Slayer "Two handed" nodes

Do these apply to bows? I remember back in CB most two handed nodes had no mention of melee but still only applied to melee weapons. If these are for melee only I'd like to suggest that they apply to bows as well, since otherwise bow duelists have only 1 ascendancy class to choose from ( Champion ).
Last edited by Sairony on Feb 3, 2016, 10:46:57 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Apparently, it was confirmed by devs that they do indeed work. The nodes from back then were mislabeled and these seem to be intentionally done this way.

You should open this kind of threads in gameplay help, though, it's neither feedback or a suggestion.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
ohh they do apply to bow?

and with the Champion permanent fortify nod.... duelist archer might become a really interesting thing.
"
raics wrote:
Apparently, it was confirmed by devs that they do indeed work. The nodes from back then were mislabeled and these seem to be intentionally done this way.

You should open this kind of threads in gameplay help, though, it's neither feedback or a suggestion.

Ah, thanks for the confirmation :)
"
diablofdb wrote:
ohh they do apply to bow?

and with the Champion permanent fortify nod.... duelist archer might become a really interesting thing.

Champion - yes.

But why would anyone want to make a Slayer Archer? Endless Hunger isnt what you want for ranged character, actually - you rather get Champion's damage reduction or Ranger/Assasin's DPS.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
why would anyone want to make a Slayer Archer? Endless Hunger isnt what you want for ranged character, actually - you rather get Champion's damage reduction or Ranger/Assasin's DPS.
Overwhelm. It's pretty nuts on noncrit archers, actually, because they can't really on King of the Hill or freezing. Onslaught on kill isn't bad either. In any case, Overwhelm is a given, the real choice is between Bane of Legends and Brutal Fervor.

Of course, there is the question of why you wouldn't just go crit.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 3, 2016, 2:52:56 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
why would anyone want to make a Slayer Archer? Endless Hunger isnt what you want for ranged character, actually - you rather get Champion's damage reduction or Ranger/Assasin's DPS.
Overwhelm. It's pretty nuts on noncrit archers, actually, because they can't really on King of the Hill or freezing. Onslaught on kill isn't bad either. In any case, Overwhelm is a given, the real choice is between Bane of Legends and Brutal Fervor.

I bet Raider also has "Onslaught on kill" feature...
And yes, with cirrent bow crit nodes, there isnt any incentive for NOT going crit with bows.
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

I bet Raider also has "Onslaught on kill" feature...
And yes, with cirrent bow crit nodes, there isnt any incentive for NOT going crit with bows.
For most bow builds, yes. Perhaps not Voltaxic though, since many of the increased Damage nodes double-dip, and you'd want to stack a lot of them with Poison. Maybe some other unique noncrit bow, idk.

Of course, at that point you have heavy competition from both Deadeye AND Champion. Especially Champion.

Just pointing out that it's there, and although it doesn't look like a winner now, things could change.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 3, 2016, 5:23:46 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
For most bow builds, yes. Perhaps not Voltaxic though, since many of the increased Damage nodes double-dip, and you'd want to stack a lot of them with Poison. Maybe some other unique noncrit bow, idk.

Of course, at that point you have heavy competition from both Deadeye AND Champion. Especially Champion.

Just pointing out that it's there, and although it doesn't look like a winner now, things could change.

Only "general" increases double-dip, not "weapon-related" ones like Slayer's (i think).
and Assassin is SO attractive for Voltaxic actually - it allows to cap crit chance and it has poison boost too...

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info