17/20 - Fortify lvl 1

Auras and triggers:

- 2x Enlighten, at least one should be lvl 3.

- Empower lvl 3 (you can also do this with Empower lvl 2 - see budget gear section below)

- Purity of Lightning lvl 21 (or lvl 20 - see budget gear section below)

- Purity of Fire lvl 21 (or lvl 20 - see budget gear section below)

- Discipline lvl 20 or 21

- Vaal Discipline lvl 18-20

- 2x CWDT, one lvl 1 and one higher lvl (around 1k dmg proc)

- low level Enfeeble to work with lvl 1 CWDT

- low level Warlords Mark to work with lvl 1 CWDT (for reflect maps only)

- low level Blade Vortex to work with lvl 1 CWDT

- higher lvl Immortal Call to work with higher lvl CWDT

- Increased Duration

Gems quality priority:

Cast on Crit, Cyclone, Discharge, Increased Critical Strikes.

Gems setup:
--------------------

1) Empower lvl 3 - Enlighten lvl 3 - Purity of Lightning lvl 21 - Purity of Fire lvl 21

2) Discipline - Herald of Ice - Enlighten - Vaal Discipline

3) higher lvl CWDT - Immortal Call - Increased Duration

4) lowest lvl CWDT - Increased Duration - Enfeeble - Blade Vortex (Warlords Mark for ele reflect maps)

5) Cyclone - CoC - Increased Critical Strikes - Blade Vortex - Discharge - Life Leech

6) Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify

This way Herald of Ice takes care of Elemental Equilibrium providing cold damage to both attacks and spells - Cyclone and Blade Vortex. Blade Vortex in main attack rig provides maximum Power Charges vs single target.

Budget gear section:
------------------------------
Spoiler

Will this work with 5l Volls? Yes. Drop Increase Critical strikes, Purity of Fire and use Assasins Mark via Blasphemy.

Will this work without Volls Devotion?. Yes. But I dont recommend it. Damage and thus leeching might be not enough to faceroll T12+ Bosses. I would grab +1 additional curse from tree and use Warlords Mark alongside Enfeeble via CWDT in that scenario.

Will this work without Volls Devotion AND with 5l Volls Protector?. Yes but it will be somewhat crippled. Siply put - you must combine both technics listed above.

Will this work without lvl 21 Puritys and lvl 3 Empower? Yes. Just switch aura setups whith each other. So The Vertex will give you +1 to gems making your lvl 2 Empower lvl 3 and your lvl 20 Puritys lvl 23.

Jevels:
---------------

You need at least one Viridian jevel with 2 mana gained on hit mod.

Use one Energy From Within jevel near the Melding cluster so that cluster will provide effective 40% ES for 4 points. Rest is up to you. I prefer attack speed, crit chance (global), crit multi (global), spell or elemental dmg and energy shield.

Defence mechanics:

Build is designed to run Purity of Light + Purity of Fire + Discipline + Herald of Ice at the same time while providing 82/83 fire/light max resistances unflasked and 88/89 flasked. This is done with lvl 21 puritys supported with empower. Discipline profits greatly from 42% aura effectiveness aswell.

Herald of Ice ensures that everything is chilled while you're attacking. Some mobs will be even frozen.

I currently have 7.8k es @ lvl 92 with medicore gear. I believe with proper gear this can go up to a 10k ES region.

With this build we utilize Surgeons Flasks that are pretty much allways ready when the need comes.

We have great leeching potential and very high damage output. If my numbers are correct this build should be able to leech more than 1500 ES/s when Bossing.

We have Fortify and Enfeeble and Vaal Discipline on top of all of that.

Offence mechanics:

Just two words on this because everyone knows how CoC Disharge works. First of all you need to have at least 55% crit chance with your Cyclone before Power Charges in order for this build to work as intended.

I strongly reccomend reaching 59% so this will put you just above 40% proc chance and this is pretty much on pair with legacy Crit Mjolner.

After completing this goal you can than focus on other stuff like more spell/elemental dmg and more spell crit/spell multi.

The other thing that is very important is Elemental Equilibrium chain. Cold damage from your Herald of Ice setups your Discharge with Cyclone and Blade Vortex for -50% fire and -50% lightning resistance on enemies. Than Discharge setups it back for -50% cold damage on enemies and cycle repeats. So it is important to have a proper gem order: Blade Vortex before Discharge in your cyclone setup. The idea isnt mine and was explained in details in MoreRain build by MatrixFactor thread.

You should also aim for about 3 attacks per second with your Cyclone. This can be easily done via jevels. Rule of thumb with this build: The more attack speed and global crit chance the better.

Flasks section:
-----------------------

+1 flask of your choice. Not much to say, Surgeons. Non-legacy Surgeons will be also ok. However it is very important to have at least one unfreeze flask. I prefer to have this on my movement flask as it feels very natural to utilize it like that.

Also why movement flask? I like to play fast and this is a great help for Cyclone movement speed.

