Spell Damage not showing right in stats?

When i have

equipped i show 1651.66 dps.

But if i equip

my dps drops to 1474 or 1552.
Both those have way higher spell damage.

Am i missing something?
Is it the 5-75 lighting on the wand?

Running an arc build with this gear:

Tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUABLMJqg3NFm8Yaho4HM4dFCSqJy8rUDbpOtg8LUbXWAdZ82aeaPJxhXIPcql4L3xLfOWCm4PMi4yPRpBVlnSaO5uhogCsmKyqr6exQrc-wGbAmsT2xq7Mt9V11abZ_Nq54XPjauw47TzwH_cy99f53frS_lQ=?accountName=Darshek78&characterName=Soulfreeze
1st wand: high spell damage
2nd wand: very low spell damage + high damage added to spells
3rd wand: low spell damage
4th wand: mediocre spell damage + mediocre critical strike multiplier

While your tree is pretty weird, it has no increased critical strike chance, so the critical strike multiplier of the 4th wand will do little for your damage. You'll get the best tooltip damage from either wands 1+2 or wands 1+4.

2 modifiers are missing almost completely from your gear and tree: cast speed and critical strike chance. Certainly cast speed will make a huge difference for your leveling experience.

ps: nice amulet ;)
Thx, Controlled Destruction is why i have no crit gear.
"
Darshek78 wrote:
Thx, Controlled Destruction is why i have no crit gear.
Just in case: it seems to be a common misconception about controlled destruction that you cannot crit with it. In fact the gem is very good for crit builds. If you did know that it can crit, you can safely ignore everything that follows :)

How it works: you have +600% increased critical strike chance from tree+gear+charges, controlled destruction gives -100% reduced critical strike chance, for a total of 500% increased critical strike chance. With arc, you'd still have 5% x (1+500%) = 30% critical strike chance while using controlled destruction gem.

If it had been 100% less instead of reduced critical strike chance, then you'd not be able to crit. Look up Marylene's Fallacy for an example of the less modifier. Even after numerous buffs that amulet is still used very little.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info