2.1-Got Reave? So easy anyone can do it. 106k dps sitting in ho,200k buffed

Hello, Im Sethbine Ive been playing Poe only about 3 months now but, Ive watched a ton of youtube/twitter and joined a guild of smart players who have all taught me allot. I give full credit to ZiggyD for the original design of this class build.

Southpaw Reave takes advantage of offhand mechanics and can be played with one-handed swords or daggers in offhand while using some great maces or axes in main hand. Now while reave only works with claws, daggers and one handed swords the affects of your off hand weapon can greatly improve over all defense and or offense.

Suggested leveling uniques
Spoiler

I suggest you progress to each off hand as you can find or afford them each has its own merits. Deaths Hand will do end game content well upto tier 9-10 maps after that stunning mobs becomes harder so I suggest you get a catalyst if you plan to advance past there they run around 10 chaos. and will also greatly improve your dps.

Now Im using Bino's but until you can afford one I suggest using this cheap high crit unique dagger.
or find a good rare dagger if you have issues with enough int to use this one. Or you can follow ZiggyDs guild on youtube for sword users and go that path.

My Gear at the moment gives me 76.38% crit without power charges. there are 3 25% crit nods I changed out of which had me over 80% since I found more dps another route.

im using Bino's because its the best I have found so far and I dont use the poison or nodes so its possible to have even more crazy dps with over time damage if you wanted to.

Gear
Spoiler

I plan to change my rings soon to some 75+ diamond rings which Im working on crafting This should put me back over 80% crit and allow me to keep my resists maxed.

Passive Tree

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAAYAXgOHBS0FfQW1CC4Mcw2NDkgRLxGWFSAV9haqFr8Zjhm0G60i6iP2JP0mlSoLLOEtVS2DLlMwcTB8Nj031DpCPdFDMUcGR35LeEz_TZJOKlFHVUtW9VuvXfJgQWHiYnlirGNwZU1sCGyMcFJwVnTtdf17FH11feOEb4TZidOMNo19jb-OipAblLiVZpfQmhObjZ2qo4qsZrGztMW1SLk-vTa-p8Ls02_TftQj1ELYdtrB227b1Nvn3Q3dqOLV51To1utj7T_tQe2D73rxivaj_rr_3g==?accountName=sethbine&characterName=SouthpawReaveMaster

Now I realize I could swing around and grab the life tree but this costs several passive points and maybe if I some how manage to get to 100 Ill use the last 12 points to finish that off and add 1200 hp to my build. As you can see my gear has decent hp on them just not enough nods to really shine.

Bandits-oak,oak, depending if you want power, endurance or frenzy or you could get the passive.

Gem Links-
Spoiler
Reave-WED-Aoe-Weapon physical damage, multi strike for 5 link- 6th I went Physical to lightning.
CWDT-Immortal call(Life Saver and needed for Abysus helm. increased duration, and warlords mark.
Only using warlords mark for life/mana needed early til you get good leech rings.
Whirling-faster attacks-blood magic-fortify
Curse on hit, HoL, assassins mark gives you power charges even when entire pack dies.
Vaal Reave-faster attacks-melee physical
ice golem-rispote helps when you take hits dealing damage back.

Offense

Spoiler
Dsp 95350 with only aura's and ice golem, if you go flame golem you break 100k easy.
76.38 crit chance on Bino's without charges a few other nods on the wheel can be taken which I changed out of giving over 80%

Defense

Spoiler
3882 life
Evasion 36% if you want more you can go with rats nest and grace instead of hatred but you will lose around 25k dps.
Dodoge 50%
spell dodge 30% use step boots 46% and puts evasion at 40% if you go this way make sure you can get max resists without the boots. Im using a crit talisman so if you have one with Phyiscal damage and resists

Something like these will work well for you. Also note I have them for sale should you need it.

Playstyle I basicly whirl into packs and click reave and they all die even yellow. When you get to a boss you can quickly change aoe for conc effect gaining 45-50k dps whirl into the boss for fortify and click reave he will die fast. Most times even if he hits you immortal call wil keep you alive.

Also to note you can use blood rage, I have 3.6% life regen add .4% more and youll lose no life to blood rage and this will help you get frenzy charges and do more damage.

I like the fact my dps is very consistant I do gain around 10k dps when I have my charges and another 12% damage midigation from endurance charges but its nice to be strong all the time.

The only issue Ive had is reflect, blood magic maps you can do but youll have to lose the aura's whih leaves you at around 55k dps still not bad.

On a side note Vaal Reave is a goodsend for this build, one you can use it often, it increases your aoe allot and works even when you are using conc effect and continues to keep the large range as long as you continue to hit mobs. Ive ran maps with full screen Reave going and able to keep Vaal reave hitting the whole map. If you had 2 of them you could certainly do conc effect and never need the aoe gem and be running almost 150k dps without charges. Nothing in this build cost me a ton except Bino's was 1.2 ex. I paid 8 chaos for the armor used a 5 link junker to level and saved fuses til I could 6 link it, saved to many as I got real lucky and managed to 6 link it on my 41st fuse. Did take over 200 jewelers though to 6 socket. all and all I love this build its very fun, super fact clear speed and nothing anyone could do with a little patience and lucky fusings.

Any questions comments are welcome, Im sure there are things I can do to improve the build so tell me how and Ill test it out. thanks guys, I will continue to update this build as I learn more ways to improve either defense or offense or as new content comes out that effects the build.

If anyone can explain how to print screen with a windows 10 computer mine dont have function 8 or print screen buttons Id be happy to add a screen of my full stats. thanks
Last edited by sethbine on Feb 7, 2016, 12:17:01 AM
reserved for future use
bump
updated build
Ive maxed a few more gems and added a jewel to the tree which gave me 98560 in ho with herald of ice and hatred. Using herald of ice to curse on hit with the shatter to get power charges which I dont really need considering I have almost 80% crit chance now, so if I you change to herald of ask you end up with 106k sitting in base without charges which is basicly what you end up getting with charges so I believe to be consistant with the most damage and not need to rely on charges at all you can go ash. Azi flask still gives you a ton of dmg boost, plus I use vaal reave and now got vaal haste and end up around 130k dps with flasks and haste. When I face a boss I change aoe out to con effect and boost over 170k dps without flasks or haste so probly over 200k easy with flask and haste active.

I plan to keep updating and working the build and use all remaining points to get more defense and life.
Last edited by sethbine on Feb 7, 2016, 12:15:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info