Heavy Metal Marauder 2.1 [HC Infernal Blow 2h-Mace spec]

Hello again, imaginary fans! This time I'm going to do a write up on my Infernal Blow Marauder. I did not look up any guides before I started this character, it was really simple to put together, making it friendly to new players.

At my peak I reached 7.2K Life and 24K DPS with Melee Splash and no Concentrated Effect.
The biggest strength of this spec is it's pack-clearing capabilities. With hardly any stun investment you can perma-stun giant packs thanks to the recent buff to Melee Splash. Infernal Blow and Melee Splash's quality bonuses together is what makes the AoE of this contest Flameblast's Aoe.

Skilltree

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEBAdwEswUtB3UJlg48EuEUIBRNFHEYkRo4ITQhVScvLdI1kjkOOlI62DrhPAU9_ECgQT9Gt0d-TeNQR1HmWGNZ814TXz9lTWZUaGVo8m87cql07Xasd-N4DXh6eWh673uMfNmCB4KbhNmE74VShXuHaozPkFWRzpSHl3maO57Fnz6f36IAouqmV6knqW6plKyqrY20L7Xyu-28n702vqfAGsBmwKbBBMbYz37Tb9i92WHZfNrB3D3fsuRR6hjrCew47w7vfPAf8kXz3fZI9zL46_xL_gr-jw==

PoEDB version with stats
http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEBAdwEswUtB3UJlg48EuEUIBRNFHEYkRo4ITQhVScvLdI1kjkOOlI62DrhPAU9_ECgQT9Gt0d-TeNQR1HmWGNZ814TXz9lTWZUaGVo8m87cql07Xasd-N4DXh6eWh673uMfNmCB4KbhNmE74VShXuHaozPkFWRzpLQlIeXeZo7nsWfPp_fogCmV6knqW6plKyqrY20L7Xyu-28n702vqfAGsBmwKbBBMbYz37Tb9i92WHZfNrB3D3fsuRR6hjrCew47w7vfPAf8kXz3fZI9zL46_xL_gr-jw==

So as you can see on the PoEDB version of the tree, this build gets 4 jewel sockets and 211% life. If you get 6% life on all your jewels thats another 24%. My sketchy additive skills tells me this makes the total percentage increased life 235. Pretty simple and straight forward too.

This is the part of the build guide where you usually show of your gear. When I died I gave all of my pieces away to the global 1 chat in the Standard league, so I'm gonna keep it basic here.

This is what you're looking for:
Gloves
* Dexterity
* Flat physical damage
* Attack Speed
* Life&resists
* Armor

Boots
* Movement Speed
* Life&Resists
* Armor

Helmet
* Intelligence
* Life&Resists
* Armor

Chest Armor
* Best in Slot is Kaom's Heart. Pros - Insane life.
* Second best option would be Belly of the Beast. Pros - Potential for a fun Vaal skill, like Vaal Ground Slam!

If you cannot afford either, and thats totally cool. Both of these unique armors are expensive end-game uniques.
On a rare piece you're looking for:
* Life
* Resists
* Armor

Farming the tier 1 map, Crypt, can get you the Celestial Justicar Divination Card, which could give you a great option for end-game chest piece.

Amulet
* Any attributes you're lacking! Dex/Int
* Life
* Flat physical damage

Rings
* Resists
* Life
* Flat Physical

A great way of looking for rings, is to search for Two-Stone rings with All Res and flat physical damage rolls. They're usually pretty budget.

Belt
* Life
* Armor
* Resists
* Any flask mods are a nice bonus.

Weapon
Praise be GGG, our end-game weapon is the extremely cheap, yet deadly as fuck, Marohi Erqi!
The reason I used this maul instead of a GG Coronal Maul is the price and the free level 15 Increased Area of Effect.

Now that the gear base-line is set I'm gonna lay out the links in the simplest way I can.

Links

Main Attack, in order of importance:
* Infernal Blow - Melee Splash - Melee Physical Damage - Multistrike - Added Fire Damage - Physical to Lightning/Life Leech.

Aura setup
* Blasphemy - Warlords Mark - CWDT - Molten Shell
As long as Warlord's Mark is active and well above the required level for CWDT, the two setups won't interact at all. The curse is up all the time and Molten Shell is cast when it should.

Golem and second CWDT setup
* Chaos Golem - Rallying Cry - CWDT - Immortal Call
The same rules that applied to Molten Shell and Warlord's Mark applies here as well. If you want to, you can swap the Chaos Golem for the Fire Golem.

Movement
* Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Herald of Ash or Arctic Armor.

I got 4 jewel sockets in this build, and here are some key things to look for:
* Life
* Increased Physical Damage with Maces
* Increased Fire Damage
* Increased Area Damage

Area Damage + Mace or just straight Physical Damage modifiers are cheap and easy to get or roll yourself, 3 out of 4 jewels in my tree ended up being Cobalt Jewels, so if you're rolling yourself thats could be the base to aim for.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Last edited by OlaSarcasm on Jan 29, 2016, 11:27:40 AM
Do you have any sort of leveling passive trees set up? Currently leveling a character and I don't really know what nodes to prioritize first, and those would help a lot.
What bandit rewards did you choose?
"
ultranoob321 wrote:
Do you have any sort of leveling passive trees set up? Currently leveling a character and I don't really know what nodes to prioritize first, and those would help a lot.

Yes, life and Resolute Technique is the first thing I rush, after that I go to Duelist to get all the damage and life, OR the Templar to get AoE. Up to you.
"
kerossin wrote:
What bandit rewards did you choose?

Life from Oak in normal
Physical Damage from Oak in Cruel
Passive or Endurance Charge in Merc. I recommend the charge for IC uptime and more damage mitigation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info