2.1 Frenzied duelist

Hello, this is my first build! I post it here mostly to get feedback, as I dont think I'm in any position to give lessons. I actually asked someone to make a build for me, but i wasn't really satisfied and went my own direction.

Build idea
Frenzy
+5% inc. phys damage and + 5% inc. attack speed per frenzy charge.
In order to take advantage of frenzy I went for the maximum number of frenzy charges, with physical damage based nodes. The immense attack speed bonus we get with multistrike + this means we dont actually need attack speed nodes all that much since they give diminishing return.

1h sword + shield
I could go dual wield or 2-handed, but I find that a shield really help shore up the defenses. Its also easier to get a decent shield+ a weapon then 2 weapon. Furthermore, block is a very strong mechanic, and since the dexterity side of the tree lack a little health it helps a lot. Sword are chosen because we have nodes close by, and the additional accuracy is very usefull.

Passive tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAO4CEQMnBIcFLQVmBbUGIAkzDPIUdRUgFewblyPTI_YqTSzpLlMvzDB8Mk41kjrhPs8_J0CgQzFE0kd-SshM_01GTZJOKlFHU7tW-lh1Whpbr2KsYuxlTWyMbqpvJ3SgdO1313rvfyuE2YTvhrOK8I19jb-PmZAKmmqdqqPnpcusr7TFtfK5Hb02vea-p7_VwL_BgsLswzPEgsS4ypDRNtNv1FLV-Ni92sHdDeCf4izpRvJF_go=

Simple tree that goes for what we stated. The next 10 points (bringing us to lvl 80) will be invested in life (the scion life wheel+ the flask health nodes) for 27% increased health and into the shield defense nodes close to the shadow tree for + 110 shield defense and 4% block. I took the sword critical nodes, they increase dps alot and I'm not sure what i would take instead.

gems
Frenzy: I went for frenzy+add. melee damage+add. fire damage+melee splash+multistrike
Multistrike provides multiplicative bonus with the attack speed from frenzy, the rest is only dps increase.

Whirling blade: + fortify for mobility and survivability

Reckoning: We have a shield, I add end. charges on melee stun so I dont always have to us enduring cry.

Cast when damage taken Molten shield, blind, life leech. I like the additional armor of molten shield so I lvl it to the max.

auras
I have been experimenting a lot with those lately. I always use blasphemy as a curse is really usefull. Enfeeble is really good since we have both armor and evasion, but it requires a lot of intelligence. Temporal chain is decent and so is warlord marks.
Determination provide a huge boost of armor, but herald of ash + artic armor provide both a little defense and offense

Gear

Spoiler

I use snakebite, but i don't like it very much, I just found it. The increased accuracy is great, the attack speed not so much (rare glove can roll 10%+ attack speed) the poison really doesn't do anything unless you are hiting a boss.
Same can be said for the boots, good but not great.

I'm lacking life on the boots, glove and armor so with 3.3k health I am very fragile to bosses. The blue and rare usually don't pose a problem unless they use aoe chaos damage.

With Hybrid gear I reach around 7k+ armor + 45% evasion + 40% block chance. Rumi's flask and determination bring that to around 15k armor and 60% block, still prone to 1-shot because of the low-life but I hope this will go away in time as gear and passives improve.

Farming Dried lake is a breeze, as nothing can kill me unless I stand still. Even Voll die in less then a minute. Mapping can be harder. Dificult boss are a big no (museum bosses insta killed me before I could hit them once) but most of the first 4 tier are easily doable for now. I'll do more as lvl come.
Last bumped on Mar 17, 2016, 2:14:55 PM
Your sword and shield are way overdue for upgrades. An exalted will buy a huge upgrade from poe.trade. You can improve upon the shield for a few chaos.

You have at least 50 points of INT coming off of passives. If you can move that to gear, you can free those passive points for something build-related.

The issue I have with Frenzy is that it is not and AoE attack, and thus you lose another gem slot to Melee Splash make it such. If you run the Poacher's Mark curse, you'll get plenty of frenzy charges. This means you can replace Frenzy with something like Cyclone (to keep it green).

What are you putting in those Jewel passives?

What's your DPS on that Frenzy attack?

Are you mapping yet?
The reason I use frenzy is because it gets a +5% phys attack damage and +5% attack speed. The increased attack speed is multiplicative with multistrike.

While I could run poacher mark or blood rage there was a couple things whih I thought about

1: Most items that make use of frenzy charges lower their duration. With my gove they only last around 6 second for example.
2: I can run enfeeble instead of poacher mark for better survivability.
3: The goal of the build was to make a build around frenzy.
4: Cyclone is mana hungry, kinda hard to sustain unless I use blood magic,which would mean I still lose a socket.
5: bloodrage actually hurt a lot.

The goal for jewel passive is to get life and one handed damage. Right now I mostly got damage jewel (cheap not so great one)
8% increased damage
15% increased damage with shield
10% increased damge with sword
and
10% increased damage
7% attack speed
0.32% phys attack leeched as mana.

The tooltip dps is around 6.5K with herald of ash, but it goes to 13.5k with 7 frenzy charges. I have been trying to get intelligence on gear, but its expensive to get exactly what you need. I am planing to buy upgrade for the sword, but I only got around 1.5 exa in the stash right now.

I am mapping, mostly low lvl map for now until I get some lvl.
Last edited by lethargie on Feb 8, 2016, 11:03:29 AM
always wanted to try a frenzy build,

how's this working out for you? any vids?
It went decently well.

I relented and bought the stone of lahzar and it did a huge boost to survivability. I managed to get to lvl 85 with about 20-25k dps.

With the advent of the gladiator subclass, I think it actually got a very big boost, however It might have been sent to the side by the raider ranger subclass for the use of the frenzy skill.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info