[2.1][HC] Freeze Pulse Miner

Hullo

This character is built to deal massive amounts of cold damage from a distance without concerning itself with reflect. The build was originally crafted to run with a Freeze Mine triple curser, but performs admirably solo as well.

Pros

+Able to deal lots of damage from a medium-long range
+Freeze
+Immune to reflect
+High Damage output
+Immune to Chaos Damage
+High Effective HP Pool
+Good Clear Speed
+Weeee Crit Multi \[T]/
+can run almost any map mod.

Cons

-Mana Cost is high enough to where I’d reccomend helping Alira normal
-Mana pot
-Stun can be a problem if you zerg too hard (Unless you’re filthy rich and own Skyforth)
-Desync with mines makes it so that sometimes you just go plant mines on enemies faces without your consent
-Freeze Pulse has a hard time functioning in closed spaces and even though it looks like it can go through the gap it chooses not to.
-Playstyle takes a little adjustment

Defenses

+coming soon

Offenses

+coming soon

Passive Skill and Leveling Up

With the addition of Night’s Hold, leveling has never been smoother. Just simply socket a Fire nova mine in Night’s hold. Even taking only 3 damage nodes you will still faceroll most of the content. To make leveling easier I chose to aim for either high life or hybrid gear till 69/70 which allows you to purchase all the Energy Shield gear you will need to switch to CI.

Leveling Progression
Spoiler
30 points
Spoiler

60 points
Spoiler

90 points
Spoiler

End GAMMMEEEEEE
Spoiler

Gems Links and Setup

Freeze Pulse

Freeze Pulse-Remote Mine - Greater Multiple Projectiles/cold penetration - Increased Critical Damage - Controlled Destruction - slower/faster projectiles

Comments:
+The Mine support comes from Tremor Rod, effectively giving you an extra link.
+ Greater Multiple Projectiles can be swapped for Cold Penetration on bosses
+ Controlled Destruction’s more multiplier for damage is nuts, and the crit reduction is decreased, not less, so it doesn’t affect us negatively in too severe of a way.
+Switch Slower projectiles for Faster Projectiles in situations that require higher Single target damage that Cold Pen isn’t doing the job for.

Auras

Discipline-Arctic Armour-enlighten-Clarity

Cast When Stunned

4l Arctic breath - Freeze Pulse/Immortal Call -Lesser Multiple Projectiles-Cast When Stunned(remove this setup when in Elemental Reflect Areas)
2l Detonate mines-Cast When Stunned
3l Immortal Call-Cold Snap-Cast When Stunned

Vaal Skills and Smoke Mine

Vaal Discipline-Vaal Clarity-Smoke Mine-Increased Duration

Gearing Choices

Mandatory

-Tremor Rod, ES gear, 2 energy from withins with preferably 10%+ increased maximum ES, and Quality Freeze pulse

Optional, but optimal

-Eye of chayula for swap on fast hitting bosses

-Auxium for not getting permanently frozen

-Night’s Hold blue socket for Fire Nova Mine leveling

-Stat Gear allows you to level your gems and drop nodes which give attributes on tree which means more damage/survivability, I aimed to get some IIR on my gear to try and find some of the uniques to reduce the cost of the identify new uniques challenge.

The Dream

-21/20 Freeze pulse is a gift from above and will significantly boost your damage.

-6l Tremor rood with good rolls

My Gear

Spoiler

Jewels

Spoiler

Video(s)

Tier 7 Jungle Valley

FAQ’s and Dank Memes

Do Mines Target enemies?
A: Yes. they target the closest enemy from the position of the mine and have a pretty decent range.

Does using Mines mean you cannot leech or proc HoI?
A: Yes this means you cannot benefit from effects such as leech or HoI/HoT triggers as it is not you casting the skill

Does using mines make you more hipster?
A: Yes. Using mines may cause you to sound like a certain PoE streamer. *Cough*ItsYoji *Cough*

How do you survive without getting stun immunity as CI
A: Detonate Mines is a very powerful gem recently released which when supported to cast when stunned detonates all of our mines when stunned, combine this with smoke mine and we have a easy escape route if shit hits the fan. Also being knowledgeable of what kind of bosses to be very carefull for is a very important factor in my decision to either stay or nope the fuck out.

Thanks to lloydicus for all the help <3
Last edited by GooGeish on Jan 18, 2016, 5:04:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info