Video section [2.2]:
-------------------------

Full T13 Wasteland clear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-iSkTHNoTY

With ele weakness, dmg mode, Emperror learnt his place :)

Atziri full clear under 8 min.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp_6MC4rGAc

Full T13 Excavation clear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHh6Xe9itJk

Damage modes, crit modes, undead with those annoying Necromancers that have lots of life and elemental resitances.

Old pre 2.2 videos, using different gem setups: (current Ascendancy setup has WAY more dmg and survivability):

Spoiler

Tanking T9 Residence Dominus:

Spoiler
Tanking his smash without flasks (I've used flasks just after his smash), also the map is curse immune so no enfeeble and double leech. My proc chance is not there where it should be because my Incrised Crit Strikes gem is not leveled up and has 0 quality (and I'm also terrible aiming with cyclone).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH6-qk_iaIY

Full T13 Courtyard clear:

Spoiler
100% dmg as fire, additional projectiles, power charges, and 4 exiles

part1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V0U6pqSuTY
part2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai4Z5rbL03U

Tanking T9 Malformation Piety:
Spoiler

22% more life, 60% to avoid elemental status aligment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2rJBnRE4nw

Elemental reflect map sample:
Spoiler

NOTE: The first blue pack was curse immune. This can give you an idea on how ele reflect + curse immunity map might look like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn9GXp3GDYA

T13 Excavation map and Boss fight:
Spoiler

2 exiles, posion on hit, power charges, desecrate ground, 104% extra dmg as cold because why not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4ya5QXupFA

Forgot to use Vaal Discipline but who cares.

T12 Overgrown Ruins full clear: (done using offensive gem setup)
Spoiler

-12% maximum resitances, 102% extra damage as fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciuPBgIcZ9g

Map modes:
--------------------

This build should be able to do all map mods except blood magic and a combination of elemental reflect with curse immunity. For ele reflect maps you NEED to swap Enfeeble for Warlords Mark for additional leech (or use +1 curse from tree/gear).

Atziri / Uber Atziri:
--------------------

Normal Atziri is a joke. As far as Uber goes theres an option to change shield for Saffels before entering The Queen (*khm* bitch *khm*) herself. This would put you on 92%/93% max fire/light while flasked with still quite a bit of energy shield buffor for damage sucking. It should be doable but I didnt test it myself.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Sep 5, 2016, 2:11:30 PM
First of all, gz for posting this, i've been too lazy to do so.

Second, on mathil's Fakener thread we've been discussing about CI since january 2nd, when i posted my CI tree. (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1069569/page/116). Lot of ppl gone to CI because its WAY safer to lvl with.

Third, for UBER u don't really need so much better gears. I did uber with 5200 ES as CI (usig saffel frame for Atziri, ES shield for vaal and trio, 7500ES)

By the way u losing a lot of damage from tree, also Blade Vortex instead Ice nova and Herald of Ice instead Arctic armour will improve highly ur damage.

This is the cheap setup. (I have improved gear now, but im not at home. Will update this post later)

"
alvuimil wrote:
REMINDER

8135ES (lv19discipline - no % ES on rings)
90,64% cyc crit (+9% from assasin mark ~100% crit with 7 pcharges)
89,25% spell crit (+9% from assasin mark ~100% crit with 7 pcharges)
342% spell crit multi (i dont have any crit multi jewel)

Never needed Clarity, 1 jewel with +2mana on hit, warlord when i didnt have volls. Also never needed Purities. Did Atziri at 78 with 6k ES and no purity.

CI Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABA5YHHg18DdEOSBEvEVARlhXXGyUbyBzcIG4i9CepKPoqCyo4Kwosvy3SMtE0CjW5Oyg8BT1fQZZCS0VHRnFJUUmxS65Ms1AwUlNWY1fJXfJfal-wYENjQ2SdZlRsC20Zbj1vnnBScFZwu3cHf8aCm4MJhMWFe4V9hcWGrocTidOMNox2jxqP-pAbkFWTJ5Uul5WX9JitmhOaO5u1nKSf36Evpyuus7QMuJO-gL6KwGbDOspKytPP3dAf0NDQ9dfP2Vvb1OOE6QLquuvu6_XsGOw473zviO_r8NXxivId-Tc=?accountName=alvuimil&characterName=Severne_IV

If i had a Taste of hate i would swap it for the Sapphire. Can also swap it for Granite if u feel like need some physical reduction.
NOTE: Maligaro skill setup = CWDT+Immortal Call+Increase duration+Summon ice golem

This are my Jewels

I've been working on a low life version aswell with Shav + Skyforth. I have it finished and optimized, done Uber aswell.

FatherFakener (Trickster Fakener CI)
Severne_I (LowLife Fakener)
Severne_II (Inquisitor Crit Life Storm Caller)
MCLMXXXVIII (Champion Oro's Flicker)
Last edited by alvuimil on Feb 10, 2016, 11:12:57 AM
Hey thx for posting. Your setup is more damage oriented, mine more defensive, which was my goal from the beginning. If no more than 7,5k es is really needed for uber I will take Arcane Potency for damage. Also my proc chance suffers right now due to the only 1 Diamond ring and lvl 19 0 quality Increased Crit Strikes. This must be 20/20.

