[2.2 Theorycraft] Oro's CoMK DD Flicker

The Ascendancy introduces many new features including the long awaited Ascendancy classes. The Duelist class I'm the most interested in is Slayer as it opens up some quite interesting possibilities. With the Impact keystone basically granting Melee Splash and Increased Area of Effect I think I've got an interesting idea on how to make Oro's Flicker even more fun.

KEY ITEMS:
- Oro's Sacrifice (6-link)
- Doedre's Scorn
- Kaom's Heart
- Windscream

LINKS:
MAIN (Oro's):
Flicker Strike
Weapon Elemental Damage
Multistrike
Cast on Melee Kill
Detonate Dead
Fire Penetration
Why CoMK and DD?
I've been testing various Oro's builds for at least a couple of major patches and while a conventional Flicker proved to be very effective in 2.1 its AoE was far from perfect. After adding CoMK and DD this problem disappeard while a high effectivness against bosses remained intact.
BUFFS I (Doedre's):
Blasphemy
Enfeeble
Flammability
Enlighten

BUFFS II:
Enduring Cry
Cast when Damage Taken (LVL 15)
Immortal Call (LVL 16)
Increased Duration

BUFFS III + MOVEMENT:
Herald of Ash
Leap Slam
Faster Attacks
Fortify
Why HoA? It only works with physical attacks
That's only partially true. HoA doesn't add the 15% damage bonus to any Oro's build. But it still ignites for overkill damage and from testing various maps it seems HoA does a better job than Elemental Weakness. It also adds a 15% increased fire damage bonus from quality that affects both Flicker and DD.

SKILL TREE:
LEVEL 90
NOTE: Even without the Wrecking Ball notable it's still suggested to make use of the Fireborn Jewel next to Golem's Blood, since Destroyer can't be compensated with similar damage nodes.
ASCENDANCY: Brutal Favor - Impact - Headsman
BANDITS: Oak - Kill All - Kraityn

VIDEOS: NOTE: This is an early test run without the proper skill tree, Ascendancy features and links/gear.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
VERSION HISTORY:
05/02/16: 0.1a - life a bit on the short side, small changes in tree implemented
07/02/16: 0.2 - after extensive testing buff setup and tree updated
[2.4] Riff Raff - under 1ex Reave RT DoT Gladiator: http://poeurl.com/C6q
Last edited by Weißenberg on Feb 13, 2016, 7:09:35 AM
Last bumped on Mar 11, 2016, 2:40:24 PM
I like it a lot, it seems really cool. If only CoMK Spell Damage would scale with DD :/
Last edited by Kabushiki on Feb 4, 2016, 1:54:22 PM
oooh. this build looks really fun with lots of gore and corpse destruction. definitely interested, altho idk how well i can do the build without kaom's heart. i also question how much dps CoMK-DD gives you compared to other options.
Last edited by alkoxide on Mar 3, 2016, 12:35:22 AM
I like the sound of this build, but could you fix the link for the passives for us? Thanks!
[2.4] Riff Raff - under 1ex Reave RT DoT Gladiator: http://poeurl.com/C6q

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info