I do have Blade Vortex included in the setup. Its linked with lvl 1 CWDT so it triggers very often when Bossing. I might test it in place of Ice Nova at some point to see if it will be better this way. But that requires cold dmg on my gear.

I dont feel like dropping Arctic Armour is a good idea. This is very helpful against big phys spikes (Dominus/Malachai smashes) and supports max fire resistance that is 1% lower than lightning resistance. Also AA is 25% mana reserved while another Purity is 35%.

I think that grabbing Arcane Potency, increasing proc chance up to 40%+ and upgrading belt with +1 endu charges (currently I have only 4/3 charges) should be enough on damage side of things.

Theres also room for improvements among my gear. Shield and dagger begs for spell dmg modes for example.

EDIT: Excavation video is up :)
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
Last edited by RicoKGB on Feb 10, 2016, 11:13:24 AM
"
RicoKGB wrote:
Hey thx for posting. Your setup is more damage oriented, mine more defensive, which was my goal from the beginning. If no more than 7,5k es is really needed for uber I will take Arcane Potency for damage. Also my proc chance suffers right now due to the only 1 Diamond ring and lvl 19 0 quality Increased Crit Strikes. This must be 20/20.

I do have Blade Vortex included in the setup. Its linked with lvl 1 CWDT so it triggers very often when Bossing. I might test it in place of Ice Nova at some point to see if it will be better this way. But that requires cold dmg on my gear.

I dont feel like dropping Arctic Armour is a good idea. This is very helpful against big phys spikes (Dominus/Malachai smashes) and supports max fire resistance that is 1% lower than lightning resistance. Also AA is 25% mana reserved while another Purity is 35%.

I think that grabbing Arcane Potency, increasing proc chance up to 40%+ and upgrading belt with +1 endu charges (currently I have only 4/3 charges) should be enough on damage side of things.

Theres also room for improvements among my gear. Shield and dagger begs for spell dmg modes for example.

Arctic armour damage (phys/fire) reduced is a "static buff" means only work when you are not moving, as a cycloner u never stop spinning so the only benefit u getting from it its the 0.5 chill. Herald of Ice (yeah i put Purity of Ice on the other post by mistake, edited: :P) gives cold damage to spell and to attack , with this u can drop ice nova and add BV to ur chest, flask / PCharge loads way faster. As for atziri u shouln't be hit so ur CWDt wont be running to much for ur BV.
As for the charges, 1 power charge = 4% flat crit increased. Should be maxing them ASAP (7x4% = 28% flat crit increased) with blade vortex in ur chest u will be max pcharge the whole time.
FatherFakener (Trickster Fakener CI)
Severne_I (LowLife Fakener)
Severne_II (Inquisitor Crit Life Storm Caller)
MCLMXXXVIII (Champion Oro's Flicker)
Oh now I see your point. Excelent. Just recolored my Volls, I will test this setup.

EDIT: Tested it a bit and honestly I dont know if it is worth it. Yes damage is much higher this way but on the other hand you loose chill/freeze on mobs and chill on bosses. This is yet another damage vs survivability topic. For now I will leave the guide as is. Because defence was main priority when writing it. But on the other hand I will test this new gem setup further.

EDITE2: Added it in the guide as a more offensive option.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
Last edited by RicoKGB on Feb 10, 2016, 1:20:51 PM
"
RicoKGB wrote:
What is lost though is chill/freeze for mobs and chill for bosses making you much more vulnerable, especially to stuns and physical damage.

My setup is same as alvuimil variant. But i have add Ice Nova linked whith Cast when Stunned. And I use Chaos golem for damage reduction.

And its working for you this way? I mean - is it reliable?
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
"
RicoKGB wrote:
And its working for you this way? I mean - is it reliable?

Yes, this link works and with 2 CwDT setups gives additional defs. Also 6 endurance charges can give us up to 24% Physical Damage Reduction. And I feel safe enough with 10,5k ES.
"
alvuimil wrote:
"
RicoKGB wrote:

Arctic armour damage (phys/fire) reduced is a "static buff" means only work when you are not moving, as a cycloner u never stop spinning so the only benefit u getting from it its the 0.5 chill. Herald of Ice (yeah i put Purity of Ice on the other post by mistake, edited: :P) gives cold damage to spell and to attack , with this u can drop ice nova and add BV to ur chest, flask / PCharge loads way faster. As for atziri u shouln't be hit so ur CWDt wont be running to much for ur BV.
As for the charges, 1 power charge = 4% flat crit increased. Should be maxing them ASAP (7x4% = 28% flat crit increased) with blade vortex in ur chest u will be max pcharge the whole time.

how do you get you resis capped? with endurance charges?
!!! Sorry for my "bum english" !!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info